+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1.3 Cleric Tanking Macros

Soulwalker

Default 1.3 Cleric Tanking Macros

I just got enough tanking gear to tank T2s, and I figured I would try to start on T1. It pretty much failed. I couldn't seem to get our new ranged aggro pull seemed to start a fight, but only have the mobs run right past me to attack the group. A few other problems, but mostly I just was having enough problems remember what buttons to press on a regular basis, much less remembing what special tricks I have for special situations.

I wanted to know if anyone actually had some 1.3 tanking macro's advice. My build is 51/9/6 Just/Sham/Inq. Any advice or macro's would really be appreciated. Thanks

Now I don't know how everyone does their macros, these are the ones I'm using. My build is a little different too so you'll have to change it up to suit yours but it'll give you a good basis.

My build is 44/22/0 Just/Sham/Sent

Single Target Melee:
    #show Precept of Refuge
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Glory of the Chosen
    cast Fated Blow
    cast Jolt
    cast Precept of Refuge
    cast Strike of Judgment

AoE:
    #show Even Justice
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Precept of Refuge
    cast Purpose
    cast Even Justice

Ranged Grab:
    #show Bolt of Radiance
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Sovereignty

Self-Heal:
    #show Glacial Shield
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Glacial Shield (If you have it)
    cast @self Healing Breath
    cast Doctrine of Bliss

These may not be the best, but they've worked for me
    Valentyne, Jadyn of <Dominion> Shadefallen

Quote Originally Posted by arturusfury View Post
    Now I don't know how everyone does their macros, these are the ones I'm using. My build is a little different too so you'll have to change it up to suit yours but it'll give you a good basis.

My build is 44/22/0 Just/Sham/Sent

Single Target Melee:
    #show Precept of Refuge
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Glory of the Chosen
    cast Fated Blow
    cast Jolt
    cast Precept of Refuge
    cast Strike of Judgment

AoE:
    #show Even Justice
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Precept of Refuge
    cast Purpose
    cast Even Justice

Ranged Grab:
    #show Bolt of Radiance
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Sovereignty

Self-Heal:
    #show Glacial Shield
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Glacial Shield (If you have it)
    cast @self Healing Breath
    cast Doctrine of Bliss

These may not be the best, but they've worked for me
    You should put the abilities that are off the GCD last, as they willthen not hold up normal casts.
    Don't put PoR or Purpose in the AoE macro, but do put the off GCD casts Jolt, Fated Blow and Glory of the Chosen at the end. Watch for the PoR buff to fall off (or be down to 1) before hitting your single target as part of your AoE macro.This gets an extra Even Justice into the rotation while keeping your Block buff up.
    Don't pull with BoR...save it for anything that escapes. I pull with Life's vengeance (Sentinel) or any other instant cast in 51 Justi Specs or Wand in your spec. I use Sovereignty if in a 44 spec without the stun.

I use a mouseover macro for taunting :-

#show Bolt of radiance
    cast @mouseover Bolt of Radiance

and bind it to my middle mouse button, but also have a keybind for it.

I put Sovereignty in my Single target macro after PoR. It does too much dps/threat not to use on CD.
    I have a self heal single target macro for Healing breath and DoBliss, and a seperate Keybind for DoL.

Never put Censure in the rotation...does too little threat. I cast it seperately in dps races if it's a tank and spank.

Good luck with it all and have as much fun as I have.
    Last edited by Knobby; 06-25-2011 at 10:44 AM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Radak's Avatar

Though I write a lot about justicars I unfortunately can't really help you with this as I don't use any macro's at all while tanking.

However you should follow this priority (with notes)

Sovereignty (hardest hitting attack in most builds but what out for possible waste of your stun)
    Bolt of Radiance (watch out as this is your taunt and can cause taunt DR and being unable to taunt)
    Precept of Refuge (Hits hard and gives you 20% block just watch out with refreshing early on AoE)
    Strike of Judgement (Simple your standard attack if no other ability are useable)
    Even Justice (Your best aoe attack so use it when appropriate)
    Censure (Your softest hitting attack but causes a 3%magic damage debuff that can be overwritten so use only when sure your threat is fine and no one will overwrite it )
    Cleric tanking: Justicar guide | Justicar spreadsheet and item list
    Defence is as much a part of war as offense, the shield as important a tool as the sword.

As far as I know rebuke does not generate threat so it's not a good thing to pull with as unless no one else does anything the mobs will aggro on someone else after the 3 seconds are up. Also it was broken and not working and later disabled.

Personally I put some points in cabalist and use one of the aoe spell to pull then I run towards them and try to time an even justice to hit whatever mobs are running to me. If there are ranged I'll keep running forward until I get to them and start spamming even justice and keep Precept of Refuge up. You can also los ranged or if someone can silence and the ranged are casters you can have them do that. Hopefully they fix rebuke soon so that won't be necessary. If you don't have aoe spells you can just run up and even justice, just tell your group you need a few seconds on pulls to get aggro.

I also use 6 in Cab for my dungeon spec, and the ranged AoE pull is priceless IMO for getting that initial threat on a pack. You can also charge up some Lurking Decays on the last mob, and have Obliterate up your sleeve as another PBAoE which can be particularly handy if the incoming mobs are a little spread out and it may be hard to hit them with your cleave.

You gain the 5% SP and Dark Harbour which helps to plug our weakness which - despite the new patch - is still magic resistance. It only buffs elemental resistance but with the exception of some bosses like Gregori in DSM most magic damage you'll take in T2s will be elemental anyway.

I used 6 in Inquis at one point, but I am now thoroughly in the 6 in Cab camp (unless you're going deeper into Inquis for purge of course)

If you're open to switching your build up a bit I'd give it a go and see how it works for you.

As Knobby said, never pull with your taunt - you'll want that off CD in case you need it.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Getafix; 06-25-2011 at 02:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread