+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any surival tips for new 50 pvp cleric

Telaran

Default Any surival tips for new 50 pvp cleric

Have enjoyed being a healing cleric throughout 1-49 pvp. Am use to being the main target once I start healing, but now am thinking about buying funiture to decorate the graveyard. I do ok the first encounter but then seemed to be marked and immediately targeted no matter how many people I try to blend in with. What have other folks been doing to keep alive begining 50 PVP?

Shield of Telara

Run around spamming healing flood so people don't ***** at you. Sadly you have absolutely no chance against higher level players so spam as many aoe heals as you can until you gear up.

Oh and stay at the back and run away alot, you do more heals alive than dead. If people want heals they need to protect you, don't put yourself at risk if you aren't getting support.
    Last edited by Afyael; 09-09-2011 at 08:32 AM.

20 Justicar.

The new changes to valor really, really help as well.

Era
    Champion of Telara

Get some furniture to decorate the graveyards. I'll join you later.
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

I've already got a couch and TV set up in the GY. Bring pop corn, we can watch the action together.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Hidria View Post
    I've already got a couch and TV set up in the GY. Bring pop corn, we can watch the action together.
    Kettle corn or extra butter?

I ran a kind of -icar DPS/Support spec for rank 1 and 2. Tossing in debuffs, CC and a few heals whenever I could. At R3 I went full heals and never looked back.

Champion

20 justicar helps with the 15% dmg reduction, also be sure to get 5 in templar....-15% chance to be crit is huge damage reduction. Put the rest into inquisitor for some damage and doctrine heals...u actually get some nice burst against low health targets in this spec with sanction heretic and instant cast crit bolt of depravity, u can actually crit a warrior for 12-15 damage this way.

Champion

Oh and for a healing build try going deep into the left side of your templar tree, the rest into warden, and zero sentinel(for healing breath). I dont heal all that much, but I played with that spec and there seemed to be pretty good survivability, good aoe heals, good cd's, and dont have to stand still to cast very often, so its very mobile.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Adeezha View Post
    I ran a kind of -icar DPS/Support spec for rank 1 and 2. Tossing in debuffs, CC and a few heals whenever I could. At R3 I went full heals and never looked back.
    I was thinking about doing that, but I just like p**sing the other team off with heals. I am just not doing my job right unless the other side sends 4-5 peeps to deal with me when they see me on the battlefield.

Soulwalker

Ive used a survival build from r1 to currently r5.

the build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...oz.AuMo0xs.EVb

gives you tons of convictions for dols and tons of mitigation. 26% when you heal yourself. Youre not going to kill anyone but they arent gonna kill you one on one. It takes 3+ focusing me to get me down. If i pop my cool downs... I usually get away or atleast survive till my team gets to me. Use shards of light and banish at the bottom of your conviction building macro. You get healers conenant, reinforce, protect the flock, TTL+HI combo. You will get top 3 most of the time in healing. But also remember you buff everyone relatively close with 11% damage reduction.

Just my 2 cents

Telaran

Id add also never forget the power of Detaunt in the Templar tree. That with the changes to valor have made my rank 2 cleric into a beast against all but those who out gear me badly.

Of course if the other teams are smart enough to focus you all the time then not much help for that. seems like most the Wfs i go into the other side has all been dropped on their head. Well except the odd roduge from time to time who sneak up on me. But slap them with a detaunt and heal yourself until they get bored and go away.

Someone probably said this already but I would try 46 pruifier, 22 templar, with templar there are some pretty good heals to call home about, but also you can spend a few points into damage reduction. And you get healing bonuses and what not. Im not a voluntary healers only do it on demand. Anyways the only downside is the prestige ranks kind of have to make you fiddle with pvp for a while.

afk to rank 5. it's the only way to avoid the frustration of being a new 50 in wfs.

Amen, but you can also pop into warfronts with a circle of oblivion, tyranny, aoe fear etc. etc. macro and laugh at the numbers your putting out in the short seconds before that one pr8 paragon/ champ who was sizing you up bull rushes you and drains the health in about 3 hits. Its fun while it lasts, also id recomend experiencing some warfronts, pvp is important in any mmo, in my opinion, heck it made dark age of camelot what it was, albeit, playing it now is hitting a dead horse but it was a hit

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast