+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Uncorrupted Ancient Life Wand

Sword of Telara

Did an achievementrun just now, chose IT since I had seen this thread and I wanted to try the thing out. Very quick test on Healing Dummy:

Spec: Warden51

Rotation: standard Warden single-target healing rotation. All spells are 2seconds cast or instant, meaning every 1,5-2 seconds a possible proc.

Observations: seems to proc every 6-10 seconds. Never less than 6, leading me to believe it is on the same 6sec cooldown many equipment-procs are on. Will take 8 seconds on average to gain a stack, 24 seconds average to get to 3 stacks. Doesn't often drop the stacks, though it's been refreshed quite a few times when the timer showed 0sec. This would give a pretty consistent 90 spellpower bonus, and at the bare minimum 30 spellpower, with an occasional heal not having this bonus (rarely occurs).

Verdict: Even though this wasn't a precise way of measuring, based on these observations I'm calling it:

This wand is OP as ****.
    Last edited by Jinjah; 08-07-2011 at 07:05 AM.

Banned

Just got this and did a lot of testing.

It's just like other procs on this game. Despite patches claiming to "normalize the proc rate" -- it ranges from absolutely never proccing even within 50 casts (not kidding) to proccing at a 70-80% rate over 20-30 casts.

Casting non-stop for several minutes with HI shows it rarely goes above 1 stack, and has about a 40-50% uptime. It hit 3x twice. 2x was rare as well.

Casting non-stop for several minutes with SS shows the same thing, except it appeared to have a lower downtime.

A few minutes later, with HI non-chained (2-3 seconds between each cast) it procced 7 times in a row, then stayed in 3x stacks for another 30-40 seconds.

Inconsistent at best, but it doesn't seem like a stable increase. It's also at a cost of ~135 HP, which can be significant.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by jMerliN View Post
    Just got this and did a lot of testing.

It's just like other procs on this game. Despite patches claiming to "normalize the proc rate" -- it ranges from absolutely never proccing even within 50 casts (not kidding) to proccing at a 70-80% rate over 20-30 casts.

Casting non-stop for several minutes with HI shows it rarely goes above 1 stack, and has about a 40-50% uptime. It hit 3x twice. 2x was rare as well.

Casting non-stop for several minutes with SS shows the same thing, except it appeared to have a lower downtime.

A few minutes later, with HI non-chained (2-3 seconds between each cast) it procced 7 times in a row, then stayed in 3x stacks for another 30-40 seconds.

Inconsistent at best, but it doesn't seem like a stable increase. It's also at a cost of ~135 HP, which can be significant.
    If focus can be gotten elsewhere to replace, this wand is pretty good for salvation/reparation based specs; you basically never drop below 3 stacks.

In any case, it was proccing all the time while raid healing with Ward/Sent so it feels like a raid healer's best friend.

And yes, proc rates are still "unfixed", which is rather unsurprising by now since many of Trion's "fixes" only get implemented many patches after they claim to have been in effect.
    Last edited by Vocalhealspam; 08-07-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by paspinall View Post
    well it could be a problem with loot tables, considering last i checked level 21 wands didnt generally drop from expert darkening deeps... but they did tonight.
    Nah, that wand's always been able to drop from xDD as far as I know. I've seen it before (even several months ago I think). There's just a small chance to drop that non-expert wand in xDD.

The wand from the OP though...wow, that's definitely a giant boost to anything w/ 'car (and probably some of the other healing specs) if you can lose the focus.

Rift Disciple

Solo q'd for xIT the past few days trying for the wand. Earlier today I ended up in a group with 4 fully raid-geared clerics.

This wand is killing t1 queues by itself =\

On the bright side I did finally get it last night. Proc rate isn't astronomical by any means, but it is still BiS.

Soulwalker

The wand got nerfed today with the new hotfix.
    They reduced the spellpower it gives by 50% so now it's only 15 spellpower per stack.

So what, the stats are still better then any other wand that I have seen drop in any of the Xs...still don't get why it drops in IT.
    Last edited by Sheilina; 08-12-2011 at 04:05 AM.
    Kandra, DawN's Level 50 Defiant Nurse in Chain (Blightweald)
    Master Runecrafter / Master Outfitter / Master Butcher

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Malelena View Post
    The wand got nerfed today with the new hotfix.
    They reduced the spellpower it gives by 50% so now it's only 15 spellpower per stack.
    Before it had straight spellpower on it also, now it has none. Only the proc has spellpower.

complete bs.

Plane Touched

They seemed to have increased the proc rate on the wand though to compensate. At least it seemed like it from a WF BG run since the update. I've been getting 3 stack rather easily from regular heals without having to force aoe hots for a proc, at least as often as I needed to before the patch.

Don't have any hard numbers though.

Rift Chaser

ST proc rate is still terrible, AoE proc rate is still imba. Never dropped stacks when I was on Inquisicar or Ward/Sent.

does this still drop from itx, or have they "fixed"(?) it?

Thank you. We're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.

Rift Disciple

I got it last night in a T1 group. So, yes, it looks like it still drops.

Shield of Telara

Lower stats but still drops.

Compared to Touch of Storms (xCC drop) it's +3 end, +16 crit, -7 SP, -25 focus not counting the proc. Three stacks from the proc makes it a 38 SP gain (counting the initial 7 SP loss) over Touch of Storms. So if you a) can handle the focus loss and b) have enough heals to keep even 1 stack up you're at a gain over the CC wand. Even without the proc it's better not counting the focus loss.

Compared to Verdant Combustion Wand (Johlen) it's same end, -13 crit, +1 SP, -30 focus not counting the proc. Counting the proc you're looking at a 46 SP gain. Without the proc it isn't raid level, but with the proc it's significantly better than a R1 wand. Of course you might need to bag it if you're a tank, dps (might not benefit from it anyways), or hybrid healer in order to meet the focus reqs for HK. Though it would be interesting to see just how much focus you could lose and still have this wand come out ahead of a dps wand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3