+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Your COMPLETE healing BIS resource: spreadsheet customized to YOUR spec and stats.

Plane Touched

Default Your COMPLETE healing BIS resource: spreadsheet customized to YOUR spec and stats.

A ton of clerics have been asking lately: "Hey, there's all of this contradicting information available, and I don't know where to begin. How the heck should I itemize as a healer? What kind of gear do I need?"

The answers they get on this forum are varied, confusing, and highly debated. Do you use BIS list #1, authored by BowlerHat? #2, authored by Fluxions? #3, authored by Squarecirclehair? What about the limitless others? Is it the same regardless of your spec? What about what he/she/it said? Do you stack spellpower as Warden?Define HEP? What does it all mean?

If this sounds familiar, my spreadsheet is for you. It's customized for YOUR stats, YOUR needs, and YOUR spec (probably). It gets to the point: what items are upgrades? Now, it doesn't have every item, but it has a good spread of Tier-2 and raid-quality items.

Here's how you use it:

Step 1: Follow this link to spreadsheet (in .ods, openoffice format, also openable in Excel):
    Direct download (STRONGLY recommended)
    Google docs (viewing only)

Step 2: If you didn't download directly (strongly recommended), go to File > Download As on the google document and select your preferred file type (OpenOffice or Excel). Then download.

Step 3: Open the downloaded file in your preferred spreadsheet program

Step 4: Respec your cleric to 0/0/0

Step 5: Enter your 0/0/0 stats, your spec codes, and preferences in the blue boxes on the first page, also labeled as Sheet 1:"Stats" (see tabs at the bottom of the screen for sheets).
    Tip: Refer to the orange KEY for spec options/codes. The provided are linked to the ZAM soul builder for reference. Choose whichever spec most closely resembles yours.
    Note: for Overflow and Ancestral Flame effectiveness, you'll need to provide an estimate. I recommend 75% Overflow, and 90% Ancestral Flame. These estimates are reinforced by parse data.

Step 6: Observe your Spellpower: Crit rating (SP:CR) Ratio. This tells you how important spellpower is, per point, relative to crit. If the number is 3.5, then 1 point of spellpower will increase your healing 3.5x as much as 1 point of crit. This is just good to know.

Step 7: Open up Sheet 2: "BiS List" (See bottom of spreadsheet for sheet tabs). This really only displays properly when the file is downloaded directly using the above link, and then opened in OpenOffice, but you can still get the gist when saved through google docs.

Gear is organized into slot category (helm, legs, neck, etc.) and is ranked for both your provided warden and purifier specs. Warden is colored yellow, Puri is colored purple. The values of the listed items are AUTOMATICALLY re-calculated according to your personal stats and spec choices. For each gear slot, you want to find the highest-numbered item. That's your BEST item for that slot, given your current stats and spec. The higher the number, the better the item.

In the downloaded version, the best item is automatically highlighted orange. This isn't very important for people who are just starting raiding, because those items may be out of reach. But lots of T2 options are included in the list for people looking to raid.

Remember: as your gear, and therefore your stats, change, your SP:CR Ratio will change ever so slightly. So keep it updated with your 0/0/0 stats regularly for best accuracy.

If you have any questions or need another spec added in, just let me know. I'd be happy to assist!

Great work Fluxions, this is exactly what the healing cleric needs.

Flux, this is amazing! I am the cleric class leader for my guild, and I would love to post this on our forum, with your permission of course. Thanks for the time and effort put into this, it is perfect!

Soulwalker

Very nice work.
    Thanks for sharing. This is helping me a lot.

Rift Chaser

Default Question

Should we put the 0/0/0 stats into the calculator after taking off all of our gear? Or keep our current gear on and then put in the 0/0/0 stats? It seems that if I were to have a gear set on and put in my stats, the sheet will tell me which items are BiS. Then if I were to equip those items, my stats would change and the BiS would change to other items. Wouldn't that be an endless cycle of BiS gear set changes?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mato View Post
    Should we put the 0/0/0 stats into the calculator after taking off all of our gear? Or keep our current gear on and then put in the 0/0/0 stats? ?
    The 0/0/0 stats should be with your current gear.

An alternative option is, if you have one of the more common druid/sham/inq specs, none of your spellpower/wisdom stats should be modified (when unbuffed) so you can use those stats instead of respeccing 0/0/0 (to save the plat). Because my spreadsheet adds all of the 5% to SP, 5% to wisdom, etc, modifiers, putting in specced stats would just be redundant and make calculations based on stats you don't actually have.

Quote Originally Posted by Mato View Post
    It seems that if I were to have a gear set on and put in my stats, the sheet will tell me which items are BiS. Then if I were to equip those items, my stats would change and the BiS would change to other items. Wouldn't that be an endless cycle of BiS gear set changes
    You're absolutely right! That's just the reality of the game. However:
    > Most specs, as long as you're not itemizing completely wrong to start (as in, full crit for puri) will be consistent within a certain range. Over the course of 3-4 upgrades, a BiS item might change once or twice at most, and even then it would be a difference of 1-2 points. So yes, your list will constantly evolve, but not by much. It's not as though 10 SP is going to completely throw off your BiS.

UPDATE 7/5/11 8:03 AM PST:
    • Fixed some issues with Disciple of Flame not working with puri specs
    • Added God-King's Scepter and Verdant Combustion Wand

I'm a little confused on the preferences of the sheet for 51 Puri. I realize the importance of having some crit on your gear, but with the recent changes to Puri shields benefiting from SP shouldn't our focus be on straight SP gear? Even AF that procs from RF is based entirely on SP and gains nothing from crit. Does this sheet only account for heals and not our actual abilities / shields?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheNothingComes View Post
    I'm a little confused on the preferences of the sheet for 51 Puri. I realize the importance of having some crit on your gear, but with the recent changes to Puri shields benefiting from SP shouldn't our focus be on straight SP gear? Even AF that procs from RF is based entirely on SP and gains nothing from crit. Does this sheet only account for heals and not our actual abilities / shields?
    Wasn't there some recent upset about the shields not scaling nearly as well as the patch notes & tooltip would lead you to believe? To be sure, crit is less valuable for a purifier than it is for S and W heavy builds, but the itemization issues remain, you can stack maximum SP but as I recall it's a very minor increase in SP and a huge cost in SC.

This is pretty awesome Flux, and I'm glad to finally see my wand on that list . How about my chest now? It's good, no? lol. But no essences & greaters? Trinkets?

GREAT WORK

wonderful post.

Ive been running into all those same problems. Im so glad someone took the iniative to make to help the clerics out!

2 Questions however.

1) You dont have any builds based on other specs. I love semi-heavy sent, and i would love it if there were more info on this (39 + builds)

2) I noticed in the BiS list, you didnt have a couple of items on that list that i thought would go pretty high up there

~Belt of the Dark Immortal (http://rift.zam.com/en/item/EF83BADC...-Dark-Immortal) - From Plutonis

~Aleria's Lycanthropic Moccasins (http://rift.zam.com/en/item/8CCCF68A...opic-Moccasins) - From Oracle Aleria

Thanks for making this, after looking through the difference specs, it loos like sp is better then crit for all builds listed. Is this correct?

Rift Chaser

Default Thanks Flux!

This is perfect. I went through everything and double-checked my gear. To my surprise, there were one or two gear switches that brought my HPS up a bit!

And the best part is that you made it so easy to add items. Just make a new row, add the item name + stats, then drag down the formulas from the above selections. Tada! Constantly updated to new gear.

Now all you need are essences! But I could imagine that implementing this wouldn't be that difficult.

Now if you could only do this for DPS builds (51inq/11sentinel/4warden, the typical druid build, sent/sham/inquisicar, duracell, etc...)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by TheNothingComes View Post
    First: this spreadsheet does include Ancestral Flame shields and takes the Disciple of Flame talent into consideration for 51 Purifier specs.

As 51 Puri, your focus is indeed straight SP gear, and this spreadsheet confirms that. However, there are a few gear exceptions to this rule. These exceptions occur when you get a HUGE amount of crit at the expense of very little SP on one item versus another. Even if SP is WAY better than crit (>5x better!), if you're facing a tradeoff of 5 sp vs 50 crit...well, the crit will be better, just because you get so much more.

This happens all the time. You'll have two options:

25 SP
    25 Crit

vs

27 SP
    0 Crit

So you gain 2 SP with option 2...but you lose 25 crit. Not worthwhile...you should go with the crit item, even as Puri. These tradeoffs are what dictate the spreadsheet BiS calculations. Hope that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by jMerliN
    Wasn't there some recent upset about the shields not scaling nearly as well as the patch notes & tooltip would lead you to believe? To be sure, crit is less valuable for a purifier than it is for S and W heavy builds, but the itemization issues remain, you can stack maximum SP but as I recall it's a very minor increase in SP and a huge cost in SC.
    Well, AF scales much better with SP than it used to. You can approximate it as a 20% effectiveness buff in the current gear brackets. I didn't do any testing with wards, but I know sokanon has, and it nets a buff for raid-geared clerics, less so for those with the greater, but still a buff at sufficiently high gear levels (raid-buffed/raid-geared).

As you point out, when the tradeoff is too great, when you're gaining very little SP per point of crit lost, crit becomes more valuable. The BiS sheet does that thinking for you, though.

Because of 20% D/H on crits (and no additional 5% SP from Cab), 51/15 favors a few more Damon's items, but Diona's is still largely BiS. In contrast, 51/10/5 pretty much takes SP at the expense of all else.

I'll do essences soon...just that they all changed and my list was out of date/ i was lazy

Also still have not done any real testing on trinket procrates...bleh. Really difficult to test some of them (chance on cast) conclusively.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonclaw
    1) You dont have any builds based on other specs. I love semi-heavy sent, and i would love it if there were more info on this (39 + builds)

2) I noticed in the BiS list, you didnt have a couple of items on that list that i thought would go pretty high up there
    That's mainly because I've had a hard time figuring out exactly how HI scales with the 36-pt. I have the raw data but haven't been able to come up with anything that makes sense. There's a formula...but its ugly and doesn't fit the %-per-level description. Consider that a work in progress...

I'll add those items on sometime tonight or tomorrow. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi
    Thanks for making this, after looking through the difference specs, it loos like sp is better then crit for all builds listed. Is this correct?
    Short answer: Yes.
    Long answer: No.

Basically, yes, SP is better than crit, point for point, for almost every spec/stat combination. However, Trion is stingy with spellpower. If you compare spellpower-heavy items with crit-heavy items, you're probably going to get at least twice as much crit with the crit item, as you do spellpower with the spellpower item. So even if SP is better, you are typically getting less of it.

This is why items with Wis, Int, SP AND Crit are almost always best. Rather than going by a blanket statement ("SP is better"), follow the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxions View Post
    Short answer: Yes.
    Long answer: No.

Basically, yes, SP is better than crit, point for point, for almost every spec/stat combination. However, Trion is stingy with spellpower. If you compare spellpower-heavy items with crit-heavy items, you're probably going to get at least twice as much crit with the crit item, as you do spellpower with the spellpower item. So even if SP is better, you are typically getting less of it.

This is why items with Wis, Int, SP AND Crit are almost always best. Rather than going by a blanket statement ("SP is better"), follow the list.
    Makes sense, is there any way/plans to add new specs as well? I typically use 51 sentinel-11 inquis-4 purifier and 51 sentinel-10 inquis-5 cabalist. I'm pretty sure crit>sp for the first build, but am interested in finding out about the 2nd.
    Last edited by Mayi; 07-05-2011 at 01:43 PM.

yeah was a bit bummed to not see a 51 point Sent build
    HK 11/11 ID 2/9
    Elsie- Cleric of Vindicated Guardian/Deepstrike server

Plane Touched

Well, I for one hate 51 sentinel, that's why it isn't present :P

But there appears to be enough interest. I'll work on getting a few 51 Sent builds functional either today or tomorrow. I've done a lot of the legwork in another spreadsheet so it shouldn't be too hard.

And no...currently no plans on doing a DPS spreadsheet, at least not melee :/
    I am strongly considering an inquisicar component, though, from which inquisitor would be easy to extrapolate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast