+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Relic Greenscale Staff: Diona's Soothing Wellspring - Ability is pointless?

Soulwalker

Default Relic Greenscale Staff: Diona's Soothing Wellspring - Ability is pointless?

Diona's Soothing Wellspring

I have got this item recently and have been playing with it on healing dummies.

I like the staff, the stats are also nice and should be for the work involved and cost of getting it, but my problem is the ability you get from using the staff.

The ability is:

Use: Increases the healing of your next cast by 500 - Cooldown 2 minutes
    At first I thought this was good, but then you realise that when on a 20man raid 500 extra heal every 2 minutes is pritty pointless.

I would like to see this items 500 changed to something like 300 and made in to a proc with a once per 20 sec cooldown.

P.S. The Epic Saga chain has a better looking weapon. Please change this items graphics to something cool, either an auto glow (no application required) or have moving parts. This staff looks so basic. Fasion > Utility
    - Krissy - 50 Cleric - <Castle> - Blightweald

Plane Touched

you clearly haven't seen how ugly the alsbeth staff is

50 Cleric <Fires of Heaven>
    Recruitment - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf6DGgZnjWw
    0 valor PvP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv5JtuQuqXA
    Rift PvE - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulPTfNf_k40
    Site for everything rift! www.riftjunkies.com

Plane Walker

Yes the on use is absolutely terrible. May as well go for the Aspgodels Beacon instead.

Soulwalker

The use on the staff isn't absolutely terrible, it has some situational usefulness. I macro it with Tidal Surge and use it with Healing Showers on things like Greenscale and Uruluuk when everyone is stacked in the bubble, works out nicely. The use isn't a gamebreaking ability but its not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Apodrcoe View Post
    The use on the staff isn't absolutely terrible, it has some situational usefulness. I macro it with Tidal Surge and use it with Healing Showers on things like Greenscale and Uruluuk when everyone is stacked in the bubble, works out nicely. The use isn't a gamebreaking ability but its not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

It is though, especially with HoTs. It breaks that 500 heal into like 40 parts making the additional healing like 30 HP on each tick.

The only thing I can see it working nicely with is MT tanking and then it is very situational. My RF hits for 7k on a tank, I hardly ever actually see amy heal with a 5xxx in it. When I do I almost **** myself because something is wrong. It just adds 500 to the end of a heal, not the base heal. And as a MT healer you are over healing a lot anyway, so you have an on use that over heals for 500.

Or you can just add it in to ToL/Flashover Macro for an absolute oh **** button. But still I get over healing usually when I pop that.
    Candy

Rift Disciple

I have to agree, I am a little dissapointed with this also. It feels like one of the weaker "legendary" items going around. It needs a buff to the proc, as already stated 500hp on a 2min cooldown is sorta of uselss.

In the end it is supposed to be an item a tier above the rest so should have some sort of advantage.

Oh and it looks sorta of plain also :P
    Last edited by Kyus; 06-26-2011 at 04:19 PM.

It's odd, it'll add that 500 to every skill, even AoE. So communion is doing an extra 500 per target. Unless they changed it.

Plane Touched

lol think about Fist of Nysyr.

a 1hander dps weapon with focus...most useless item ever, since there is NO way u may want to use a 1h when u DPS...only viable cleric dps is melee with using a 2 hander. i do more dmg with my t2 epic than with my t3 legendary...

51 Warden,

Ripple, SSx3, Tidal Surge + use the staff + SS

3k (crit) HoT ticks (because a 4 stack gets 500x4).

Quote Originally Posted by Healix View Post
    51 Warden,

Ripple, SSx3, Tidal Surge + use the staff + SS

3k (crit) HoT ticks (because a 4 stack gets 500x4).
    What about DoL? But that would be pretty sweet for warden.
    50 Cleric - Silkweb Defiant - <1.21 Gigawatts>

Quote Originally Posted by Amorascus View Post
    Same as Healing Communion. It makes all 10 heals do 500 more.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorascus View Post
    The on-use is nice for nasty AOE heal situations, and there are creative ways to make it work well with Warden.
    Cleric Tank -Guardian- Sunrest
    <Esti Efiu>

+ Reply to Thread