+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tank - Support Build?

Default Tank - Support Build?

What's a support build? Can Duracell one be considered as it? I mean, it off heals, has AoE heal instant

I fail to see a tank build for clerics? Where can I find one?

If I go support, I just need Wis and Focus, right?

Can someone help me with this, I'm having troubles finding help on builds, I get lost

Both support builds and tanking builds rely on utilizing the Justicar tree. Much like how rogue's riftstalker tree is split between PvP utility and tanking, our Justicar tree is split between off-healing and tanking.

We don't "support" in the rift definition of the term. What I mean is we don't buff or debuff in any way, unlike Bards or Archons (or, to some people, Warlords).

A cleric "support" isn't really "support", they're more damage dealers with high aoe healing capabilities (think Chloro)

Any support build, like Duracell or Inquisicar, needs atleast 11 points in Justicar to pick up reperation, doctrine of loyalty, and mien of honor.

Any tanking build should have atleast 38 into Justicar. If not 38, then 44 or 51.

For a support build, you should run Inquisicar or Druidicar for as much dps as possibly while still providing burst aoe healing on command. You will need focus to land your attacks.
    Last edited by Bobopedic; 08-04-2011 at 11:03 AM.
    Hiphop - Cleric
    Nasa - Warrior
    of <Dominance>, Faemist

Quote Originally Posted by Bobopedic View Post
    Both support builds and tanking builds rely on utilizing the Justicar tree. Much like how rogue's riftstalker tree is split between PvP utility and tanking, our Justicar tree is split between off-healing and tanking.

We don't "support" in the rift definition of the term. What I mean is we don't buff or debuff in any way, unlike Bards or Archons (or, to some people, Warlords).

A cleric "support" isn't really "support", they're more damage dealers with high aoe healing capabilities (think Chloro)

Any support build, like Duracell or Inquisicar, needs atleast 11 points in Justicar to pick up reperation, doctrine of loyalty, and mien of honor.

Any tanking build should have atleast 38 into Justicar. If not 38, then 44 or 51.

For a support build, you should run Inquisicar or Druidicar for as much dps as possibly while still providing burst aoe healing on command. You will need focus to land your attacks.

Thanks! That pretty much sum it all, I wasn't really sure about it. I guess we can't pick Support in LFG, I'll just do straight DPS.

Guess with the new Druid power, a combination of Druid/Justi is good idea, have to check threads about maxing DPS.

I got around 65 focus now, so I can do decent in T1, I'm fairly new as lvl 50 and mmo in general.

Thanks for your kind and informative answer again!

dbe
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Eliatron View Post
    Thanks! That pretty much sum it all, I wasn't really sure about it. I guess we can't pick Support in LFG, I'll just do straight DPS.
    You can. Have a tank build and a support build. Your tank build lets you click the button in LFG. Your support build would be mostly dps with some healing. It can be through justicar passive aoe healing or some kind of caster with leftover points in a heal tree.

This lets you fill a dps role as support but gives you some off-healing that the group may depend on (may, some never need it).

+ Reply to Thread