+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fresh 50 healing T1 problem

Soulwalker

Default Fresh 50 healing T1 problem

Hi everyone, it seems like I have some difficulties to heal t1 and looking for some advices.
    Currently I'm using 33/33 Sent/Ward and rank 2 pvp gear. My healing rotation and strategy is

SS x 4 > healing spray > healing current > deluge/healing invocation > refresh SS

I precast healing current and healing invocation even the tank is in full health. However the tank always drop below 40% when I'm casting healing invocation. Sometimes they are dead before I finish the casting. In fact pre 50 in ap/cc I could only barely keep the tank up in some fight. Very often i need to use HC TTL and TS to keep them alive.

I think I'm doing something wrong?

I'm hoping for some AOE healing suggestion too. In boss fight, if i foresee the boss going to use aoe
    I usually precast healing flood > use divine call after aoe land to heal the immediate damage > healing breath the tank then ripple > SS x 4. Healing showers or healling communion if necessary.

is it better if i precast ripple> ss x 4 instead of healing flood?

thanks~

Quote Originally Posted by iamdoctor View Post
    Hi everyone, it seems like I have some difficulties to heal t1 and looking for some advices.
    Currently I'm using 33/33 Sent/Ward and rank 2 pvp gear. My healing rotation and strategy is

SS x 4 > healing spray > healing current > deluge/healing invocation > refresh SS

I precast healing current and healing invocation even the tank is in full health. However the tank always drop below 40% when I'm casting healing invocation. Sometimes they are dead before I finish the casting. In fact pre 50 in ap/cc I could only barely keep the tank up in some fight. Very often i need to use HC TTL and TS to keep them alive.

I'm hoping for some AOE healing suggestion too. In boss fight, if i foresee the boss going to use aoe
    I usually precast healing flood > use divine call after aoe land to heal the immediate damage > healing breath the tank then ripple > SS x 4. Healing showers or healling communion if necessary.

thanks~
    A: Try a 38/28 warden/sentinel build. It makes your hots slightly more powerful, but you still get all the goodies from sentinel.
    Rotation is good, but I would use deluge way more than HI, but only when you have all your hots up (including SSx4) on the tank.

B: As far as AoE healing goes, ripple and then SSx4 takes far too long to cast, and you may risk jeopardizing the tank as you prep. Start with healing flood, and then maybe a healing communion. Most times the boss's AoE damage is so far apart from event to event that healing flood will bring them up to full before the boss ticks it again.

C: If you still have trouble keeping the tank up, try a 51/15/0 Purifier/Warden/Sentinel OR Pur/Sent/Ward spec. Purifier tends to be abit more forgiving as far as tank healing goes.
    Acyna, 50 Cleric, Shatterbone

I really like 34 puri / 33 sent / 0 ward for most situations. It's strong in tank healing and still does a good amount of group healing with tank heal splashes. I use Restorative Flame as my main heal with Healing spray and Healing Breath/Flare as needed when moving. And of course keeping Surging flames and Latent blaze on the tank. You still have all the haste cool downs from sent, the damage reduction, and BR. Plus several from Puri.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...zzVz.E0Ebbczco

One note though, it's become harder to deal with mana in this build since the passive regen change. I went through over 20 pots last night clearing GSB & ROS with my guild. Before 1.3 I used 5 to 7 pots on raid nights.

*A bit off topic but still regarding cleric tank heals*
    PVE Cleric tank healers need some love. Mana regen (in puri / sent trees) and heal scaling needs to be fixed.... Our main tanks have 14K HPs raid buffed and my heals are still hitting for 2.4k normal and 4-5k crit with a 3 second heal feels a bit like trying to fill a pitcher with water one teaspoon at a time...

Whe I first started healing T1s I spent a while looking for a spec that I enjoyed and felt that I could heal effectively with.
    I finally settled with a 38 sent/22 Pur/5 Warden build. The 5 in warden is to increase you mana pool size.
    It offers really solid tank healing, the aoe cleanse, battle rezz, and a load of emergency stuff to help you through tough pulls. It is also effective before you have decent gear and scales up well as you gear up. What is doesn't offer however is cheap aoe healing.
    What it also offers you is safety. You don't have to depend on preheatlng so you won't get beat on as much on pulls. Especially in T1s there are new tanks and warden hots cause issues.
    As a cleric tank I much prefer sent and puri healers no matter the situation in T1, or T2. I don't raid but this wasn't a question about raid specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashane View Post
    I would just like to add, I sure hope they don't add something to this game before they add something else that is totally unrelated to the thing they might add, because that would really tick me off or something if they added it first before the thing that should be added first even though its totally unrelated like, you know?

Telaran

What kind of stats do you have?

I normally run sent/pur in experts, but I have tried out warden too. You may need to bump your crit. With your build and all those instant hots going off you should have a ton of serendipity procs. Remember to use your cooldowns like tidal surge and touch the light etc. Also, as suggested above, a good cleanse can go a long way.

