+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cookie Cutter Cleric DPS and Vex Weaving

Rift Disciple

Default Cookie Cutter Cleric DPS and Vex Weaving

Hey all,

So I just set up ACT and wanted to test it out. Seems like it's working great, but then I decided to see if weaving in vex would net any dps increases. I have some t3 and t2 gear, and this is what I posted:

On Boss Test Dummy:

With Vex Weaving: 1065 (over 5 min 48 seconds)
    Without Vex Weaving: 1072 (over 4 min 56 seconds)

I know the nature of cookie cutter means that crits can play a large role and that usually most people try to parse for 10 min. However, I'm not seeing any benefit to weaving vex into my rotation.

Anyone disagree?

Quote Originally Posted by Eskatol View Post
    Hey all,

So I just set up ACT and wanted to test it out. Seems like it's working great, but then I decided to see if weaving in vex would net any dps increases. I have some t3 and t2 gear, and this is what I posted:

On Boss Test Dummy:

I know the nature of cookie cutter means that crits can play a large role and that usually most people try to parse for 10 min. However, I'm not seeing any benefit to weaving vex into my rotation.

Anyone disagree?

What build(s) are you referring to? In some builds, its used to pull mobs (2,3,4,etc) then start aoeing. Not necessarily used for damage but a way to lifedrain as you pull and start your aoe.

Side note. I'll put vex at the end of my melee macro (after my other insta cast ranged spells) so it only goes off if I need something .
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

Rift Disciple

I'm referring to 31 druid/24 sham/11 inq. I have it at the end of my single target macro as well, it is better than nothing if the boss manages to get out of melee range. My question is, is it worth it to stop my "rotation" (see spamming single target macro) to re-apply it every 15 seconds?

You can try this macro, I find it works very well but I forget who originally posted it :x It will rotate your cooldowns as such that vex will replace crushing / fervent without getting overwritten. Test it out on a dummy and you'll see what I'm talking about. Only downside is that if you outrange the boss it sometimes gets a little offsync however I believe it will still do very similar or better than most other macros.

#show fervent strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Lightning Hammer
    cast Eruption of Life
    cast Bombard
    cast combined effort
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Vex
    cast Jolt
    petattack
    petcast Enraged Assault
    petcast Satyr Sweep
    petcast Fury of the Fae
    cast Fated Blow
    cast Glory of the Chosen
    afk tera.

Quote Originally Posted by rantology View Post

#show fervent strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Lightning Hammer
    cast Eruption of Life
    cast Bombard
    cast combined effort
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Vex
    cast Jolt
    petattack
    petcast Enraged Assault
    petcast Satyr Sweep
    petcast Fury of the Fae
    cast Fated Blow
    cast Glory of the Chosen

more like:

Single Target:

jolt
    glory of the chosen
    fated blow
    sanction heretic
    lightning hammer
    massive blow
    sovereignty
    bolt of radiance
    strike of judgment
    vex

edit - add in pet commands after jolt/gotc/fated blow
    Last edited by Calibrex; 07-28-2011 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibrex View Post
    more like:

Single Target:

jolt
    glory of the chosen
    fated blow
    sanction heretic
    lightning hammer
    massive blow
    sovereignty
    bolt of radiance
    strike of judgment
    vex

edit - add in pet commands after jolt/gotc/fated blow
    That macro is for a justicar shaman hybrid build. Did you mean to post a different one? The OP specified that they were looking for cookie cutter macros (this is the 31/24/11 druid/shaman/inquis build).
    afk tera.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Eskatol View Post
    Hey all,

On Boss Test Dummy:

Anyone disagree?
    you comparing a 6 min parse to a 5 min parse..or do you not use any cooldowns parsing for it to matter?

Anyways I weave vex over fervent when I can, more dmg for me personally on average
    Gilg - 50 Guardian Cleric on Briarcliff
    Maximation
    We're recruiting active, competent raiders who enjoy being competitive while having fun!

Rift Master

Default Vex

Vex should be put after fervent strike in a macro, to be used when, due to mechanics, you are facing away from the enemy or if at range and bombard is on cooldown. Unlike every other attack, it does not require LOS. This is very useful for Infiltrator Johlen especially.

But in an ideal rotation, vex isn't going to increase your dps in the cookie cutter.

That macro is for a justicar shaman hybrid build. Did you mean to post a different one? The OP specified that they were looking for cookie cutter macros (this is the 31/24/11 druid/shaman/inquis build).
    well excuse me. How is everyone suppose to magically know. And my macro is for the half magic, half melee pet only healer.

But you do want your insta nonglobal cooldowns at the start. then your pet commands.
    Last edited by Calibrex; 07-29-2011 at 03:50 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Calibrex View Post
    well excuse me. How is everyone suppose to magically know.
    Title: Cookie Cutter DPS and Vex Weaving

Plane Touched

You can try this macro, I find it works very well but I forget who originally posted it :x It will rotate your cooldowns as such that vex will replace crushing / fervent without getting overwritten. Test it out on a dummy and you'll see what I'm talking about. Only downside is that if you outrange the boss it sometimes gets a little offsync however I believe it will still do very similar or better than most other macros.

#show fervent strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Lightning Hammer
    cast Eruption of Life
    cast Bombard
    cast combined effort
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Vex
    cast Jolt
    petattack
    petcast Enraged Assault
    petcast Satyr Sweep
    petcast Fury of the Fae
    cast Fated Blow
    cast Glory of the Chosen
    Vex is instant cast no refresh other than GCD. Nothing after that in your macro will ever fire off.
    Rallick - HE Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Rallock View Post
    Vex is instant cast no refresh other than GCD. Nothing after that in your macro will ever fire off.
    From the way I understand it, if you spam that macro faster than your GCD is up, the macro will reach Vex, realize that it can't fire Vex because of GCD, and start looking past the GCD for something is can use.
    Eshlon@Greybriar

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Arynite View Post
    From the way I understand it, if you spam that macro faster than your GCD is up, the macro will reach Vex, realize that it can't fire Vex because of GCD, and start looking past the GCD for something is can use.
    Correct. I'd still put my off GCD stuff at the top to assure that if I trigger multiple (say Jolt and Fated Blow are both up), I get both of them to go before anything else if the GCD refreshes. That's just me though.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Tastum View Post
    Correct. I'd still put my off GCD stuff at the top to assure that if I trigger multiple (say Jolt and Fated Blow are both up), I get both of them to go before anything else if the GCD refreshes. That's just me though.
    Thanks. I realized that after I posted but totally agree with the above poster. You'd definitely want a better chance at firing off a Jolt first than a Vex if both are available.
    Rallick - HE Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Alarox View Post
    Title: Cookie Cutter DPS and Vex Weaving
    could you post the tree please

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast