+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AOE grinding 37+ a mini guide Inq/Just/Sham

Default AOE grinding 37+ a mini guide Inq/Just/Sham

Over the last 10 levels I think I have changed my spec about 50 times looking for the most efficient AOE grinding build in the 40's on a PVP server. I have tried pretty much every combo I could think off and have settled on this build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...Vek0z.Euz00fcz at 42 basically just need to fill in the shaman tree which is mostly there to assist in 1v1 situations...
    also here is a video. A lot of times I see pre 50 videos in areas well below there level so here's one of me fighting 44-45 mobs at level 42. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQDSsGxA288 the second pull i did almost die because I accidentally hit aggressive renewal with too many mobs on me.. Usually I only pop it when 1 or two things are left.

I use 3 macros with this build( these are for level 42 at 50 id add the rest of the shaman reactives in there)

AOE
    #show Fanaticism
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fated Blow
    cast Fanaticism
    cast Soul Drain
    cast Even Justice

Single Target
    #show Excommunicate
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fated Blow
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Sovereignty
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Censure
    cast Excommunicate
    cast Lightning Hammer
    cast Strike of Judgment
    cast Bolt of Judgment

I also macro glacial shield and my bliss heal but you dont really need to do that
    The rest of the skills I use are on there own buttons. Make sure you have spiritual deficiency, trepidation, purge and impede handy. Few more levels ill have ageless ice combined with aggressive renewal is all the mana you will ever need. Honestly just aggressive renewal now is all I need so ageless will just be a bonus.

Fighting is pretty basic just vex 5 mobs or so cast glacial shield hit your aoe macro till you got maybe or two left then you single target macro till dead. Throw in aggressive renewal when needed and heal up with bliss.

Now for open world PVP at my level generally goes like this I lead of with spiritual def, purge, vex, single target macro. Now really depends on the class and the person im fighting.. some ill kite with impede and just make sure to keep vex and spirit def up. If possible I found sometimes dragging in a mob or two and casting fanatic and soul drain can work well. If im in a bind ill pop trepid and heal back back then aggressive renewal as they come back.
    So far this has worked out well only lost once and it was because he jumped me while i had 5 mobs on me and he was level 46. Don't forget to use purge it can make a pretty big impact on a fight!

I know a lot of people are trying to duracell build and while high shaman is nice and its what I use for my single target role I find the 45 second fanatic + soul drain works out better than a 90 sec rage of the north. Also since you get this with only 26 in inq it opens up more points you can put into the other trees. Also the much higher damage/healing I get with vex helps a ton. I find it a lot easier to manage my health with this build then the high shaman builds due to higher vex healing combined with justicar healing and having devout deflection at 3/3. Then of course there's the great AOE fear from inq giving you the oh crap button you don't have with some of the other builds.

At 50 you will have up to jolt in shaman giving some pretty decent single target skills to throw out there making this build even better for PVP servers.

Anyone find something better Id love to hear it and I couldn't think of a good name for the build so yea...
    Last edited by sanosuke; 06-26-2011 at 05:37 PM.

added another video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0vQhJZGm8E
    this is a great spot for low 40's entrance to shimmersand.. anyway as you can see only issue im having at this level is single target which after i get more into shaman should solve that and lack second mana regen which I will be getting in a few levels

wow so completely forgot i already had purpose! lol i was showing a friend how good aggressive renewal was after they buffed it up a little and completely forgot to put purpose back on my skill bar! well next video ill remember to use it!

+ Reply to Thread