+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ranged DPS PvP builds for 1.3?

Default Ranged DPS PvP builds for 1.3?

Hi all,

I know, I know, melee Cleric is where the DPS is, but I'm too old to chase bunny hoppers in Scion. I need range.

Is there a go-to Cleric RANGED DPS spec that excels in 1.3?

Thanks for your help.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Oyjord View Post
    Hi all,

I know, I know, melee Cleric is where the DPS is, but I'm too old to chase bunny hoppers in Scion. I need range.

Is there a go-to Cleric RANGED DPS spec that excels in 1.3?

Thanks for your help.
    Clerics are currently incapable of competitive single target RDPS. Cabalist is a good AOE/utility spec but you are not going to do significant single DPS as a RDPS cleric in PVP.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kassa View Post
    Clerics are currently incapable of competitive single target RDPS. Cabalist is a good AOE/utility spec but you are not going to do significant single DPS as a RDPS cleric in PVP.
    i actually disagree, I have been doing very well in pvp, using this build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...0qz.AuMo0x.V0x 36Inq/20Just/10Sent

I usually top damage in WF's, and am very close to the top of healing. You have very high survivability, very high AoE DPS and healing (DoL spam), and decent single target DPS. I have 2 macros, first is:

suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Sovereignty
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Life's Vengeance
    cast Bolt of Judgment

and the second being:

#show Fanaticism
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fanaticism
    cast Bolt of Depravity

You have high mobility with this build, due to almost every spell being Insta cast, keep DoT's up on everyone, mad healing from Vex, Excommunicate and Trepidation to get melee away from you, Impede to stop kiters, and 2 mana regen mechanics. 1v1, I can beat just about anything, the one real weakness is getting all your buffs purged. But this build works extremely well.
    Belmont - Order of Shadow - 5/5 4/4 4/4

Living off Mage tears since 2006

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kulltiras View Post
    i actually disagree, I have been doing very well in pvp, using this build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...0qz.AuMo0x.V0x 36Inq/20Just/10Sent

I usually top damage in WF's, and am very close to the top of healing. You have very high survivability, very high AoE DPS and healing (DoL spam), and decent single target DPS. I have 2 macros, first is:

suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Sovereignty
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Life's Vengeance
    cast Bolt of Judgment

and the second being:

#show Fanaticism
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fanaticism
    cast Bolt of Depravity

You have high mobility with this build, due to almost every spell being Insta cast, keep DoT's up on everyone, mad healing from Vex, Excommunicate and Trepidation to get melee away from you, Impede to stop kiters, and 2 mana regen mechanics. 1v1, I can beat just about anything, the one real weakness is getting all your buffs purged. But this build works extremely well.
    I use a similar build but it's heavier in Inquisitor, less in Justicar, 44/12/10 I think. It's a good pvp build. I hear all this crap about cleric ranged dps not being good in warfronts and that's what it is, crap. I've played both Cabalist and Inquisitor and done well with both. Melee builds may have the best sustained dps but if you haven't figured out, pvp is about burst damage and not sustained dps and the ranged souls have better burst than melee specs unless they spec all out offense (which makes their survivability just about nil.) Really, if you are a low prestige rank and you want to be a dps cleric, you better pick one of the two ranged souls or you will be going back to the res point a whole lot. Low rank melee clerics get ****stomped pretty easily.

I'm quite fond of the 46/10/10 inq/sham/sent build for the crits. the burst is pretty mean if you crit SH after fanatic BoD and time it to land as the projectile hits.

(Gear)

Thanks a bunch for the help, appreciate it.

Totally disagree

My DPS spec hits the top 3

It's actually our melee builds which are lackluster in PvP. They do OK DPS, but have none of the utility that other melee characters do (CC, healing debuffs, stealth, movespeed buffs, etc). You'll almost never see an effective melee DPS cleric in a warfront - and if you do, throw him a cheer because he's a rare breed.

The most common cleric PvP DPS builds you'll see, in order:

1. Inquisicar (Inq / Sent / Justi) - There are like a million different versions of this with various point distributions. My current favorite is 40/0/26. It plays more like a hybrid than a pure DPS, depending on how much you use your doctrines. IMO, use them a lot. Good survivability and you can play it as a PvP tank if you have high valor and a lot of points in Justi (I do).

2. Cabalist (51 Cab / 14+ Inq / 0-1 Sent) - Pure AoE DPS. Good spike if you can manage to set it up, and a lot of AoE CC as well. Difficult to stay alive, requires cooperative allies to either heal you or stand in front of you. Steep learning curve, kind of a clunky spec to play too. But if you see a cleric do a million damage in Port Scion, it was a Cabalist.

3. Inquisitor (51 Inq / something beside Justi) - You see less of these now, people are starting to get the memo about Inquisicar. But still a fair number. Essentially pure DPS with limited survivability - though still probably more than Cabalist. Better single target DPS than Cabalist too, but worse AoE.

Soulwalker

What do you use for weapons? I'm a fresh 50 and I've only been doing experts a few days, currently I have a 24 dps 2h mace, or an epic 1h+epic shield, or 1h+epic totem (all of those with dps stats).

Is the loss in dps worth using the shield? the difference for me is going from 27% mitigation to 31%. Is that enough?

You should never use a shield for anything except tanking in PvE. The spellpower is *always* better than the armor.

Ask me why they make cleric shields without any tank stats on them.

. . . I don't know.

Soulwalker

#Kultiras
    you said 2 mana regen mechanics.

Do you consider Purpose to be useful with this spec?

Super helpful thread, folks, thanks again.

Mind my asking the stat priority for such ranged DPS builds?

SP>Int>Wis?

Rift Disciple

I use a 51/10/5 inquis/cab/warden build and it does decent, just depends on what kind of support I get, keep me alive and i can top dmg charts.

as for stats, in most ranged dps specs your going to want to stack crit on top of crit then add a pinch of crit

crit>int>SP>wis

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Oyjord View Post
    Super helpful thread, folks, thanks again.

Mind my asking the stat priority for such ranged DPS builds?

SP>Int>Wis?
    PvP is all about the crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim45682 View Post
    I use a 51/10/5 inquis/cab/warden build and it does decent, just depends on what kind of support I get, keep me alive and i can top dmg charts.

as for stats, in most ranged dps specs your going to want to stack crit on top of crit then add a pinch of crit

crit>int>SP>wis
    You talk about crit but you're not even using Sentinel for the extra 20% bonus crit on top of 5% spellpower. You could run a 46/10/10 build which would provide you with more burst for PvP (lose Harsh Discipline, Lethargy, Bewilder, and 2 pts from Unyielding and pick up Life and Death assuming you favor BoJ with instant BoD procs)... gives you 20% bonus crit, 10% spellpower, 5% spell damage at a loss of 20% spell power bonus on Vex / SH.

That's not true.

Maybe one on one it'll take you a while to burn someone down while healing yourself, but we can ABSOLUTELY stil do decent damage in a WF. I use a build that heals everyone around me as I cast, or one that is pure damage, and I do plenty.

Keep in mind we're a team, and if you choose your targets and focus we can do a lot of harm.

Z

The Order of the Silver Hand is recruiting! Dayblind - Guardian - www.TheOrderoftheSilverHand.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast