+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can we have more mechanics please

Rift Master

Default Can we have more mechanics please

Some of our builds suffer from poor mechanics syndrome, resulting in playable characters that spam one or two buttons.

Can we have a revamp at some point to make gameplay abit more interesting?

The dominator and chloro changes were awesome, I hope clerics get to see some design changes that match that innovation.

Rift Disciple

Like my 14 button tanking combo on my black ork? Yeah, that wasn't annoying or anything.

Plane Touched

More mechanics doesn't necessarily mean more abilities. At least for dps it would easily be that there are more things from the tree that proc buffs that would increase dmg for certain type for the next 5 sec or so. Something that would increase overall dps by using a non static dps macro, even if it's only by a little.

But unfortunately on our tanking there isn't much that can be changed without gaining/losing current abilities, since the class mechanic is rather static. Build convictions, blow it on shield/heals. There's no real 'finisher' move like wars that would up our defense by 5 percent or w/e. It's why I was sad that they deleted DoV rather than improve it. It would have been nice if they made DoV give us a temporary spell shield with the block amount based on the number of conviction used.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponytoucher View Post
    Like my 14 button tanking combo on my black ork? Yeah, that wasn't annoying or anything.
    I think we can agree that there is some middleground between 14 buttons and a heavily restrictive mechanic, and peak gameplay being hitting your 1 key as fast as you can.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ponytoucher View Post
    There were addons that made the stance mechanic of BMs/BOs go from annoying to easily manageable. But that isn't the point really.

The problem is, what type of mechanic could you fit on an entire class - healer souls included - to make it more interesting?
    Better living through technology!
    Inventing Cleric builds is too mainstream for me.

Rift Master

Of course I dont want the cleric class to be over complicated, but some better utilities would be nice (ones that are not directly concerned with healing), such as debuffs, finishers or the like.

The cabalist tree is nicely filled out with some situational skills, and also the inquisitor, the druid trees really are very situational in some skills and higher in the shaman tree, i dunno I havent seen anyone use them.

When I play the mage I am swamped with skills and ideas and situations I can use them in, as a cleric it just seems the only strategy we have mainly is to out defence and out heal the opponents.

I dunno I just feel we are missing something, mainly in the druid and shaman trees

Agree, give us something to do please. Or kill the macro system for druid/shaman builds so I have something to do except spam Q for maximum efficiency. At least 1 button warriors and rogues need to watch their energy bars.

(Gear)

+ Reply to Thread