+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does Reparation, Salvation need more + to stats??

Telaran

Question Does Reparation, Salvation need more + to stats??

Ok, so low post count boy is asking about stuff, HOLD on!!!
    For those that don't know:
    --Reparation Gives Raid/party +25% Justicar damage abilities heals from damage and +10% other abilities healing from damage
    --Salvation gives Cleric a 40% chance to heal himself, from Justicar damage abilities, +10% and other damage abilities +5% heals.
    --Mien of Honor gives a 50% increase to Salvation and Reparation.

So that would be 37.5% & 15% From Reparation and 15% & 7.5% from Salvation, which is still a 40% chance to heal on damage.

My issue is this.....Does melee healing need to be slightly buffed to make it more viable but not OP compared to being a Warden or sent? This way those who like melee can heal without being a loss to the team/raid, right??
    I know from my own experience, that melee heals in WF's is very low. I have seen some able to be in top 5 of healing due to this. IDK if this is due to gear or pocket healers but it seems that melee heals get the short end of the stick and PvP heals need to be a healing role thus i have to shelve melee roles outside of PvE stuff.

I can deal with it, BUT..... IS THIS how it should be or should there be some adjustments made? I know that Melee Clerics suffer from Stuns, disarms, fears, Knock-backs, Slows and heal debuffs and even now mana drains like any other caster-Healer yet we do less healing especially with phys damage reductions. Yes, i know that we have Doctrines of Loyalty to use also but i dont seek to have Mien of Honor increased, just the Reparation and Salvation %'s increased. this way only the Damage-to-Heals is affected and Hybrid builds that dont go into Justicar very highly can still off-heal, to a point, using their Shaman/druid type specs.

Am i wrong? Am i to wishful? Did Trion consider this ever?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sithterror View Post
    So that would be 37.5% & 15% From Reparation and 15% & 7.5% from Salvation, which is still a 40% chance to heal on damage.
    u can skill it to get 100% chance.

and no, those skills already are pretty powerfull (if they work as intended again...)

You're not on the level of those healers and you wont be. The doctrines are situationally very strong and that's where most of your healing comes from.

Soulwalker

Although I agree with the people who have already posted, the Inquisitor and Shaman based hybrids that use Justicar are very useful, I'd love to see a high level passive that significantly boosts Salvation (ie self) healing but not Reparation.

I'm not sure if it would be as an extra 44 or 51 point ability or maybe as a 36 passive, but something that would only be useful for Justicar tanks but would provide an alternative way of making them competitive with top end Warrior/Rogue tanks without resorting to just upping their base mitigation to the same levels.

Maybe as an extra constraint make it linked to Mein of Leadership and Justicar only abilities so there aren't too many abusive Mein of Honour builds, but something of the flavour of a 36 passive that gives 10% self healing to Salvation +7.5% per level over 36.

Would give something of the order of 147.5% damage to self healing only with Justicar abilities which based around a dps of approximately 150 wouldn't be horrendously high but could be an interesting way to make up for the ~20% mitigation gap to rogues and warriors.
    Last edited by Hatec; 06-26-2011 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatec View Post
    Although I agree with the people who have already posted, the Inquisitor and Shaman based hybrids that use Justicar are very useful, I'd love to see a high level passive that significantly boosts Salvation (ie self) healing but not Reparation.

I'm not sure if it would be as an extra 44 or 51 point ability or maybe as a 36 passive, but something that would only be useful for Justicar tanks but would provide an alternative way of making them competitive with top end Warrior/Rogue tanks without resorting to just upping their base mitigation to the same levels.

Maybe as an extra constraint make it linked to Mein of Leadership and Justicar only abilities so there aren't too many abusive Mein of Honour builds, but something of the flavour of a 36 passive that gives 10% self healing to Salvation +7.5% per level over 36.

Would give something of the order of 147.5% damage to self healing only with Justicar abilities which based around a dps of approximately 150 wouldn't be horrendously high but could be an interesting way to make up for the ~20% mitigation gap to rogues and warriors.
    Only problem with that is that if you overgear for example a t1 by enough you can essentially solo tank and heal it with a 2hander (for increased dmg + parry/dodge).
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

+ Reply to Thread