+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one that think the offensive clerics need a look at.

Default Am I the only one that think the offensive clerics need a look at.

and what i mean by that i think that they should be more offensive, less cool downs or at least their highest point abilities worth getting. (with of course less healing, at least to themselves)

p.s am not a cleric
    My Guide on how to use a controller to play Rift. Here
    <Banished>

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodless View Post
    and what i mean by that i think that they should be more offensive, less cool downs or at least their highest point abilities worth getting. (with of course less healing, at least to themselves)

p.s am not a cleric
    Both our caster trees do decently. I actually found I was more effective with them than with the ZOMG OVERPOWERED warden healer builds, at least in 1.2.

But yeah, the melee DPS trees are just . . . a bad idea. No place whatsoever in PvP.
    Last edited by Stay; 06-27-2011 at 04:43 AM.

Rift Master

Default dps

Yeah, its been mentioned lots of times. But Zinbik only responds to posts about bugs, so we have no idea if Trion intends to look at dps to bring other builds up to par with the 31/24/11.

Er yeah, I meant PvP. In PvE it is reversed; the caster builds are bad. Actually the clear-best build is a stupid one-button tribrid (the above mentioned 31/24/11) that just cherry-picks abilities from 3 trees and puts them all in a macro. Because there's not enough synergy in the trees themselves to justify deep-anything builds.

Rift Master

Cleric DPS trees need a look at definatley

aww the Devs moved the thread, at least now i know they looked at it, i had posted in the general class section area because i was not a cleric
    My Guide on how to use a controller to play Rift. Here
    <Banished>

Yeah they definitely need a look. Ranged can do good aoe but is very lackluster at single target. Melee can do decent aoe and single target but they're not on par with other classes. It also sucks that only one specific build is useable if you want good dps. The melee is also very crit dependent. If I get lucky on crits I can get 700-800 dps single target but if I get screwed on RNG I can dip into the 500s (I expect this will lessen as I get better dps gear, I have geared for healing and tanking first so my dps gear is still somewhat lacking).

When judging a class you have to look at the whole picture, and not nitpick certain builds. If you want to say Melee Clerics don't do as well in PvP as ranged clerics, sure, I'll agree with that, but considering they do shine in both aoe, ranged and healing(in a number of a different builds,) why would designers waste time on the class. We are already the closest thing to the perfect class in the game as is.

Sunspots the Retired
    Once R8 Guardian Cleric of Seastone
    Proud Alumni of [breaking bads]

Observe my Past Glory in Video Format here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunspots View Post
    but considering they do shine in both aoe, ranged and healing(in a number of a different builds,) why would designers waste time on the class. We are already the closest thing to the perfect class in the game as is.
    Thats the problem though, ya on paper we can "DO IT ALL!!!" but considering we can only chose ONE role at a time, and we are mediocre at best in any of them, it turns out to be ********.

You'd have a point if we had 100+ talent points to spend...

Clerics need some PvE love, to bad for us, the PvP hate is preventing that.
    Last edited by Oblixt; 06-27-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Telaran

As far as dps or burst is concerned I don't think we need to be anything more than our mediocre selves that we are right now, although the melee-souls are a tad useless when wf:s are in question. Though I've never had any trouble with them on world pvp with the random guardian coming to my sights. But the point in my post is that to ensure our somewhat superior healing power and survivability we need to sacrifice the equivelant in dmg. What would the game be if we could just go kill anyone we want, the next round keep everyone up to our liking and in the last round survive any attack that would come on us? We can still be a pain in the opposing forces backside whilst still healing other and be a bigger pain and survive most what they have to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Oblixt View Post
    Thats the problem though, ya on paper we can "DO IT ALL!!!" but considering we can only chose ONE role at a time, and we are mediocre at best in any of them, it turns out to be ********.

You'd have a point if we had 100+ talent points to spend...

Clerics need some PvE love, to bad for us, the PvP hate is preventing that.

Why do you insist we are mediocre at all of them?? If you are a mediocre player, you will be a mediocre cleric, but guess what, it wont change no matter how they change the class. I know amazing cleric tanks, amazing cleric aoe healers, amazing cleric tank healers, amazing cleric dps both ranged and melee. If you can't figure out how to be good with *the* most flexible class in game, why bother playing.

Sunspots the Retired
    Once R8 Guardian Cleric of Seastone
    Proud Alumni of [breaking bads]

Observe my Past Glory in Video Format here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunspots View Post
    Why do you insist we are mediocre at all of them?? If you are a mediocre player, you will be a mediocre cleric, but guess what, it wont change no matter how they change the class. I know amazing cleric tanks, amazing cleric aoe healers, amazing cleric tank healers, amazing cleric dps both ranged and melee. If you can't figure out how to be good with *the* most flexible class in game, why bother playing.

Being good with what you are given is different then the point of this thread.

We are the worse tanks.

We are the worse melee dps.

We are the worse Ranged DPS.

We ARE damn fine healers, but so are Chloro's who also DPS on top of it.

Yes there are "amazing" people in each role, but that is still aside from the point of this thread. Thanks for your belittling comments though, makes you look big.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Oblixt View Post
    Being good with what you are given is different then the point of this thread.

We are the worse tanks.

We are the worse melee dps.

We are the worse Ranged DPS.

We ARE damn fine healers, but so are Chloro's who also DPS on top of it.

Yes there are "amazing" people in each role, but that is still aside from the point of this thread. Thanks for your belittling comments though, makes you look big.
    We're not the worst tanks by any means when it comes to pvp, nor are we the worst rdps and chlorohealers won't do the job of keeping people up like we do, they just contribute in the overall factor which for some odd reason everyone is looking at the end of warfronts. It's not much of a use when you heal a bit here and there if there are multiple key players getting their fair share of what the opposite team has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by TatersMcreel View Post
    We're not the worst tanks by any means when it comes to pvp, nor are we the worst rdps and chlorohealers won't do the job of keeping people up like we do, they just contribute in the overall factor which for some odd reason everyone is looking at the end of warfronts. It's not much of a use when you heal a bit here and there if there are multiple key players getting their fair share of what the opposite team has to offer.
    That's all fine and dandy but I mentioned PvE specifically. I would never complain about our performance in PvP. That would be silly

I have said it time and time again ... Trion has always said since before beta that this game is going to be balanced around PVE. Quit whining about PVP brokeness. But yes the cleric dps is kinda of cookie cutter and there isnt much other high dps other then 1 spec.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast