+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sokanon

Thread: Bug: Fanaticism with Soul Drain

Default Bug: Fanaticism with Soul Drain

If you cast Fanaticism, then try to cast Soul Drain, it bugs out.

You get the soul drain casting animation but it doesn't land on the target. It does 0 damage let alone crit.

Combat log shows begins casting soul drain. Then next line says Fanaticism fades. Soul drain does not land and does no damage.

Please fix. Thanks!

Soulwalker

You sure? I've never had any problems with this at all.

.....are you in melee range?

Cleric Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Quietmode View Post
    .....are you in melee range?
    This is the most common mistake I see people make with Soul Drain. Some clarification in the tooltip would probably help. Soul Drain will fire whether there are targets in range, or not, and consume any applicable buffs when it does, as well.
    "You're right. Technically he has the right to cry about it. And I have the right to mock him for crying about something stupid." ~Bridgeburner
    "Try to hate other people less, you might enjoy life more." ~Tenet

73 Likes , 1 Infraction, Liked 228 posts, and counting...

Maybe it is bugged because in the WF someone constantly was using soul drain on me but it wasn't doing any damage on me.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion333 View Post
    Maybe it is bugged because in the WF someone constantly was using soul drain on me but it wasn't doing any damage on me.
    Maybe he got interrupted? Because that's quite easy to do with a 2 sec cast time.

RIFT Guide Writer

Soul Drain + fanaticism is working as intended..testing solved. Most likely he was out of range.

Abilities shouldn't fire off and waste CD if not in range?.. that seems like a bug worth fixing across all classes/abilities...i would bug petition it
    Last edited by Hodor; 09-15-2011 at 05:41 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsurfing View Post
    Abilities shouldn't fire off and waste CD if not in range?.. that seems like a bug worth fixing across all classes/abilities...i would bug petition it
    Fanaticism is consumed by any damaging spell you cast.

Soul Drain is a spell and therefore will not tell you if you're in melee range.

What needs to be fixed is the intelligence level of players who fail to read/research abilities before they complain its a bug and needs to be fixed.

Do I think Soul Drain should be castable from range? Absolutely. But it's not.

Rift Chaser

Soul Drain is a PBAOE with a 7 meter range. It radiates outward from the caster.

If no one is in range, then it hits nothing.

If you read the tooltip, it says specifically, "Casts out a series of soul-ravaging strands towards up to 3 enemies within 7 meters of the cleric."

It's like, Circle of Oblivion: you press it, you click the ground, it goes off, whether anybody is there or not.

But instead of a press and then a click, Soul Drain is a press, a cast time, then it just goes off.

The fact that it is considered melee (procs Vengeances) isn't obvious, but it clearly describes what it does more than enough, I think, having read the tooltip again - before proceding to use it all day, as usual, without any errors, including when paired with fanatacism.

I kind of wonder if Azguard has even come back and read this or not, actually.
    "You're right. Technically he has the right to cry about it. And I have the right to mock him for crying about something stupid." ~Bridgeburner
    "Try to hate other people less, you might enjoy life more." ~Tenet

73 Likes , 1 Infraction, Liked 228 posts, and counting...

+ Reply to Thread