+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: 1.4 Aromashodu Cleric Healing School

Shadowlander

Default 1.4 Aromashodu Cleric Healing School

Aromashodu's Cleric Healing School

33 Sentinel/28 Warden/5 Purifier

DISCLAIMER: If you use this build, all I ask is that you are respectful and leave credit where credit is due. This has been my healing creation since release and has evolved over the months. So don't just take it and brand it as your own. Thank you.

This is the predominant build, outside of Purifier variations, that I believe all healers should have in their setups and use if you are going to be doing any main tank healing/raid healing. This build offers the most versatility to the tank/raid. You are able to supply great HOTS and the highest burst healing to the tank while at the same time supply the best AOE support healing to the raid and able to keep your mana afloat. Additionally, you have an AOE cleanse and a Combat Resurrect.

NOTE: I realize that the majority of the community of this game, at least what I have encountered in this game since day 1, on multiple servers, are firm Purifier believers, which is fine. This build is in no way suppose to be used as the end all build in raids or to replace a Purifier build. However, this build is meant to be used in every raid, hand in hand with a Purifier build, whether that build is a 34/32 or 51 variation. Both builds are extremely helpful, yes the Purifier will not put out the HPS this build does, single target or AOE. BUT the Purifier has extremely helpful attributes with the shielding, which work fantastically in tandem with HOTS and fast burst healing.

Having said that, please post comments at your leisure, if you don't have something nice to say, then I would prefer you do not say it, and regardless of negative comments, I have worked with this build and designed it since release and it is has been massively tested and used to extreme success in ALL raid/dungeon environments in the game and put out the highest numbers of ANY build to date, even prior to the Chloro nerf, I was able to come very close and in some cases out HPS AOE Chloros.

Heavy Main Tank Damage Build - i.e., Matron Zamira/Soulrender Zilas

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...xcotc.xE0LouRo

Moderate Main Tank Damage Build - i.e., any other raid boss

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...xcozc.xE0LouRo

Point Allocation Description - this does not describe EVERY talent, but mainly the ones that most people tend to debate pointing points into outside of the necessary talents needed for the build to operate most effectively

Sentinel Tree

All the points that are spent are pretty much required points. The only variations you should use in my opinion are the 2 different builds listed above. The only change in them is move the 5 points from Lasting Invocation (which takes a % of your Healing Invocation and turns it into a HOT on your target), into Light Concentration (which reduces your total mana cost of all healing spells by 10%). The points in Light Concentration are very effective especially on fights that have heavy AOE, because it turns your 377->339 cost Healing Communion or 224->201 cost Healing Flood. Therefore, when you are spamming either of those you will see quite the difference in your mana pool over the course of the fight.

Warden Tree

As for the Warden Tree I have zero points in Still Waters (reduces Deluges cooldown timer by 4 seconds), or Rising Waters (increases the effectiveness of Deluge by 30%). This is because after very extensive testing Deluge requires you have have 6 HOTS on your target to get the maximum benefit from it, and in most fights you will never be able to have 6 HOTS on your target, at all times, because HOTS from other players do not contribute to the 6 HOTS, only your HOTS do. Additionally, even with 6 HOTS on your target, Deluge does not heal for enough to overcome the healing from Healing Invocation in Sentinel, especially with Lasting Invocation added to it. Furthermore, Deluge has a cooldown, where as Healing Invocation does not. Therefore, the points are better spent in another area.

Purifier Tree

The third tree I have tested with Purifier/Cabalist, since they are the only other 2 trees that have a Static bonus within the first 5 point talent. Purifier; however, is just strictly the best, regardless of what your stats are as far as Spell Power or Spell Crit. The Static talent in Purifier, Flame Seaker (gives you an additional 5% crit chance on all spells), is simply priceless. This is pretty much like giving yourself 150-200 Spell Critical. The Spell Power bonus from Stroke of Genius (5% Spell Power bonus), or the Wisdom bonus from Spirit Guidance (5% Wisdom bonus), just simply do not add enough benefit to outweigh the Crit bonus, especially since the whole build revolves around Serendipity, which activates on crits.

The other talents that could have points distributed in them are Enraptured Breath (distributes 60% of your Healing Breath to 2 other raid members), and Protect the Flock (places 5% damage reduction on every person your AOE heals hit for 6 seconds). However, out of testing in raids, the 3 points in Enraptured Breath do not equate to enough benefit vs having them in a skill like Embolden (increase ALL AOE heals radius by 3 meters), which I realize when you think about it, that might not be a lot, but if you really look at how much 3 meters is, that is half of a Circle of Oblivion, which is quite a large area. So if your Healing Communion hits 1 additional person per heal, that is 900-1800 average (for me) more, compared to Enraptured Breath which will heal 600-1620 average (for me) on 2 targets, but then is on 8 seconds cooldown, and in that time if 3 or more people are hit, you mine as well cast Healing Communion.

Everything else is pretty self explanatory for the most part as to why points are where they are. My rotation and situational skill usage is listed below.

Build Description

The PRIMARY concept around this build, that makes it so efficient, is the ability within the Sentinel Tree called Serendipity. This talent when ranked 3, allows you to receive a buff whenever any INITIAL heal crits, that reduces your next NON-instant cast heal by 1.5 seconds, this buff maintains for 1 minute, which is very nice. When I say initial I mean that the any ticks from HOTS, after the first tick, do not activate Serendipity. This ability is huge for the flow of the build, because it enables your Healing Invocation, your Healing Communion, to become very fast heals. Typically, you have the Serendipity buff a lot of the time just because of your normal HOTS on the tank, since you are constantly reapplying them. But if you get in a tight situation where you need to spam AOE heals, or you need to spam Healing Invocations a neat trick is to instantly cast Healing Flood (AOE HOT), which will 10/10 times, assuming you have decent spell crit, give you a buff of Serendipity and then your off to the races. Now for descriptions on skills and rotations/situations.

Heals Over Time

Soothing Stream x 4 - keep refreshed every 11 secs, it doesn't cost that much, so I generally just always click soothing every few seconds to ensure it stays refreshed.

Healing Spray- keep this refreshed every 11 secs as well, but not as important as Soothing Stream.

Macro - this macro allows you to keep your main target selected and then you can just spot heal people with Healing Spray, no problem by moving your mouse over their name in raid frames.

show Healing Spray
    cast @mouseover Healing Spray

Healing Current - when you have some down time as another hot, not necessary all the time. If you are switching between tanks constantly, and don't have time to apply 4 stacks of Soothing, this is a great filler.

Lasting Invocation - this is the hot that automatically applies from Healing Invocation.

Primary Burst Heals

Healing Invocation - this is your bread and butter for main tank healing. Under normal circumstances you should be casting Healing Invocation at all times to ensure your tank has the Lasting Invocation HOT. Even if the tank is at 100% hp, you should be casting Healing Invocation, there should be almost no time during the fight when you should not be casting some type of spell as a healer. The only time you do not need to be casting Healing Invocation is if the fight does not cause a lot of main tank damage, in that case you will be fine with just keeping some HOTS on him, and then you can dedicate more time to AOE healing.

Healing Breath - this you should be using as much as possible; HOWEVER, try to keep it available for spot healing. It is good to use in combination on your tank after a Healing Invocation, sure of course, but I believe you should try to keep it available to spot heal up Key members of the raid, (Primary/Support Healers), if they go down, the raid goes down.

Macro - this macro allows you to just mouseover anyone in raid frames to spot heal them with Healing Breath and also maintain your main target.

#show Healing Breath
    cast @mouseover Healing Breath

Orbs of Stream - this should be applied onto your tank whenever you know he is about to take massive damage. Don't just always apply this to your target, because you want to be able to have it when you need it. Before going into any battle, be sure to apply this to any main tanks/other raid members if you have time to, AFTER clicking Tidal Surge (increase your next heal by 80% at rank 5 talent, for my builds I only have rank 3 talent so it is 68%), the Tidal Surge will apply to ever Orb that explodes from Orbs of Stream.

AOE Heals

Healing Communion - this will be your primary AOE heal, use it as often as needed to support the raid support healers and as mana allows. Be sure to remember, Healing Communion casts a AOE heal ON YOUR TARGET, even though the graphic is around you, the actual radius of the heal is around your target. So be sure to use this macro below, in addition to the normal skill to change the areas you are healing very efficiently without having to target yourself to heal around you vs wherever your main target is.

Macro

#show Healing Communion
    target your name
    cast Healing Communion

Healing Flood - this is not particularly good for healing for the raid since its only 5 targets, but you should be using this as often as you need to to ensure you have a buff of serendipity whenever you need to cast a fast heal.

Divine Call - now this is your largest burst AOE, it does not heal as many people as Healing Communion, but it heals quite a lot more. I normally use this in combination with Tidal Surge, if it is not on cooldown.

Ripple - this is your second largest AOE heal, and there is a method that you need to apply Ripple as well. You only have 6 seconds from the time you cast Ripple to click every skill you need to click, so you need to be fast. But the order you need to click them to have the best total healing is this: 1. Ripple 2. Tidal Surge 3. Healing Spray 4. Soothing Stream x 3. This combination will give your Ripple the MAXIMUM amount of healing possible and yes it heals more by applying Tidal Surge to Healing Spray vs Soothing Stream, because Healing Spray is just simply a large total heal then 3 stacks of Soothing Stream and it heals over a shorter duration.

OH **** Combinations/Abilities

Touch of Light/Tidal Surge/Healing Invocation - This is if your Tank is getting ready to die and needs a huge heal. Touch of Light gives your next heal a instant cast then Tidal Surge increases it by 68% and Healing Invocation is the largest burst healing in the game with Lasting Invocation.

Macro - you don't have to have the icon as Healing Invocation, if its confusing you between your normal Healing Invocation, just make a different icon from the list and remove the first line of the macro.

#show Healing Invocation
    cast Touch of Light
    cast Tidal Surge
    cast Healing Invocation

Tidal Surge/Divine call - This is the exact same concept, minus Touch of Light since Divine Call is instant, as above only for the raid, granted this only applies to 5 people, but it is generally about a 4.5k-6.5k heal that goes to everyone which is a 100% heal most the time.

Healers Covenant - apply this onto the tank if he is tanking way to much damage from a healer dying, or someone missed an assignment or something went wrong, you generally don't need to apply this, but use it as needed.

Support Abilities

Well of Life - this is the out of combat resurrect for Warden, I use this one vs the Sentinel one because the icon is different then the in-combat resurrect.

Macro - this macro displays in raid who you are resurrecting, making it easier for others to not resurrect the same target.

#show Well of Life
    raid Casting Well of Life on %T
    cast Well of Life

Life's Return - this is your in-combat resurrect, it should be saved and NEVER used, until the raid leader instructs you to use it on a particular target. Certain raid members can die and no effect the raid, where as others are much more valuable in different situations.

Cleanse - this is your main dispell, it is instant cast and no cooldown, this will be used on anyone with debuffs at all times, have this slotted somewhere so you can easily click it repeatedly.

Macro - when multiple raid members get debuffs it can get very annoiying constantly swtitching targets for cleansing, so with this macro you won't have to.

#show Cleanse
    cast @mouseover Cleanse

Curative Waters - this is a handy cleanse from the Warden Tree that puts a cleanse buff on the target that maintains for 6 seconds and cleanses 2 debuffs every 3 seconds. So it's nice for stacking debuffs. I don't use a macro for this, since there aren't many bosses with stacking debuffs, but you can make one just like the one above if you wish.

Empowering Light - this is the whole reason all clerics should be high into sentinel, AOE dispell is one of the best abilities in the game for cleric healers. This should be use at all times when off cooldown if there is mass debuffs being applied to the raid.

