+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: [Cleric 1.5] Spell crit based gear setup/Hybrid builds useless now

Ascendant

My biggest problem with this change is that the 3s cast time heals are mostly unviable in PvP due to multiple things like interrupts, cast time increases, and the cast time itself. Serendepity was the only thing that really made sentinel viable at 28-51 spec. I can, however, live with the changes if the cast time of HI is lowered to 2.5.

Not only that, pigeonholeing people into running 4x specs just to be somewhat viable is the exact opposite of what Trion promised.
    Irony - Pathiss

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by fineaid View Post
    Love the changes- All my gear is SP of course. Man being in a top 10 guild sure has its advantages. Stack SP ftw

1652 SP Self buffed with 662 crit if your all wondering
    What advantages? I'm not in a top 10 guild and I'm at 1629sp / 996 sc.

And for my builds, this crap is a huge nerf and would force me to play in a way that I don't want to...

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Covenn View Post
    Pigeonholeing people into running 4x specs just to be somewhat viable is the exact opposite of what Trion promised.

Yup.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by FjordMyth View Post
    Clerics cried a river about being "forced" to take cloth items after reaching raid level gear. Now Trion listened to the complaints and did something about it.

Now we all cry a river about Trion listening and doing something about our complaints.

we are a pathetic lot.
    There are more graceful ways they could've gone about fixing that.

They could've made it so that Wisdom gives clerics spell crit, and Int does not. This would have been remarkably easy to implement.
    They could've fixed itemization so that chain is actually more appealing than cloth. (This would probably be a moderate amount of work.)
    They could've made it so that each calling can only wear the armor type that is supposed to be designed for them. This would take a little bit of work to come up with a system to grandfather in people that already use armor that is outside their calling, although there are several ways they could handle that gracefully to grandfather them in.

It's also unsettling that even the chain wearing clerics are being punished by these changes. They originally intended for us to wear chain armor, and designed the souls with the chain armor in mind. Now they are changing the souls such that it's a nerf even for the people that were gearing up the way they originally intended.

In any case, this was their remedy for an itemization failure. I am baffled as to why the class balancing team has to pick up the slack when the itemization team fails. Make the itemization team do their job better.

Soulwalker

Default And I Quote

And I quote from the Rift official website.... uhhhem..

"Build Your Class: No other game lets you build your class the way RIFT does. Specialize in a single class or pick and choose abilities from many to create a character uniquely suited to your play style—and have fun while you experiment!"

I guess when they said, To suite your play style, they actually mean THERE play style.

Who ever is in change of these changes, you are literally going against your marketing strategy that sets you apart form WoW and other MMO's.
    51 Point specs are not my play style. So i will play another game.
    Good luck keeping ANY Clerics subscriptions if you follow through with these changes.

Very Bold strategy changing the class system of your game so early, i wonder how much longer Rift will survive.

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cwharland View Post
    This doesn't change much of anything. Anyone stacking crit in pure healing builds before was doing it wrong and even with the change to lust for blood crit is still huge in duracell and 51 sham dps builds. Looking at the cleric BiS spreadsheets the "balanced" and "high SP" relative gear ordering is very similar so if you have a lot of cloth right now in your dps/dura build just keep it. If you were buying tons of cloth for your healing set already you were doing it wrong.
    eh lust for blood is pretty lame in duracell, sure it boosts st dps a bit, but last I checked that wasn't really the point of the spec. even justice and soul drain crits give you lust for blood but don't get any damage improvement for it

Soulwalker

Good thing I've been prioritizing SP over crit since day 1. Definitely sucks to have to rebuild gear if you're statted for crit, though.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by cwharland View Post
    This doesn't change much of anything. Anyone stacking crit in pure healing builds before was doing it wrong and even with the change to lust for blood crit is still huge in duracell and 51 sham dps builds. Looking at the cleric BiS spreadsheets the "balanced" and "high SP" relative gear ordering is very similar so if you have a lot of cloth right now in your dps/dura build just keep it. If you were buying tons of cloth for your healing set already you were doing it wrong.
    You dont even know what your talking about. Most cleric builds are crit based. I dont have one single peice of cloth gear...

Champion

IMHO management Trion Worlds should expand quantity of people responsible lootable and balance of classes, people occupying with it now at all don't understand game realities, necessary begin feedback with representatives of leading raid guilds / top pvp players.

P.S. In current kind the majority of changes in Rift cause bewilderment or laughter

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Jaronbw07@juniata.edu View Post
    And I quote from the Rift official website.... uhhhem..

"Build Your Class: No other game lets you build your class the way RIFT does. Specialize in a single class or pick and choose abilities from many to create a character uniquely suited to your play style—and have fun while you experiment!"

I guess when they said, To suite your play style, they actually mean THERE play style.

Who ever is in change of these changes, you are literally going against your marketing strategy that sets you apart form WoW and other MMO's.
    51 Point specs are not my play style. So i will play another game.
    Good luck keeping ANY Clerics subscriptions if you follow through with these changes.

Very Bold strategy changing the class system of your game so early, i wonder how much longer Rift will survive.
    The problem isn't that you can't play your own play style its that people have dictated the "best" way and that becomes the only way to play. If your not the "special" build everyone else is using, they don't want to play with you. So it isn't a variety problem its that with this many combinations its nigh impossible for them to balance every possible combination to do the exact same dps, healing, whatever. No one is stopping you from playing a hybrid but yourself and your belief that your way is the only way, if you enjoy it, play it, just know that at times you might not be "the best".

We still have 3 stackable, easily obtainable talents that boost both damage and healing spell crits by 20% each.

If you think for one minute that ditching crit is a good idea, your very wrong.

I don't like these changes at all, but crit will still be a very important stat in most builds.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

The hell is the point of these changes again?

Are we just trying to streamline everyone into playing 51 point builds or what?
    Old school raid

pvp

Ascendant

My gut tells me it's just to nerf some hybrid builds and put a cap on abilities like Serendipity firing, maybe they don't like the idea of someone having a 50+ % chance of a 3 second cast only taking 1.5 seconds for instance.

Whch is odd because they designed the classes and gear.

It feels like a nerf to the the top end of town and to hybrids.
    Last edited by Malark; 09-08-2011 at 05:46 PM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by drizzt459 View Post

Yep, Trions have decided to destroy system multiclasses and forcing all to use in 51 points specs

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by drizzt459 View Post

We already were into 51 point builds before this change, just makes people who min/maxed have to redo their gearsets.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast