+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: Wowowow Natural Healing, 51 Chloro heal, am I reading this right?

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default Wowowow Natural Healing, 51 Chloro heal, am I reading this right?

    Only a 2.5 sec cast time, no cooldown and a whopping 864 to 872 base healing! Whattt?

    The closest cleric heal with that much base heal is Vigilance which is on a 2 min cooldown and requires the target to be below 20% HP to activate.

    Do my eyes deceive me?

  2. #2
    Sez
    Sez is offline
    Ascendant Sez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,142

    Default

    Impossible. Mages could not possibly be QQing about the change for no reason...
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

    - Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Read it for yourself.

    Oh, just for comparison.

    Restorative Flame, max rank: 538-545 Base heal, 3 sec cast

    Healing Invocation, max rank: 598-605 Base heal, 3 sec cast

  4. #4
    Plane Walker Perros_The_Second's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Paladin's have the biggest heal. That doesn't make them healers.

  5. #5
    Prophet of Telara Ethias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perros_The_Second View Post
    Paladin's have the biggest heal. That doesn't make them healers.
    bahahaha, yeah, chloro's arent healers.

    luckily for clerics(I guess), one single target healing spell's base amount does not always predict the healing of the class.

    frankly I don't know if I like how they "broke" with Chloromancer feel for that one but hey...

  6. #6
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gyeff View Post
    Only a 2.5 sec cast time, no cooldown and a whopping 864 to 872 base healing! Whattt?

    The closest cleric heal with that much base heal is Vigilance which is on a 2 min cooldown and requires the target to be below 20% HP to activate.

    Do my eyes deceive me?
    How well/badly does it scale with SP, by comparison? Certain Cleric skills such as "Reprieve" have extremely high base heal, but scale extremely poorly.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Stay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    They don't like it and try not to use it. I'm guessing there must be a reason for that beyond the typical patch-week "WE FEAR CHANGE" whining.

    Probably, it doesn't scale or doesn't have any synergy with other talents. Our spells do.

  8. #8
    Telaran Martell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    66

    Default

    I would think they don't like it because the tree was designed to heal via dps. A 2.5s direct target heal somewhat breaks the soul's spirit.

    I'm not a big fan of the idea myself, simply because I think the ability has too high a chance of being completely useless or the only spell you cast. Which in the latter case, I'm sure the mages would have just rolled a cleric instead.

  9. #9
    Sez
    Sez is offline
    Ascendant Sez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    They don't like it and try not to use it. I'm guessing there must be a reason for that beyond the typical patch-week "WE FEAR CHANGE" whining.

    Probably, it doesn't scale or doesn't have any synergy with other talents. Our spells do.
    You are the reason I usually stop and get tacos on the way home from work.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

    - Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    The reason they got that spell is for fights where the boss becomes immune to damage, If they cant dps they cant heal so you can see the reason they would need a heal that doesnt require dps to heal with.

  11. #11
    Shadowlander Sjentra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Last i checked with 1.1k SP it healed for 2150 health.

  12. #12
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjentra View Post
    Last i checked with 1.1k SP it healed for 2150 health.
    so sounds like its got barely over half the spcoeff of our RF
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

  13. #13
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    668

    Default

    Yeah it heals less then our main heals, but they have it abit faster and can proc instant heals from warlock.

    Works better in PVP than ours unfortunatley :/

  14. #14
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjentra View Post
    Last i checked with 1.1k SP it healed for 2150 health.
    That's much worse scaling than Cleric heals (considering the base value), but that's still not bad. I do about 1800 non-crit Restorative Flame. Albeit I'm only T1 geared.

  15. #15
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gyeff View Post
    That's much worse scaling than Cleric heals (considering the base value), but that's still not bad. I do about 1800 non-crit Restorative Flame. Albeit I'm only T1 geared.
    T1 geared mage I can get the heal to hit 2K

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts