+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: SC Gears are now ruined.

Default SC Gears are now ruined.

The reason why i stacked SC for a cleric is so that i could get more Serendipity, overflow and Lust for Blood procs now trion has ruined it and im gunna have to now stack SP which means grinding every T1 raid AGAIN.
    Thanks Trion

Quote Originally Posted by Yeolon View Post
    The reason why i stacked SC for a cleric is so that i could get more Serendipity, overflow and Lust for Blood procs now trion has ruined it and im gunna have to now stack SP which means grinding every T1 raid AGAIN.
    Thanks Trion
    Reitemization is a pita, but it is something you should of forseen coming. However, you still have a few weeks to pull things togather, you may experince some overhealing for a short time, until you regear. And in the end, find it better to have gear made for us, optimal for us.

I know I was dreading having to have to endure rolling against mages, in master modes, for cloth gear. Come 1.5 will no longer be something clerics are forced to endure.

i didnt stack cloth items i was reasonable with my gear but still i stacked all the cleric crit gear and now they are making it usless for wat i want.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeolon View Post
    i didnt stack cloth items i was reasonable with my gear but still i stacked all the cleric crit gear and now they are making it usless for wat i want.
    Yes, this change is particularly harsh for healers. I don't think it will be quite as bad for dps clerics as we still want crit for several builds. I purposely avoided buying cloth plaque pieces because I figured Trion would pull something like this eventually.
    Bokor - Cleric (Warrior Priest)

Quote Originally Posted by Spyrit View Post
    Reitemization is a pita, but it is something you should of forseen coming. However, you still have a few weeks to pull things togather, you may experince some overhealing for a short time, until you regear. And in the end, find it better to have gear made for us, optimal for us.

I know I was dreading having to have to endure rolling against mages, in master modes, for cloth gear. Come 1.5 will no longer be something clerics are forced to endure.
    The gear isn't "optimal for us". The parses coming out of the test server are all showing flat out nerfs, even in spellpower gear, at the highest tiers of gearing. If you weren't already in raid gear, you may in fact notice a buff.

I will say though that the nerf is rather minor and liveable until some hotfix down the road or the like. The real complaint anyone ought to have is the damage to hybrid healing specs.
    "You're right. Technically he has the right to cry about it. And I have the right to mock him for crying about something stupid." ~Bridgeburner
    "Try to hate other people less, you might enjoy life more." ~Tenet

73 Likes , 1 Infraction, Liked 228 posts, and counting...

So you rolled on cloth, spent marks on cloth, while you knew chain was the intended armor type for cleric?

Something was bound to be done to fix clerics rolling on stuff clearly meant for mages. It's your fault for not having foresight, not Trion's.
    Zyph - <SICK> - Briarcliff - 50 - Kelari Male - Cleric
    Maerina - <SICK> - Briarcliff - 26 - Bahmi Female - Warrior
    Deneret - Unguilded - Briarcliff - 31 - Dwarf Female - Rogue
    Mihli - Unguilded - Briarcliff - 26 - Dwarf Female- Mage

Rift Disciple

It's still a nerf regardless of what gear you choose to buy.

Telaran

I find all the clerics screaming blood murder over the crit changes (healing ones mostly) hilarious, its not like the "Diona's" T1 raid bought set had only SP on it to begin with so if you couldn't figure out that Trion intended cleric healers to use SP in the first place well....

PS: In my P7/P6/P5/T1 gear I gained 70dps in shaman while on the PTS so it might not be a nerf for that tree...
    Tsukasu, Cleric of <Salty>, 4/4 GA, 3/3 IG, 3/5 PBB.

I think it's important not to jump off the bridge on this change. If you follow the reasoning rationally, the fact that trion has said they want to eliminate clerics rolling on cloth and wars rolling on leather, combined with the fact they couldn't simply add a whole new set of u2 chain crit gear(yay more clef loot,) then you see it was neccessary to change the nature of the skills themselves.

I predict some slight tuning before it's implemented.

Sunspots the Retired
    Once R8 Guardian Cleric of Seastone
    Proud Alumni of [breaking bads]

Observe my Past Glory in Video Format here!!

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sunspots View Post
    I think it's important not to jump off the bridge on this change. If you follow the reasoning rationally, the fact that trion has said they want to eliminate clerics rolling on cloth and wars rolling on leather, combined with the fact they couldn't simply add a whole new set of u2 chain crit gear(yay more clef loot,) then you see it was neccessary to change the nature of the skills themselves.

I predict some slight tuning before it's implemented.
    Except if that's the intention, this is a fail. This will not change crit's value for dps, only for healers. Even in 1.4, few healers wanted cloth. It was mostly the dps. I don't see that this fixes anything, while it seems to be a nerf (well, except inquisitor, who knows where that'll go). If Trion wants to do remove the incentive for rolling on cloth, they're going to have to nerf the +20% crit damage talents.

Ascendant

So...cleric dps going to take a bit nerf now cuz of this? Kind of annoying to have to re-itemize my gearsets yet again.

This is still only on the test server and there is a good possiblity these changes might not make it Live.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Azarine View Post
    This is still only on the test server and there is a good possiblity these changes might not make it Live.
    There has only ever been 1 significant change I've ever seen tested on PTS that wasn't put into live. That was -50% crit damage in PvP. But hilariously, they pushed through a free 30% damage reduction for everyone in PvP despite -50% crit damage killing PvP.

They treat the PTS as a place to test changes they already have designated for release to make sure they work. That's about it.

Rift Disciple

Incorrect. All of those huge mage changes that were on test a few months ago did not make it to live either.

Shadowlander

There's a nice thread over this one discussing that it's an overall nerf for all the callings in any gearset *NOW*. If you're in doubt, please look for it.

There's also the smart people that felt inclined to point out that 'this doesn't scale'.

Aaaaand also to point out that if they want Spellpower to be overall best in healing(and it looks like DPS as well [don't bother citing jolt, with raid buffs and a 6sec cooldown that's not even a factor short of RNG ****ery/ derp mechanics / user error]) they've forgotten the ideal itemization for *ANY* cleric spec that needs focus, and that our highest SP sets are usually the healing set-- which has no focus.

*PLEASE* Trion. Make it so that people can no longer wear gear that is outside of their class's calling and isn't soulbound (or purchased/BoE if that suits you and you still are okay with clerics in cloth). *INSTANTANEOUS FIX* to the cleric/mages wanting the same armor. ONE HIT. DONE. No mechanic change to things that aren't broken.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast