+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP as a Purifier post 1.3

Default PvP as a Purifier post 1.3

Anyone else trying this?

I'm currently 51 Purifier / 12 Temp / 3 sent

I did this due to the spell power changes, and the change to the 36 point "Root" ability.

What i have found, is our bubbles seem to be very effective (i'm only wearing rank 1/2 gear at the moment)

not only do they seem to be effective, but they are allowing me time to get our big heal off, which wasn't the case the last time I tried heavy purifier pre 1.3.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Any better Purifier combo's that are more effective?

The only "downside" is it looks like we are "bad" healers, as our shields do not report to the warfront score card, but someone tonight said "holy cow, those bubbles saved my *** you kicked ***"

Which made me feel pretty good lol
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

i may be out of practice but I am a purifier at heart and didnt like the numbers i got.

i am shallow... i actually dont care if people live or die when its my turn to heal anymore since most are undergeared scrubs who come out to pvp without a pvp soul and without valor.

so Untill the masses get their act right I cant use purifier in pvp. I used 44 puri and 20 temp all this week. I had a LOL moment when I droped a 2k heal on the flag holder and since nobody else was around him creeping remedy healed him AGAIN for 1k. so 3000 points of healing and a 900 shield is pretty wins.
    and as usual someone looked at the scoeboard and said OMG YOU SUCK YOU ONLY HAVE 21k healing!!! my bard can get 5 times that.

so yeah... im jus going to spam ae hots as a warden sent and watch people die and not even try purifier anymore.

Well with regards to the time to get your big heals off, I am not sure the sort of DPS people see against people, but if you are being hit by someone then to get the heal off before the shields runs out they would need to do no more than about 540dps against you, else you lose the shield and run the risk of an interrupt to the skill setting you back etc etc.

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Soulwalker

I've been running a 51 Pur/15 Templar/0 Sent build since 1.3 came out. It's mainly a mobile healing build, I do very little "cast time" heals, but when I'm standing still I do healing flames and the AOE heal that I got from Templar tree. Now, granted, I'm only a rank 2 atm, but I like where this build is going.

Plane Touched

As tempting as it is to roll my Purifier build into WF's and start dominating with my shields, I don't want to lose out on my mobility and self heals (Since Purifiers only get one shield for themselves (With a 30 second CD compared to the 15 second debuff other people get) and cannot use at least one of their blessings on themselves)

Pre-level 40 I loved my Purifier in PvP, but after I don't think that even with the new stronger shields I'd be able to do much healing once someone noticed me. Especiallly when considering the amount of burst I've been kicking out on my Warrior since the patch (750 DPS, with 1k crits almost every GCD. Enough damage to melt through other healers) I don't think that the shields will hold up that well to any real damage classes focusing on them, not to mention one of the main reasons I died as my Purifier post 40, Eradicate.

But yeah, shields can kick some serious butt (Shield someone at 10% health or less (When people seem to let off on their high damage attacks because they're on CD and they're expecting the person to die) and then do a nice big crit Restorative Flame to get them back up to 50-60% health and then continue to get them fully healed before the shield wears off)
    Last edited by Taril; 06-27-2011 at 08:25 AM.
    Sonora - 50 Rogue - 8 Bladedancer/51 Riftstalker/7 Ranger - All round tank build.
    Teralia - 50 Warrior - 22 Reaver/24 Warlord/20 Paladin - A fun to play AoE threat build.
    Karis - 46 Mage - 24 Chloromancer/27 Pyromancer/10 Warlock - A high burst support heal PvP/Solo build.
    Tarille - 50 Cleric - 5 Templar/27 Warden/34 Sentinel - A powerful AoE healing PvP build.

I've been trying 2 different specs for PvP.

1) 33 Sentinel / 20 Temp / 13 Warden

2) 33 Sentinel / 5 Temp / 28 Warden

Both have their upsides.

First off #1 is an amazing AoE healer, with some quick casts, plus procs from Serendipity make it fabulous. But it lacks a bit in the single target sustained healing department, by noticable amount which is why now, I am trying #2.

I figured the damage reduction and small heals out of Temp may not be enough to decide to stick with, so now I am trying a mix of Warden in with it.

From what I've done so far, I'm loving it.

Get some hots on someone taking damage, Healing breath > Dulge with Serendipity proc is amazing sustained and burst healing, plus Healing invocation is single handedly the best AoE heal in the game, but it's rather expensive.

And as amazing as Shared Recovery is, I could not ever spec out of it.

Both have their upsides, 20 temp gives people 6% reduced damage from heals cast, as well as some healing from a little off the top, and reactive shields when people are CCed.

Also Healing Momentum is very nice cheap AoE heal just as strong as Invocation. I use Empowerment from 20 temp to fuel it as an insta cast crit on the whole raid. Sucks to lose both though specing into Warden.

I don't know though, I've tried Purifier builds and they are lackluster in raw healing power, and I cannot lose healing breath out of sent as well as the extra 10% mana out of Warden, so I am at the very least, stuck on Sent/Warden/Temp of some combination.

Rift Chaser

I tried to really like the Purifier, but I found a lack of AOE healing a huge downside in PVP. With a Sentinel/Warden spec, in the time it takes you to shield and heal one person, I've probably done the same healing to 5-10 people.

Quote Originally Posted by ironzerg View Post
    I tried to really like the Purifier, but I found a lack of AOE healing a huge downside in PVP. With a Sentinel/Warden spec, in the time it takes you to shield and heal one person, I've probably done the same healing to 5-10 people.
    ^This

You are gimping yourself if you aren't Sent/Temp and something else.

I'm actually doing a Sent/Justi build atm and loving spamming Doctrines.

Rift Disciple

Yeah they need to add some aoe shields, that would help.

I was 32 into puri in 1.2. It's useless post 1.3. Damage shields dont really do anything. It's a horrible tree build around one trick that doesn't work any more.

Rift Chaser

Yep, now that the shields don't allow you to cap flags and pick up objectives while taking damage, the Purifier tree loses a lot of PVP functionality.

I'm a rank 6 cleric and when I heal in pvp I do it as a 45pt Purifier. I don't think I'd recommend playing purifier before you have the purifier greater essence and rank 5 for mark of purification.

Instead of throwing heavy aoe heals around all the time, you lean very heavily on throwing out absorbs and flash heals. By the time your team reaches codex for example, you can easily have four people plus yourself shielded with a 2.5k+ shield. It's definitely a lot more of a triage spec, you have less raw throughput to throw at a single target but every time your shields are in play your effective healing is massive. Flash heals proccing cleanse is a huge gain to the spec functioning, a 500 hp heal that also strips off a 1k damage DoT is a big effect!

There's not really room for more than one purifier in a warfront though since a big amount of what makes you effective is shielding almost everyone. Give it a try against a pretty bad team though and laugh as they tab around, unable to break shields and getting deeply confused.

Big plus of purifier is you are less effected by healing debuffs than the other options. Big minus is you're also less durable (but less sensitive to range between you and the people you're healing).

If you're trying to use restorative flame a lot in pvp, stop before you hurt yourself. Macro healing breath and healing flare, then use that a whole lot. Your main emphasis is triaging people between absorbs and preventing damage not taking a nearly empty green bar and making it full again.

+ Reply to Thread