+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is there a cleric soloing spec similar to a necrolock, lockmancer?

Default Is there a cleric soloing spec similar to a necrolock, lockmancer?

I know there's shaman/justicar type builds and that duracell build that seems amazing, but does anyone know of a build that would make a cleric have a single target dot type build with no downtime?

I see Vex but not sure if there are other abilities that can make a build close to a necrolock-ish playstyle. So far I'm aware of melee aoe, and caster single target, caster aoe builds, but nothing single target dot based or if it's even possible.

Any ideas or comments? Thanks!

I personally use 38 Inq / 16 just / 12 cab - I use it to solo but its my support build so you could probably make a few changes to the amount of points in justicar as you wont really need the righteaous mandate and the target heal that comes at 16 points. You basically gather everything up with vex which heals you, and then spam the aoe while the justicar buffs heal you through the damage - And i havent looked at the duracell build so i have no idea how what it is - Sorry if it's similar

Quote Originally Posted by Azguard View Post
    I know there's shaman/justicar type builds and that duracell build that seems amazing, but does anyone know of a build that would make a cleric have a single target dot type build with no downtime?

I see Vex but not sure if there are other abilities that can make a build close to a necrolock-ish playstyle. So far I'm aware of melee aoe, and caster single target, caster aoe builds, but nothing single target dot based or if it's even possible.

Any ideas or comments? Thanks!
    SH and Vex are both amazing dots. You can spec 16 into Cabalist and pick up another two dots (Dark water, 1.5s cast time, but not very good... but Curse of Solitude is pretty cool). If you spec deep inquisitor, your dots get a nice buff. Sentinel has another dot, but it kind of blows. Still, if you really are obsessed with dots, you could go 16cab/40inq/10sentinel and have 4 instant dots and 1 with a cast time :P

I don't exactly know what the necrolock playstyle is though, so...

personally I have a preference for justicar/inquisitor/warden, because you get some decent self/aoe healing out of justicar, and buffed instant damage sources from Warden as well as picking up a second knockback and a nice instant damage nuke.

Ranged anything with aggressive renewal from inquisitor should have no down time... so it really depends what exactly you want.
    Last edited by Ethias; 06-25-2011 at 05:53 PM.

Rift Disciple

If its the DoT part of the playstyle your after, clerics do get some DoTs, couple are even really nice, but would be long slow and boring trying to kill with just them, as for the down time...what down time? clerics have mana recovery abilities in all but 2 of their souls as for health recovery? your a cleric, its what you do.

Inquisitor AoE is easy enough.

With Vex healing 90% of the damage done, you can dot up everything you intend to kill, then Soul Drain and Circle of Oblivion. At 50, Vex alone is enough to keep me near full health while I AoE.

Having some other form of survival will help as well, maybe Sentinel for Healing Breath, or Purifier for Ward.

Soulwalker

mind posting the build?

Rift Disciple

Full survival, pull everything in range and aoe it down I use http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...Mo0g.Etoigt0qz

for higher dmg but lower survival I would use http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...Vuzo.Etoigt0qz

Plane Touched

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...Vuzo.Etoigt0qz

Both Vex and Sanction Heretic get 10% bonus from Warden, Justicar heals get 15% bonus from Warden. Use Sanction Heretic and Bolt of Judgement to generate Convictions. Every attack you do heals both you and your groupmates. You've got 1 AoE heal, 2 HoTs and 1 self heal. You can aid the group with a 7% damage increase and you can dispell buffs.

Plenty of survivability, plenty of healing and plenty of DPS.
    Last edited by Israfael; 06-26-2011 at 11:21 PM.

Soulwalker

israfael, did i read that build right, you mention warden, but warden isn't in the template?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Pagoda View Post
    israfael, did i read that build right, you mention warden, but warden isn't in the template?
    Sorry the above link is incorrect. This is the correct link:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...VuMo.EEobrtkqz

Soulwalker

I have been using an inquisitor/justicar based build for levelling too and I have a question about your build. Can I ask why you go to 12 points in Justicar given that Reparation doesn't heal the cleric and Purpose is a melee based ability?

I'd missed the combo with Warden though so I'll be changing from purifier as my third I think!

Plane Touched

Reparation is (very) useful in a group, but I agree it's not if you only solo, I use this build while soloing as well as grouping.

My decision had nothing to do with the root abilities (which I agree are not really useful).

Inquisitor dots blow warlock/necro dots out of the water by far, I have a 50 mage and cleric both and warlock dots in full epics do like half the dmg my inquisitor dots do with a fresh 50 wearing a bunch of questing blues and greens. The sentinel dot does more dmg than them too, it is actually quite high dps because it has a shorter duration, does alot more per tic. I think you'll be quite pleased if its a dot type build you want.

Soulwalker

i think i'm going to drop 2 of the points in warden so I can boost inq to 44, looks to work pretty well. I also would like to get a few points for justicar just to get the 30% block chance, figured that would help block some attacks.

Right now at 17 i have a bit of trouble. There was also some other skills i looked at which i don't use based on playstyle, like the snare ones. Been having a fun time working on this build, thank you for posting it. I do like to get in and melee more than most, so i'm wondering if maybe doing inq up to 20ish may work with more into justicar an dwarden or sent/puri so I can heal my son's warrior a bit more, i'm not sure i'll have enough healing with this spec. I did see why you go high in inq and that is because the higher you are the harder your spells hit, makes sense I'll get to try that out soon though when we play next.

+ Reply to Thread