+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fresh 50 Healing Spec

Soulwalker

Default Fresh 50 Healing Spec

I was wondering What a good healing spec was for a fresh 50. I was thinking about using this http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...bbstco.xEbxo.V or this http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...00c..ExoEctzVzis there a better spec that is is considered the go to spec for 5 mans? Thanks for any input.

There is a reason why we have 5 role slots available, use them. I run with
    Duracell for dailies and farming
    32 Purifier/ 34 Sentinel Single target heals
    17 Templar / 32 Warden / 17 Sentinel for PvP
    32 Warden / 34 Sentinel for hot based more group friendly heals
    Justicar spec I cant recall for tanking when needed.

To be honest, in a PvE setting anything + Sentinel is great. While I dont find the heals in Sentinel that great minus the Healing Breath and Healing Invocation, the utilities are what makes that tree worthwhile. Purifier creates powerful shields that can make bad tanks slightly less bad and completely manageable, but if the fight has a lot of moving around as the only heal worth while is Restorative Flame, a 3 second cast. Warden allows you to heal the group way better, but if the boss has a lot of spike damage then this is not the spec for you.

Each spec is better in different scenarios, so run both and switch when required. That is the best way of doing things and I do this still into t2 content.

Soulwalker

If you are new 50 cleric healer, spec to Puricent:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...0zqz.E0E00stco

Rememeber to put Surging Flames on tank. Faceroll Healing Invocation. Trust me, this is the easiest healer build ever.

Rift Disciple

34 Puri/32 Sent or 34 Sent/32 Puri is standard, though if you're just learning the ropes on healing, the CDs can be a bit overwhelming.

51 Puri or 51 Sent is not a bad spec for a fresh 50. Just request a support during boss fights with significant AoE, and concentrate on keeping the tank up. I find that people are more forgiving of a healer when it's the DPS that are dying, and are generally willing to run a support. Consequently, the most important part of fresh 50 healing, in my opinion, is having the ability to keep the tank up. Once you can do that comfortably, you can then branch out to trickier builds that grant you group healing.

I wouldn't run anything Warden related until you have some experience and gear under your belt, as anything dependent on keeping Soothing Streamx4 up is tricky with poor gear.
    Last edited by Etadanik; 07-25-2011 at 11:58 PM.

I've been using this 33/33/0 Puri/Sent/Temp myself. Been doing T1's with little problem. The Break Free from Templar is invaluable in certain boss fights.

HI is used only as an "Oh Snap!" macro with Touch the Light and Flashover. My spamming spell is Righteous Flame. Between RF and Surging Flames, I don't have to AE heal all that often, so mana usually isn't an issue at all. I also have Healing Communion in an "Oh Snap!" macro as well. Between that and Divine Call, AE heals are usually just fine in the cases where they're necessary.

I use a Flashover + Latent Blaze macro for the tank and myself, so if something happens and either of us goes below 30%, the LB heal is a crit, and so far that's been a full heal in the rare cases it's happened.

On pulls I'll toss out my bubble then start spamming RF and that's usually all I have to do. On boss fights I'll add in Searing Transfusion for the temporary HP boost to the tank as well. On fights with movement, usually between the bubble and Healing Breath it's enough to keep the tank going while I'm moving, then I can fill in with RF or even Healing Flame with its faster cast if I don't have much time before needing to move again.

So far, this spec's done really well for me.

dbe
    General of Telara

51 pur
    pur/sent
    51 ward
    pur/ward

I've tried them all and they all have their strengths.

What have you used while leveling? The basics of healing a group don't suddenly change at 50. Sometimes whatever you're already comfortable with is best. Try new specs on things like invasions which are easy to heal until you get the hang of new spells.

Another things to help is, take all your single target heals (and shields) and use the healing dummy (or yourself) to see how much each heals for, and the cost, and the cast time, and get a feel for what spells you think are most useful. I'm currently 34 pur 32 sent (I think - some version of 32/32 +2) and I more often use the 2 sec sentinal heal than the 3 sec pur heal, just because it offers more flexibility, even though the HPM and HPS are technically not as good as the 3 sec heal.

Another thing to remember, see who your support person is, and if you're having issues on something, see if they can help out with healing.

Soulwalker

Thanks for all the builds, I was using the Sent heavy build i linked to heal when leveling but it started to seem like it was lackluster the further along I got, possibly because the content got harder and the pug tanks got worse. I use a warden heavy build for pvp which seems to be useful. Another issue was probably the lack of a support healer, really hate when people queue for support but don't run a support healing spec.
    Last edited by doublezero; 07-26-2011 at 09:28 PM.

Soulwalker

In expert dungeons healer usualy expected to tell support when support healing is needed. If support refuses to support it should be replaced. Also I monitor dps. If player queue as dps and does like 300-350 dps in T2, I link ACT parse to party chat and vote kick.

+ Reply to Thread