+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Nerf cleric dps!!!

Default Nerf cleric dps!!!

So maybe, just maybe a cleric will actually heal in a WF lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Edowado View Post
    I agree with the dwarf

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Smoopy View Post
    Nope. I'll just quit playing altogether. In fact, I probably will anyway.

You wanted heals nerfed. You got it. That's why we are DPSing instead of healing now.

[edit] Actually, just unsubbed.
    Last edited by astrocanis; 08-13-2011 at 06:27 PM.

Or.... And stay with me here.

A) Stick with the healer in your group.
    B) Don't run off solo.
    C) Treat the healer with appreciation.
    D) Help the healer in combat by focusing on enemy healers and then melee combatants.

And maybe people will want to heal.
    127% of internet statistics are made up on the spot.

Never trust obscure quotes from famous people on the internet. -George Washington

Plane Walker

ya i stopped healing altogether.

Now i am play the fotm cab aoe dps machine that is actually less effective than it was before the changes.

We need to nerf mage dps also because hey, they are healers too!

I'd just quite playing my cleric and play something else.

Also I never hear anyone complain at that mage for not healing. Old stereotypes die hard though.

Everyone cried for healing nerfed. You got it. Guess what people don't want to play the nefed thing. So no more heals.

Think before you QQ next time.
    The daemonic are without number, and their legions span the galaxy. But faith does not tire. Should it take us an eternity, the Ordo malleus will find and exterminate them all. - Lord Hephaestos Grudd

Telaran

I tend to think that yelling "HEAL!11!!" or "healzplz" almost never does anything. If a cleric/chloro is going to heal then the graphical representation of health is usually more than enough and they are generally quite capable of determining whether you deserve a heal or not :P

Might want to get a self sufficient build just in case....

Soulwalker

What a stupid thing to say.

Didn't they just nerf Clerics twice? Jeez. L2P.

Love the heal nerf btw. Made the god-like Clerics use more skill then healing breath>self hot>sanction heretic> vex>run until enemy is dead.

I just un-retired my Cleric and I'm having a blast!
    Last edited by Raiga; 08-13-2011 at 07:58 PM.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Heck I did not even heal in WoW in battlegrounds. People are always rude to the healers so just ran shadow priest in them.

Sorry OP that idea is also horrid. Finally cleric is getting better and you want to roll all that back.
    Last edited by Romiz; 08-13-2011 at 08:51 PM.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

1) protect your healer

2) don't complain to the entire WF that the healer isn't R8

3) don't scream for heals, we KNOW you need them, we are running triage. Sometimes on ourselves. Can't heal you if we are dead.

4) I'd say learn to play a healer yourself, but the WFs don't need more players who don't know how
    Last edited by Goldenwing; 08-13-2011 at 08:58 PM.
    *My guild was looking (in Rift) for engaging, meaningful additional outdoor endgame that is inclusive, dynamic, community-oriented, scaling, and strategic -- Real outdoor, persistent-world challenges that require thought, strategy, and cooperation.*
    Outdoor RvE for both PvE & PvP

Plane Touched

As a cleric, when I'm in healer mode, I have damage mitigation but no crowd control effects. Well, a knockback on a 30 second cd. As a dps, I have a mass fear and a knockback.

I'm usually happy to heal when I'm in a warfront if there aren't enough healers, however the following tend to happen at times.

1 there simply isn't enough O. I remember helping the team in BG pull 300 points (still loss, but over 300 points from what looked like a 500 to 10 loss) simply by going offensive. If the O isn't doing it job (like killing the carrier, killing the enemy healers, etc) then O needs help.

2 an enemy warrior leads a charge, drawing everyone's attention and runs back. People chase the warrior trying to score the kill, leaving range of the healer, and leaving the healer unprotected as 4 people ride past the mob and simply focus fire the healer. Or a rogue comes when no one is close enough to help because they've all charged away from the focal point (the flag, midfield, whatever).

3 everyone backs up, leaving the healer standing in front. That's some fun. When this happens, I switch to my damager spec where I have a chance to kill them instead of just heal myself until there are too many of them.

4 single train zerg, uncaring of healer location. I've been on both sides of this. It's fun when the enemy keeps sacrificing themselves to you one at a time. It's not so fun when it's your team doing it.

Crowd control should be a given. Silences. Interrupts. Stuns. Fears. Disarms! If one team uses them liberally and the other doesn't, they'll win. Some people think big numbers win warfronts. I've seen so many times where one person from the losing side is super high on kills and/or damage done. And sometimes people with high numbers of times dead are very helpful simply by using their powers to temporarily change odds enough for the rest of the team to be effective. If you have a cc, use it to either counter an enemy healer, or to protect your healers.

Also important to notice: a lot of people with cleric pvp specs have enough points in justicar to do some leech healing (and self healing). Not as focused as a bard or chloromancer, but it still helps the people around them, especially against aoes.

OH! And none of this is an excuse to insult your teammates, call them bads, complain, or sit in the safe zone and just inch forward every time someone afk reports you. To the people that instead step up and lead to the best of their ability, kudos. You're going to have losses. Pugging, you will have more losses in general. The ones that take the responsibility of trying to share their strategy and coordinate have more of a chance of winning than people crying everyone else on their side is a bad yet still doing your own thing anyways (being a bad themselves).

The dps for me is no consideration in whether I heal in a WF or not, the trouble is as others have pointed out, if I am devoting all my energies to healing, then I cannot defend myself properly, I need people to keep an eye out, and so often this is not the case.

Now when I go in to warfronts and there are people that I know will protect the heal from past experience, well then I will happily heal.

if there isn't, I may chance it but a couple of times of no help when there quite clearly could have been and back to dps I will go.

Of course is someone was to ask nicely in a warfront I joined if I minded going healer, instead of the usual ordering of clerics to go healing then you never know you also might get more of a response from me.

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Using 51 justicar/15 Shaman in Honor with a 2h and it's pretty solid as a support spec. Can't kill many things by myself but it's pretty good for what it is. Swap out the 0 point for different souls and can tank/support in dungeons with it too.

Plane Touched

Nerf moronic posters and their threads. Maybe then they will start learning to play better and stop posting such idiocy.

I play a healer. A cleric healer at that. And honestly, it's a bit bittersweet. I love it, I wouldn't want to do anything else in a warfront, but people whined and lamented until my entire design for PvP was nerfed. Who wants to play a role that has been nerfed because of unappreciation and lower ranked babies complaining we are too powerful?

Very, very few people, that is who.

Also, OP, you seem to play a Rogue. Go Bard. Their heals weren't nerfed. Go bard or stop crying about a lack of heals.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast