+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric Justicar Crystal Idea.

Shadowlander

Default Cleric Justicar Crystal Idea.

(2) Cause your doctrine spells to increase your spell damage reduction by 7.5% for 3 seconds.

(4) Cause your doctrine spells to increase your spell damage reduction by 15% for 3 seconds.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by P0wnStar View Post
    (2) Cause your doctrine spells to increase your spell damage reduction by 7.5% for 3 seconds.

(4) Cause your doctrine spells to increase your spell damage reduction by 15% for 3 seconds.

How about not the same effect twice.
    Also, any magic resist bonus we get should be baked into the soul. Not something we have no access to until we get our end game items.

(2) Increases block chance of Precept of Refuge by 10% (cause whats the point of higher duration when we spam that button till it breaks?)

(4) Reduces the cooldown of Doctrine of Authority by # seconds (not to many things we can give a bonus to that are actually a bonus, so that's all i got. Still 100x better the Devout Deflection CD )
    Last edited by Malbojia; 07-30-2011 at 02:50 PM.
    A little reading comprehension goes a long way.

Champion

how bout you dont band-aid fix problems with core class mechanics with trinkets that like 1% of the player base can attain.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

RIFT Community Ambassador Radak's Avatar

Here are a couple of ideas, I don't care if they're good or situational and whether they're the 2 or 4 item bonus. These are just things to popped up.
    • Increases the amount of players healed by DoA by 3
    • Increases the healing from DoB by 100% while in MoL
    • Righteous mandate will always heal for the amount of Salvation even when the cleric isn't at full health
    • Gives your Strike of Judgment a 25% change to reset the cd of DoA
    • Censure increases your bloc chance by 5% for 10sec (more similair to the ones warriors have)
    • Everytime you overheal with Salvation you gain a shield absrorbing 200 damage (doesn't stack and isn't high but because you overheal regularly with salvation it should be up on 40-50% of the attacks you take)
    • Increases the Armor bonus of MoL by 20% (a bit bland but it works)
    • Your Even Justive hits an additional 2 targets
    • Increases the healing increase from Resplendent Embrace to 100%
    • Casting DoB causes you to deal life damage equal to 25% of the healed amount to all nearby enemy's (no limitation to amount of mobs but only a 5-7meter range and the damage will not proc Salvation and Reparation to prevent it from being OP)
    • Casting Reprieve resets the the cd of Just defense and applies it without triggering it's cd (so you get the heal and a 2180damage shield and Just Defense off cd)
    • Humility causes the enemy to take an additional 530 physical damage from each attacker on 1 attack every 3 seconds for 15seconds (so Spotter's order and doesn't stack with it)
    • Censure increases the damage of your next melee ability by 50% (multiple uses like more threat from Even Justice or a better DoA)
    • Precept of Refuge also increases your dodge and parry by 2% (again similair to what warrior tanks get)
    And now I am out of ideas.

Edit: I thought of one more
    • Increases the Healing from DoA to 400% of the damage done
    Last edited by Radak; 07-30-2011 at 05:26 PM.
    Cleric tanking: Justicar guide | Justicar spreadsheet and item list
    Defence is as much a part of war as offense, the shield as important a tool as the sword.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Radak View Post
    Here are a couple of ideas, I don't care if they're good or situational and whether they're the 2 or 4 item bonus. These are just things to popped up.
    • Increases the amount of players healed by DoA by 3
    • Increases the healing from DoB by 100% while in MoL
    • Righteous mandate will always heal for the amount of Salvation even when the cleric isn't at full health
    • Gives your Strike of Judgment a 25% change to reset the cd of DoA
    • Censure increases your bloc chance by 5% for 10sec (more similair to the ones warriors have)
    • Everytime you overheal with Salvation you gain a shield absrorbing 200 damage (doesn't stack and isn't high but because you overheal regularly with salvation it should be up on 40-50% of the attacks you take)
    • Increases the Armor bonus of MoL by 20% (a bit bland but it works)
    • Your Even Justive hits an additional 2 targets
    • Increases the healing increase from Resplendent Embrace to 100%
    • Casting DoB causes you to deal life damage equal to 25% of the healed amount to all nearby enemy's (no limitation to amount of mobs but only a 5-7meter range and the damage will not proc Salvation and Reparation to prevent it from being OP)
    • Casting Reprieve resets the the cd of Just defense and applies it without triggering it's cd (so you get the heal and a 2180damage shield and Just Defense off cd)
    • Humility causes the enemy to take an additional 530 physical damage from each attacker on 1 attack every 3 seconds for 15seconds (so Spotter's order and doesn't stack with it)
    • Censure increases the damage of your next melee ability by 50% (multiple uses like more threat from Even Justice or a better DoA)
    • Precept of Refuge also increases your dodge and parry by 2% (again similair to what warrior tanks get)
    And now I am out of ideas.
    I like the first and last suggestion a lot.

Champion

i like the censure ideas, i mean honestly i stopped using it, its not worth the gcd right now. kinda makes me think they should just be class changes though.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

guys...

guys.

guys.

guys listen.

I have the best idea ever

guys

let's increase the duration of salvation

guys

SALVATION

guys

let's increase the duration of salvation by 3 seconds
    Hiphop - Cleric
    Nasa - Warrior
    of <Dominance>, Faemist

RIFT Community Ambassador Radak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bobopedic View Post
    guys...

guys.

guys.

guys listen.

I have the best idea ever

guys

let's increase the duration of salvation

guys

SALVATION

guys

let's increase the duration of salvation by 3 seconds
    OMG why didn't I think of that it's brilliant
    The 2 item bonus is 3sec duration increase on Salvation and the 4 item bonus a 3sec duration increase on Reparation.
    Cleric tanking: Justicar guide | Justicar spreadsheet and item list
    Defence is as much a part of war as offense, the shield as important a tool as the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Radak View Post
    OMG why didn't I think of that it's brilliant
    The 2 item bonus is 3sec duration increase on Salvation and the 4 item bonus a 3sec duration increase on Reparation.
    no one can pass this up
    Hiphop - Cleric
    Nasa - Warrior
    of <Dominance>, Faemist

Quick, someone tell Zinbik about this new crystal idea!

I would stay away from 51 point modifiers. Would be great to see bonuses that help with both support and tanking, like the following:

-Strike of Judgment has a 50% chance to increase the damage of your next justicar attack by 30%
    - Healing from Reparation increased by 5%
    - Increases the healing contribution from Mien of Honor by 10%, and Mien of Leaderships threat increase by 30%. (or other numbers)
    - 50% of the overhealing from your Righteous Mandate is stored for up to 10 seconds. When the ally takes damage, they are healed for the amount stored.
    - Causes your Strike of Judgment to hit one other enemy for 50% damage.
    - Casting a Doctrine reduces the damage you take by 5% while in MoL, and increases damage and healing done by 5% while in MoH.
    - All justicar damaging spells have a 5% chance to heal 5 party or raid members for 100% of the damage done, in addition to all other healing affects.

Sorry if something was already mentioned. Numbers can always be changed too.

I don't think doing anything to DoA would be a wise idea. For example, look at the Sentinel crystal - buffs to TTL and DC, which can be obtained fairly easily by either Wardens or Purifiers (or Senticars, I suppose?).

- An increase to block for PoR, rather than duration increase, might be one option (alternatively, what also was suggested to increase dodge and parry in addition).
    - Since it seems like they want to go the route of Just Defense, why not have it heal for the amount absorbed once the absorb is consumed?
    - Anything that would make DoB remotely appealing would be good, too. (I use it, but it's so situational I've considered dropping it entirely, since I generally prefer to use DoL for numerous reasons.)
    - Reduce the cooldown on Rebuke and/or Righteous Imperative by x seconds (I'd like this baseline, but hey, whatever).
    - Healing done through Righteous Mandate causes you to gain a shield for the amount healed.
    - Precept of Refuge has a chance to hit up to three other enemies within 7 yards of the target.
    - Doctrine of Righteousness also heals the cleric for x% of the amount healed.

I'd considered a suggestion about making BoR a multi-taunt, but ... that would be bad in several circumstances. Just some passing thoughts.

+ Reply to Thread