Rift Disciple

for mega group health regen, use the sent aoe heal "divine call" which is instant first, then use "healing showers" then "healing flood" then "ripple"/"deluge", its a guarantee that the sent aoe, "healing communion" will be up for insta cast, prolly for a couple 2,3 casts, those things in fast succession should drop like 8k healing on the group in under 5 seconds while shielding them from 5% dmg, and the lasting effects of the water hots keep "serendipity" up.

for tank healing keep "soothing stream" up, plus "spray", i'd say dont waste time with "healing current" instead go right to "deluge" which will usually be insta. if the tank needs a lil more health u have "Healing Breath" and "Touch the Light"+ "Healing Invocation", and if u think of it throw the "orbs of the stream" and "healers covenant" shields on the tank too, gives u that second u need to switch target to yourself and cast the mana regen "cascade" whenever its ready and u have 85% mana or less.

i use 32ward/34sent
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...otRoz.Eoxtfs0c

my crits are almost 20%, so serendipity is usually up when hots are running.

Rift Disciple

Rotation seems good, if tank is dieing during the HI cast try this instead 4x SS-->HS-->HC-->Deluge-->HC and repeat.

What are your stats? if your SP and crit are low, then that could be an issue, I havent looked at PvP gear so I am not sure

Dont forget to use orbs, they are one of your best CD's your aoe looks fine.

if your stats are decent you may start looking at the tank's gear and asking about his spec, dont laugh but I have gone into T1's and T2's and ended up having trouble healing the tank only to look and see he was wearing his PvP set or DPS gear, or asked him about spec and found out he was tanking in a dps spec

So it may not all be you

Rift Disciple

i'd say try not to use HI or deluge unless either serendipity is up or u can use "touch the light" first, that way those long cast powerful heals are instant.

Rift Disciple

also if u need to u can throw in your 3 insta aoe's for extra healing on the tank. HF,HR,DC, its a mana drain, but a life drain is worse.

Telaran

Default time to mix it up!!

thanks~
    Here is my spec and ...it roxx.

51 warden/15 Sentinal

So in single target healing this is really nice. You start with and always have Orbs of the Tide and Orbs of the Stream on the tank and yourself.

Before the pull you start your casting order. It should be healing spray then healing streamx3 then healing spray then healing current, then Healing stream, and finally healing flood. if you keep all these up on a tank along with the Orbs you should be good. For a quick "Catch up" on burst damage you mix in either Tidal Surge+Healing Breath or Deluge or both. There is really nothing in T1 that should kill a tanker with all that on them if they are correctly positioning mobs and there is some CC from time to time.

For group heals there are many combo's I use. basically Ripple+Healing Current, Healing Flood, Healing Showers, Healing Cataract, Downpour. This should keep the whole group alive for burst damage periods. Combined with Orbs of the Tide it's a "WIN WIN".

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyboy View Post
    i'd say try not to use HI or deluge unless either serendipity is up or u can use "touch the light" first, that way those long cast powerful heals are instant.
    Deluge has the same cast time as healing current, 2 seconds

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Cable View Post
    Here is my spec and ...it roxx.

51 warden/15 Sentinal

So in single target healing this is really nice. You start with and always have Orbs of the Tide and Orbs of the Stream on the tank and yourself.

Before the pull you start your casting order. It should be healing spray then healing streamx3 then healing spray then healing current, then Healing stream, and finally healing flood. if you keep all these up on a tank along with the Orbs you should be good. For a quick "Catch up" on burst damage you mix in either Tidal Surge+Healing Breath or Deluge or both. There is really nothing in T1 that should kill a tanker with all that on them if they are correctly positioning mobs and there is some CC from time to time.

For group heals there are many combo's I use. basically Ripple+Healing Current, Healing Flood, Healing Showers, Healing Cataract, Downpour. This should keep the whole group alive for burst damage periods. Combined with Orbs of the Tide it's a "WIN WIN".
    I do somthing similar, though I keep 4x-SS on the tank 100% of the time so I never have to reapply a full 4 just refresh it, my rotation in heavy dmg is SS-->HS-->HC-->Deluge-->HC-->repeat, this gets adjusted depending on situation, if the tank takes a huge hit I replace on of the 2 HC's with a single target tidal surged orbs, if its more aoe dmg I use a tidal surged aoe orbs in place of an HC plus a healing flood or showers in place of HS, if I use ripple its to 4-stack SS on everyone when I know aoe dmg is comming in soon.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the reply
    going to give Puri / Sent a try
    my stats are:

Heath 4517
    Armor 3252
    Wis 321
    Int 254
    End 298
    Spell Power 695
    Spell Crit 412

Rift Disciple

Thanks for the reply
    going to give Puri / Sent a try
    my stats are:

Heath 4517
    Armor 3252
    Wis 321
    Int 254
    End 298
    Spell Power 695
    Spell Crit 412
    puri/sent should work for you, but warden/sent shoulda worked for you as well so I would say its either an issue of the warden part just doesnt fit you playstyle/comfort range or you just had some undergeared tanks

+ Reply to Thread