+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Calling Raiding Inquisitors!

RIFT Guide Writer

Default Calling Raiding Inquisitors!

Originally was going to make this part of my thread but its gotten so large now its become harder to do (though I will edit my guide once I've received enough information).

The quandry:

So far 51/11/4 (or 51/10/5 for you lazy people) has managed top DPS <50% crit raid buffed.

46/10/10 inq/sent/cab overtakes it at 50%.

I've been doing a lot of testing on 46/10/10 inq/sent/sham and more focus on crit, since I'm actually now 55% crit raid buffed (iirc). I managed on average 1200 DPS on Herald, Plutonus, Oracle, (things without much movement) using the 46/10/10 inq/sent cab, however I switched to the x/x/10 sham to test it further and managed 1300 easily on Plutonus (yes this is factoring out shocking cipher...) and I ended up having to move more than necessary.

What I need is someone who plays inquisitor well enough to do some testing for me, it requires you to be over 60% crit in a raiding environment (i know some of you have that!!!). I would be very interested to know if 46/10/10 inq/sent/cab or inq/sent/sham plays out to be better DPS, essentially I'm hoping to find a breakpoint to crit, or at least redo my SP:SC ratio which would change our BiS and hopefully give me more complete data for a Hammerknell listing.

Feel free to post here or PM me any information, and please if you can provide screenshots of your logs (much more valuable than a simple claim). I appreciate everyones help in this matter!

How much crit do raid buffs add? I haven't checked lately what my stats are raid buffs.
    I'm sitting at 36.70% self buffed as 46/10/10 or 51/10/5.
    If i get more than enough crit from raid buffs I'd be happy to test it out on a few bosses.
    I'm only missing 2pcs of crit gear (Chest and Helm), the rest is full raid gear w/Relic 2h Hammer.

Also you might want to post both specs just to make sure everyone is using the same one, you might get some random point placements if you don't specify.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSorrow View Post
    So just because this doesn't work like every other game it's bad?
    Adapt, adopt and improve. If you can't do that, maybe it's something other than the game that's bad.
    Level 50 Cleric:Tuskon

i hit 1300 on duke with 45 inq /10 sent/10 cab with a relic mace using witchstone bug when it was still viable. unfortunatle i dont have the parse anymore sorry
    Lillithh < WeaKSauCe > Lvl 50 Dps Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Lillithh View Post
    i hit 1300 on duke with 45 inq /10 sent/10 cab with a relic mace using witchstone bug when it was still viable. unfortunatle i dont have the parse anymore sorry
    Pretty sure he's looking for parses not using any kind of Exploit/Bug. (whatever you wanna call it)
    Also Duke is a very AoE friendly fight and can easily pad numbers. Probably better off on Pluto, Oracle or Warmaster

I can't seem to get an archon + bard for testing to see how much crit % raid buffs give you. Anyone out there know?
    Last edited by Tuskon; 07-02-2011 at 03:12 PM.
    Adapt, adopt and improve. If you can't do that, maybe it's something other than the game that's bad.

Plane Touched

you know crit caps at 50% right?
    Bouse - Dayblind - Defiant - Cleric

Plane Touched

in sokanons raid inqui thread u wll find the answer.

as far as i remeber as an inqui u only need 21% crit chance on paper. rest is added through buffs/debuffs to reach 50%

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by EmoxiHaX View Post
    you know crit caps at 50% right?
    Currently there is no "cap" on crit to my knowledge, hence spending time trying to find the breakpoint (where it drops off dramatically). If you have any proof that the cap is indeed 50%, I'd like to see it.

@ Tuskon

Raid buffs are worth approximately 20% crit, therefore leaving you to attain 20% on the character sheet (5% from AoA, and 5% from Inner Focus gives u 30% if you have 20% on sheet), raid buffs add another 20% giving you 50%.

As for the specs, if you check my guide I make a clear note of them there, thanks for your help (potentially!).

@Lillith

I've also hit 1300 with Inq/Sent/Cab with fights that have a little AoE, as Tuskon pointed out I'm looking for fights that can't be fudged with AoE like Plutonus, Warmaster, Oracle (to some extent). I'm EASILY hitting 1300 single-target using shaman for extra crit bonus whereas with cab I have to try a lot harder and it's not quite as forgiving on movement.
    Last edited by Sokanon; 07-02-2011 at 07:48 PM.

Well not as far into progression as you, but can tell you what I have observed so far. I run 2 builds, Inq 46/10 sent/10 shaman and my support build, 45 Inq/11 Just/10 sent, what I have noticed is buy not having that third 20% crit damage I loose about 300 damage on my crits. I am geared in all cloth and I don't change gear for either build.

Do we really gain 30% crit rating from buffs?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Spyrit View Post
    Well not as far into progression as you, but can tell you what I have observed so far. I run 2 builds, Inq 46/10 sent/10 shaman and my support build, 45 Inq/11 Just/10 sent, what I have noticed is buy not having that third 20% crit damage I loose about 300 damage on my crits. I am geared in all cloth and I don't change gear for either build.

Do we really gain 30% crit rating from buffs?

Roughly 20% he said earlier. 30%+ is what you want to shoot for if you want to hit the 50% in raid.

Affinity - Dayblind
    50 Cleric - Ciru
    50 Rogue - Voraz
    50 Warrior - Guerrera
    50 Mage - Jasyere

well i didnt do any aoe simply wanted a benchmark test for my inq specc so stayed on boss the entire time. as for bug its just where u get the witchstone on a hammer same as with the rune bugs that evryone where so fond of.
    Lillithh < WeaKSauCe > Lvl 50 Dps Cleric

RIFT Guide Writer

I use a 1hander and have never used a Witchstone to parse (even back when it was good). All of my numbers are directly related to my spec, rotation, gearing, and raid buffs.

We get 10% crit from Inner Focus (talent), and Armor of Awakening

~20% from raid buffs/debuffs

Leaving ~20-21% to gain from gear.

So i finally got an Archon and a Bard for a few mins just to see my stats.

Went from 36.7% SC to 51.44% SC. I know that the Rogue poison adds another 5%, i can't remember anything else that adds any more.

I'll most definitely be testing this on a few bosses this next raid week just to see whats up.\

Also i checked the inquis Guide that Sokanon has in his signature and the x/x/10sham build is funky, it doesn't have L&D Concord in it. Might be due to some updates or something but yea, updated spec posted here would be nice.
    Last edited by Tuskon; 07-03-2011 at 06:12 PM.

it doesn't have L&DC because it just spams BoD instead of using BoJ to proc BoD, so if you happened to have SH proc the instant BOD it would lower your DPS apparently.

RIFT Guide Writer

Yes, the 46pt builds favor BoD rotation, therefore using L&DC in your spec would lower DPS should it proc from SH, forcing you to use AR/HD and possibly BoJ (which would potentially proc another L&DC), lowering your DPS.

Rotation:

Fanaticism + BoD
    Sanction Heretic
    Vex
    BoD spam til refresh DoTs

Only using Fanaticism with BoD.

5% from Bard, Rogue, Mage (15%), another 5% from buffs (Fanfare of Knowledge + Heroic Flask + Motif)

+ Reply to Thread