Shield of the Ancestors - this I use from time to time, its a nice little 831 shield that lasts for 30 seconds, that can mitigate some AOE damage, or if you have a debuff that is causing damage, cost is low, so no reason not to give yourself some more hp.

Crushing Wave - this is an ability traditionally not used during raids, but it is very helpful in some situations if there is a ranged mob that the tank can get pulled in because of other mobs, or for w/e reason, you can simply go behind the mob and blast him toward the tank so that it is getting effected by the AOE damage.

Non-Healing Abilities and Potions

Cascade- this is the healers life source. Mana management is everything for a healer. This ability gives you 15% mana back, so you need to ensure that as soon as you get between to 85% you use Cascade so you are constantly giving yourself as much mana as possible. Since the cool down is 2 minutes, you must utilize it to its fullest.

Macro - Cascade is able to be cast on ANYONE with mana, so you want to make sure it goes on you and not someone else.

#show Cascade
    target your name
    cast Cascade

Heroic Mana Tonic - this is the healers second life source. Much more effective then the Mighty Mana Potion (2095 mana). This gives 629 every 3 seconds for 12 seconds which equals out to 2516 total mana. Especially since, you aren't going to be using anything that requires more then 629 mana right away, its much more efficient. More over, just like with Cascade you need to be using one of these Tonics as soon as you get to w/e % 2516 is out of your total mana pool, or whenever you have used about 2516 mana up, so that the cooldown can start refreshing on your mana Tonic. The idea is that when you have used enough mana to have to use a Heroic Mana Tonic then your Cascade is getting close to being off cooldown or is already off cooldown and you can use it again. So you can rotate back and fourth between using the Heroic Mana Tonic and Cascade.

Well I think that about covers the build as a whole, if anyone has any further questions about points spent in talents or rotations or abilities etc, please don't hesitate to contact me in game or on here. I hope this was informative and beneficial to anyone that doesn't have a firm grasp of my ideology of Cleric Healing. Enjoy!

Aromashodu - 50 Main Tank/Raid Cleric - HK, GSB, ROS, GP, DH
    The Convicted - Guild
    Bloodiron - Server
    Last edited by Aromashodu; 08-10-2011 at 03:42 AM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Aromashodu View Post
    NOTE: I realize that the majority of the community of this game, at least what I have encountered in this game since day 1, on multiple servers, are firm Purifier believers, which is fine. This build is in no way suppose to be used as the end all build in raids or to replace a Purifier build. However, this build is meant to be used in every raid, hand in hand with a Purifier build, whether that build is a 34/32 or 51 variation. Both builds are extremely helpful, yes the Purifier will not put out the HPS this build does, single target or AOE. BUT the Purifier has extremely helpful attributes with the shielding, which work fantastically in tandem with HOTS and fast burst healing.
    This part made me cry of happiness a bit. Will certainly be looking into this build and probably trying it out. I've always found Warden51 to have great synergy with purifier due to its fast healing, but this spec seems to fill that space even better. Will come back to you on it once I've tried it.

EDIT: quick scan made me notice the macro you use for Cascade. I do not reccomend using it like that, due to the popular joke of naming pets after guildies. I would reccomend this:
    cast @self cascade
    Last edited by Jinjah; 08-10-2011 at 03:45 AM.

Well I know our main healer has been using a similar build for months and was using it when you were in our guild. Maybe a little touch of shared inspiration?

Also, 34/32 is pretty good when you've stacked enough crit, no?
    Last edited by Forral; 08-10-2011 at 04:00 AM.

Sword of Telara

I've been using something very simillar to the "Heavy Main Tank Damage Build" since almost the time I became lvl 50 back in mid march, but no points at all in Purifier,

So this isn't really that new and writing stuff like that you want credits for it only makes you look silly. Most builds have been thought of and done since forever, the fact that you didn't see it didn't mean that it didn't exist...

And your macros are a bit lacking and weird, but guess that's just how you play your healer, I have quite different macros but each to his own.

Ascendant

Well since this is PvE, I wont get into a speach about mouseover macros, macros in general, and purifier

However it is generally a good spec that can be tweaked for optimal PvP performance by switching to 28 sentinel, 33 warden, 5 templar ....and ditching the macros except for cascade (@self)
    Irony - Pathiss

Shadowlander

As its stated at the top this is a raiding build, not for pvp, obviously you would use Templar for pvp. As far as what you said Halkyon, Feits and I had worked on a 34/32 or I think it was maybe actually a 35/31 variation, but not what I am currently using. And I never said that I was the first one to create a build as this, because yes there are lots of people using hybrid variations. No I am not reinventing the wheel at all, never said I was. But what I said still holds true, if you use it, don't act like you just developed it yourself. And no it is not silly, just common courtesy and the points in Purifier might not be a big chance, but does have a huge impact, and having the extra points in Warden are not beneficial enough with what abilities are constantly used and most effective in raids. As far as my macros go, they are very simple, and I have certain mouseover macros for specific reason. No I don't use them for everything, and there is good reason. You wouldn't want Soothing Stream on mouseover simply to cause no error in applying your stacks to a tank or keeping them refreshed. Where as Healing Spray can be tossed around with a sinlge gcd.

Once again, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all, there are enough trolls in Lord of the Rings Online.

Aromashodu
    Last edited by Aromashodu; 08-10-2011 at 05:02 AM.

this build is so unique!
    Hiphop - Cleric
    Nasa - Warrior
    of <Dominance>, Faemist

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Covenn View Post
    Well since this is PvE, I wont get into a speach about mouseover macros, macros in general, and purifier

However it is generally a good spec that can be tweaked for optimal PvP performance by switching to 28 sentinel, 33 warden, 5 templar ....and ditching the macros except for cascade (@self)
    Out of interest, what would the issue with mouseover macros be for PvP? I've started healing very recently, and am going to try this build out for PvE later on. Are you saying that you wouldn't want mouseover macros for PvP?

As to the OP, thanks for such a comprehensive guide. I'll be trying it out as soon as I can.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Bobopedic View Post
    this build is so unique!
    I don't think the OP caught your sarcasm...

Shadowlander

No I did, was just ignoring it, as I said, don't have time for trolls. And pretty fiendish, if you have any questions feel free to ask. As far as pvp, the mouseovers are strictly priceless, I use a mouseover for every heal almost, in pvp, very very helpful.
    Last edited by Aromashodu; 08-10-2011 at 05:39 AM.

I invented this build.

My Livestream
    Mercenary @Mind Trick

Wait, what?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Aromashodu View Post
    Aromashodu's Cleric Healing School

33 Sentinel/28 Warden/5 Purifier

DISCLAIMER: If you use this build, all I ask is that you are respectful and leave credit where credit is due. This has been my healing creation since release and has evolved over the months. So don't just take it and brand it as your own. Thank you.

OMG this is my build and you stole it! errr maybe not. You lost a lot of your credibility w/a statement like that. You can't even brand it as your own because you have no way to prove it. People have probably tested this well before you have in beta. And it's evolved, I'm sure this late in the game people have tried the final product well before you have.

But not a bad build though. I still prefer 34pur/32 sent for MT healing.

Soulwalker

I laughed. This build has nothing new and most healers hopefully already figured it out by themselves.

You could also mention that there are other (more efficient?) ways to spent the 33 points in the sentinel tree.
    Last edited by Hiphon; 08-10-2011 at 06:21 AM.

Rift Disciple

The first build is a very slight variation of what's in the Trion cleric video.

Nice guide to go with it though
    Last edited by kaco; 08-10-2011 at 10:39 AM.

As someone who deals with IP law (related to FOSS) on occasion, I chuckled a bit after reading your disclaimer.

Good luck enforcing your "ownership" of this build.

On Topic: I still prefer the 3x/3x ward/sent and pur/sent builds, myself.
    Last edited by Thulium; 08-10-2011 at 11:12 AM.
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast