+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: SC Gears are now ruined.

Rift Disciple

Even with this, the int gear will be better for healers who are raiding because the mana regen from wisdom faces mean diminishing returns as you get more of it. Why keep stacking a stat that's giving less and less when you can simply keep increasing your maximum mana pool by a consistent amount? It makes even more sense considering the external mana regen abilities (Mental flare, etc.) give a percentage of your total mana, ignoring wisdom completely. And crit/int will still be preferred by several dps specs that preferred it before (inquis in several different iterations, 51 shaman, and any justicar hybrid healer with lmr talent).

What this does is it helps lower geared players and fresh 50s to still do some damage (i.e. any 51 shaman with less than 45% crit, any inq with less than 46% crit, etc). Nothing else is going to change (aside from higher geared players getting their dps nerfed in a class that already has poor comparative dps). We will still take mage gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuinir View Post
    Even with this, the int gear will be better for healers who are raiding because the mana regen from wisdom faces mean diminishing returns as you get more of it. Why keep stacking a stat that's giving less and less when you can simply keep increasing your maximum mana pool by a consistent amount? It makes even more sense considering the external mana regen abilities (Mental flare, etc.) give a percentage of your total mana, ignoring wisdom completely. And crit/int will still be preferred by several dps specs that preferred it before (inquis in several different iterations, 51 shaman, and any justicar hybrid healer with lmr talent).

What this does is it helps lower geared players and fresh 50s to still do some damage (i.e. any 51 shaman with less than 45% crit, any inq with less than 46% crit, etc). Nothing else is going to change (aside from higher geared players getting their dps nerfed in a class that already has poor comparative dps). We will still take mage gear.
    And this is ok? No offense, but who cares about a fresh 50? No one expects their dps to be awesome from the get go.
    Last edited by kidbs; 09-09-2011 at 06:08 AM.
    Bokor - Cleric (Warrior Priest)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by kidbs View Post
    And this is ok? No offense, but who cares about a fresh 50? No one expects their dps to be awesome from the get go.
    I didn't say it was ok, it's a poor choice from Trion. The point was to point out the resulting changes from this, if it were to go live. tl:dr, it buffs fresh 50 clerics, nerfs well-geared clerics. Nothing else. Maybe one of the devs will see these threads and realize the bigger issue.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zyphxion View Post
    So you rolled on cloth, spent marks on cloth, while you knew chain was the intended armor type for cleric?

Something was bound to be done to fix clerics rolling on stuff clearly meant for mages. It's your fault for not having foresight, not Trion's.
    I don't think it's anyone fault...Trion gave us the option to use cloth gear...it's not like we are trying to circumvent the issue. Trion should just say...Warrior can only wear plate..rogues only leather etc etc. But they didn't, allowing us to wear mail, leather and cloth...then they kill the mana regen, making us take on more Int than Wisdom...I mean, Trion is putting the carrot in front of us...and we just follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Andivory View Post
    I don't think it's anyone fault...Trion gave us the option to use cloth gear...it's not like we are trying to circumvent the issue. Trion should just say...Warrior can only wear plate..rogues only leather etc etc. But they didn't, allowing us to wear mail, leather and cloth...then they kill the mana regen, making us take on more Int than Wisdom...I mean, Trion is putting the carrot in front of us...and we just follow.
    I agree. They should have simply made each class stick with it's own gear type from the get-go and avoided all of this mess.
    Bokor - Cleric (Warrior Priest)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Azarine View Post
    This is still only on the test server and there is a good possiblity these changes might not make it Live.
    <cough>synergy crystals<cough>

Shield of Telara

I don't have a single piece of cloth, but I do get as much chain spell crit gear as I can. This change flat out stinks for me, I just feel even more sorry for those wearing cloth...

way to **** up trion

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Yeolon View Post
    The reason why i stacked SC for a cleric is so that i could get more Serendipity, overflow and Lust for Blood procs now trion has ruined it and im gunna have to now stack SP which means grinding every T1 raid AGAIN.
    Thanks Trion
    -Didn't bother reading posts past the OP.

In regards to the OP: Crit will STILL remain useful, though not quite as useful as it was. They're giving us inherent abilities that increase the chance based on points spent in the tree, which personally I think is more interesting on a class base, rather than a gear base.

It nerfs the high-end geared people, while benefiting those who are lower on the gear scale. In essence the changes are "Bring the class, not the gear".

Regearing is a MINOR PITA. I'd consider myself one of the top geared DPS clerics in current raiding content, and I'll be honest, aside from a few lessers I'll replace with SP over crit, there isn't much of a change. Stop overreacting and start thinking outside the box and do a little napkin math. You'll see the change isn't gamebreaking at all.

Anyone who was wearing more cloth than chain gear was doing it wrong in the first place.
    Last edited by Sokanon; 09-09-2011 at 08:50 AM.

Rift Master

Default Problem

That's true for Inq and Shaman Sokanon, but it is a problem for those of us that used our crit gear for healing with warden and sentinel. Means building a new gear set or giving up on healing.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Valdis43 View Post
    That's true for Inq and Shaman Sokanon, but it is a problem for those of us that used our crit gear for healing with warden and sentinel. Means building a new gear set or giving up on healing.
    Because obviously I only wanted to crit to increase my casting speed, not to have larger heals. -_-

Soulwalker

Could this just be Trion's way of lowering the threshhold to make room in crit scaling for future content and gear tiers?

If endgame, we are already hitting cap at T3, then higher tiered crit stats would be worthless?

Not trolling, just curious on thoughts.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sokanon View Post
    -Didn't bother reading posts past the OP.

In regards to the OP: Crit will STILL remain useful, though not quite as useful as it was. They're giving us inherent abilities that increase the chance based on points spent in the tree, which personally I think is more interesting on a class base, rather than a gear base.

It nerfs the high-end geared people, while benefiting those who are lower on the gear scale. In essence the changes are "Bring the class, not the gear".

Regearing is a MINOR PITA. I'd consider myself one of the top geared DPS clerics in current raiding content, and I'll be honest, aside from a few lessers I'll replace with SP over crit, there isn't much of a change. Stop overreacting and start thinking outside the box and do a little napkin math. You'll see the change isn't gamebreaking at all.

Anyone who was wearing more cloth than chain gear was doing it wrong in the first place.
    Certainly wearing more cloth than chain is wrong, but there are a couple T1 raid vendor cloth items that were better for a DPS cleric than the chain version. Personally, I have 2 cloth pieces...luckily I have enough marks of ascension to remedy the problem when 1.5 hits if I don't have the HK version of those pieces by then.

wat u guys gotta remember is that they are nerfing hybrids too this way.

making this a % of how many points in a tree rather than when u crit and i crit alot in my CLERIC CHAIN gears, which is wat its supposed to do right?
    Last edited by Yeolon; 09-09-2011 at 10:29 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Yeolon View Post
    i didnt stack cloth items i was reasonable with my gear but still i stacked all the cleric crit gear and now they are making it usless for wat i want.
    if you bought chain "dps" gear, your fine. the "dps gear" has roughly 10sp 25sc per peice where the "healer gear" has 15sp 0sc. the wis/int stats were basically within 1 point of eachother, not anything noticeable.

i dont care what spec you are running, dumping your dps gear so you can gain 5sp per piece at the expense of 25sc is dumb.

if the gear was simply reversed stats, say the healer gear had 20sp, 12sc per peice then yeah id say get the healer gear, thats not the case, the healer gear is just plain bad.
    Last edited by Shieldy; 09-09-2011 at 12:58 PM.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Valdis43 View Post
    I heal with Warden/Sent, Puri/Sent as well... and I use my DPS gear to do so. It's not going to make or break the healing. The only thing that makes a difference is they are "nerfing" the hybrid healing builds.. your gear won't be that much at risk.

Just like the other patches where people were like OMG QQQQQQQ, they ended up saying, "huh... this isn't as bad as I thought it would be". People need to step back and stop smashing their heads in before its time to smash their heads in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast