+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Purifier Shield Bonuses?

Shadowlander

Default Purifier Shield Bonuses?

Hey guys, I usually use a 32/34 Puri/Sent build but more recently Ive been looking into a 51/15 Puri/Sent.

I have the greater for purifier shields and over 1200 sp unbuffed. I was wondering how I can calculate how much my shields actually absorb and what the order and general equation is (root passive vs talents vs greater).

Could anyone offer any insight?
    Last edited by Aethic; 08-01-2011 at 11:12 PM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Aethic View Post
    Hey guys, I usually use a 32/34 Puri/Sent build but more recently Ive been looking into a 51/15 Puri/Sent.

I have the greater for purifier shields and over 1200 sp unbuffed. I was wondering how I can calculate how much my shields actually absorb and what the order and general equation is (root passive vs talents vs greater).

Could anyone offer any insight?
    Well, seeing as how you don't have the 36 root ability from purifier.

Shield # + Greater Essence # = total number

1+1=2

Spell power has no effects on shields until you have the 36 point ability from Purifier.
    A little reading comprehension goes a long way.

IXI

Quote Originally Posted by Aethic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malbojia View Post
    Well, seeing as how you don't have the 36 root ability from purifier.
    Read your sig.
    It's spelled "Riftdrawal", and yeah you have it.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by IXI View Post
    Read your sig.
    :O
    You got me!
    I was skimming and didn't read full sentences! Should have paid more attention! XD

Reading the root ability, it says 10% +7.5% per point above 36. So thats 7.5% x15 in a 51 build, resulting in 122.5% SP bonus to shields.
    What I don't know off the top of my head is if it takes that % from your total listed SP or the DPS conversion.

If its directly from the SP listing, that results in a bonus 1470 shield. Which doesn't sound right to me. I'll use the search function and look into it.
    Last edited by Malbojia; 08-01-2011 at 11:56 PM.

Shadowlander

Been doing some math. Apparantly the greater is added to the base before calculations:

(Base Shield + Greater Bonus + (.37 * SP) ) * 1.5 = Really close approximation of total shield value (doesnt apply for the 51 point ability or caregiver's blessing).

1.5 is from the 5/5 protection of the ancestors talent, and the .37 is the quantity of shield I found is given per 1 point spell power.

This is all with a 51 point purifier build mind you.
    Last edited by Aethic; 08-02-2011 at 12:08 AM.

Champion

After trudging through the search function I found this:

[(831+727)x1.5]+SPx.3675

Thread its from is here.
    They discussed this quite a bit in that thread.

Shadowlander

AHHH thank you. I was close but this is actually perfect. Plugged in my tests and this figured it out 100%.

Plane Touched

Thanks for this, I was wondering about the same thing.

I also have an additional related question and I'll post it here so I don't have to make a new thread:

Do shields from different sources stack? With that I mean the Greater proc shields and purifier shields. And how do they interact with the Icewall rune? (creates a shield that absorbs 15% of incoming damage up to 200 total)
    Last edited by Israfael; 08-02-2011 at 01:12 AM.

Shadowlander

Yeah I was up pretty late trying to figure out how big a shield could be, and figuring out what overwrites what is my next goal. But I think I'm going to wait until a raid to figure that one out (Unless someone again points me in the right direction). I'll post again if I find anything interesting while using a 51 point on Herald tonight.

My guess is that shields will absorb for the total amount and nothing gets overwritten, even if there are 3 shield spells on the target. It will probably eat through them one at a time or until one falls off. (At least thats what I hope anyway)

is a 51 puri the rift answer to wow's disc priest? shield heals, spot cast heals (havent played wow in a very long time so may have changed too)
    or does rift not have a shield healer?

Rift Master

Default Shields

Different shields do stack. For instance, the shield from ward stacks with the shield from restorative flame, if you have the talent for that. I've seen the greater essence shield stacking with my ward shield as well while healing. However, the same shield from different casters won't stack (can't have 2 essence shields, 2 wards, etc.).

+ Reply to Thread