+ Reply to Thread

Thread: R.I.P. The Shaman/Cabalist

Plane Walker

Default R.I.P. The Shaman/Cabalist

Most people have never tried this combination or have never heard of it, but it is 51/10 Shaman/Cabalist. With this combo all you would have to do is use Vengeance of the Primal North with Tyranny, and you could do 15k+ in one hit against 7 enemies. This would last for about 25 seconds allowing you to use 3 bursts every 6 seconds.

From my own personal experience I've been able to kill mobs of elite level 50s and in PvP (mostly on the port scion bridge) mobs of enemy level 50s in 3 GCDs.

You can still try it now if you like but..

In 1.4 VotPN is becoming a 1 hour buff so really, if this build existed you could do so much incredible damage, that there would be no point in using anything else for AoE or PvP.

Instead, caba attacks (and possible inquisitor as well) no longer trigger Crag Hammer, VotWS, or VotPN come 1.4.

Rest in peace Caba/Sham, for you were truly awesome.

IXI

"all of the Cleric's melee attacks"

???
    It's spelled "Riftdrawal", and yeah you have it.

We can read, ty, but this is wrong on live servers. All the instant-cast aoe spells trigger these procs.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Halman View Post
    We can read, ty, but this is wrong on live servers. All the instant-cast aoe spells trigger these procs.
    Soul Drain does too. I use it for AoE tanking for giggles when I need the purge anyway. Crazy SHoE beams.

Rebuke, begin casting soul drain, smacks them in the face with all the hits, crazy lasers, afk.
    Last edited by Valanceer; 07-26-2011 at 12:58 AM.

Soulwalker

I'm trying this build right now, only drawback is that you have to be in melee range while casting tyranny for it to work :P.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Marzii View Post
    I'm trying this build right now, only drawback is that you have to be in melee range while casting tyranny for it to work :P.
    It is a bit of a hastle, but the sheer amount of damage you can put out is worth it.

Obliterate is also good for single target if you choose to PvP with this.

Try to sneak up on the bridge in Scion and go around the sides on BG. A good technique I've used is to wait for my enemies to group, pop VotPN and jump in with battle charge. Mixing templar in with your remaining 5 points will give you a good CC break in case you get stunned or silenced.
    Last edited by Alarox; 07-26-2011 at 01:37 AM.

Soulwalker

Ya this build is pretty absurd in scion/black garden it's a shame they're fixing it, this would have been amazing with the new 1 hour decay buff.

Plane Walker

Ya this build is pretty absurd in scion/black garden it's a shame they're fixing it, this would have been amazing with the new 1 hour decay buff.
    Even better would be with the new constant VotPN. It would basically be tyranny, tyranny, tyranny, tyranny, tyranny... Wait where did all my enemies go..

Aw, I was looking forward to trying 44//11/11 shaman/cab/just in 1.4. I wasn't expecting it to last very long before a heavy nerf, but it would have been pretty amusing.

Any idea if they fixed Rage of the North affecting spells in melee range? From what I understand, decay damage can crit in 1.4 too, so that could still be interesting. Obliterate, anyone?
    Eshlon@Greybriar

IXI

Quote Originally Posted by Halman View Post
    Which is why I couldn't get it to work then. Will have to try it again.
    It's spelled "Riftdrawal", and yeah you have it.

Plane Walker

On the normal servers RotN affects every spell you cast, but Ill test it out on PTS today.

Sword of Telara

Hope the changes to caba make me able to keep competing AoE-wise like it is now. Great fun to outdps almost everybody else on raidtrash with a supposedly gimped class. Deep cabalist with the secret ingredient: Shaman0.

+ Reply to Thread