+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Justicar Combat table

Default Justicar Combat table

I know in wow when you had 102.8 or something avoidance+block, you started to lose block. Was wondering if this is the case in rift.

Last Night on Grugo i was running 67% block 20% parry and 19.5% dodge with full raid buffs + full consumables, putting me well over 100% combat table coverage. So unless there's something I don't know about, i beleive i am missing out on some of my block?

Don't know the finer points of the combat table for rift if someone could elaborate.

(I know wow had base 5% miss for mobs, the +level added extra chance to hit for bosses, thus 102.8, and block was first to "fall off" the table)

Cleric Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Quietmode View Post
    I know in wow when you had 102.8 or something avoidance+block, you started to lose block. Was wondering if this is the case in rift.

Last Night on Grugo i was running 67% block 20% parry and 19.5% dodge with full raid buffs + full consumables, putting me well over 100% combat table coverage. So unless there's something I don't know about, i beleive i am missing out on some of my block?

Don't know the finer points of the combat table for rift if someone could elaborate.

(I know wow had base 5% miss for mobs, the +level added extra chance to hit for bosses, thus 102.8, and block was first to "fall off" the table)
    Radak is the expert on this sort of stuff, but I believe there is a binary roll in RIFT. ie there is a roll to parry/dodge and then there is a roll to block on what is left. So :-

You will dodge 39.5% of physical attacks and then block 67% of the residual 60.5% of the hits...ie 40.535% and will be hit for full damage 19.965%.

Hope this is correct. Test it by seeing if you still get normal full hits at all.
    Last edited by Knobby; 08-23-2011 at 04:19 AM.
    Physician, heal thyself

Quote Originally Posted by Knobby View Post
    Radak is the expert on this sort of stuff, but I believe there is a binary roll in RIFT. ie there is a roll to parry/dodge and then there is a roll to block on what is left. So :-

You will dodge 39.5% of physical attacks and then block 67% of the residual 60.5% of the hits...ie 40.535% and will be hit for full damage 19.965%.

Hope this is correct. Test it by seeing if you still get normal full hits at all.
    I did notice unblocked hits on the boss for sure. When i was on the adds i attributed it to odd angles and mobs behind me while kiting. It was a bit hectic to tell though so ill have to do some testing when I'm off work
    Last edited by Quietmode; 08-23-2011 at 05:02 AM.

Cleric Tank

Shameless Bump

Also if radak sees this, I have some Tank gear you might be interested in from HK bosses for your spread sheets. Currently up to 8 peices of tank gear and use a DPS 1hander for the huge SP gain

Cleric Tank

The combat table does indeed do a binary roll.
    So first it checks for miss, dodge and parry. If that doesn't happen it does a second roll for Block.
    The result of this is that you will never achieve 100% avoidance and as such avoidance stats keep having a value regardless of gear level.

As for the items Quitemode: Feel free to post them in my spreadsheet thread. I already have a couple of items from HK in my spreadsheet (I am just slacking on the one on my blog). As for the weapon if it has focus I am willing to add it but if it doesn't I won't add it.
    Cleric tanking: Justicar guide | Justicar spreadsheet and item list
    Defence is as much a part of war as offense, the shield as important a tool as the sword.

+ Reply to Thread