+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Fixed Rebuke... and broke it in a hilarious way

Rift Disciple

Default Fixed Rebuke... and broke it in a hilarious way

Step 1: Go into CC (expert or normal)
    Step 2: Enter Cyclorax's room engage, run right back to the door, and cast Rebuke
    Step 3: Enjoy your ability to make stationary bosses move at your will, to any location you wish...
    Belmont - Order of Shadow - 5/5 4/4 4/4

Living off Mage tears since 2006

Telaran

There is more. It can be used to interrupt uninterruptable boss abilities as well. Tonight during Raid I used it on Herald Guarath and Lord Greenscale, along with every other boss we encountered. I interrupted Miasma of Suffering, preventing the icon of herald being placed. I interrupted Noxious Fumes from Greenscale. I even interrupted Prince Hylas's Rampant Regrowth before the shield was broken, thus preventing any trees from spawning and saving about 25% of his regeneration. It's quite funny. It can be used on anything to interrupt anything, aslong as the anything is mobile.

RIFT Community Ambassador Radak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yavi View Post
    There is more. It can be used to interrupt uninterruptable boss abilities as well. Tonight during Raid I used it on Herald Guarath and Lord Greenscale, along with every other boss we encountered. I interrupted Miasma of Suffering, preventing the icon of herald being placed. I interrupted Noxious Fumes from Greenscale. I even interrupted Prince Hylas's Rampant Regrowth before the shield was broken, thus preventing any trees from spawning and saving about 25% of his regeneration. It's quite funny. It can be used on anything to interrupt anything, aslong as the anything is mobile.
    Those are some serious bugs. And although I like the ability to do it.
    It is really really broken. (note that herald's summon add also has a cast bar and is on a 1min10sec cd. So you might want to interrupt that )
    Cleric tanking: Justicar guide | Justicar spreadsheet and item list
    Defence is as much a part of war as offense, the shield as important a tool as the sword.

Sshhh be quiet

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Radak View Post
    Those are some serious bugs. And although I like the ability to do it.
    It is really really broken. (note that herald's summon add also has a cast bar and is on a 1min10sec cd. So you might want to interrupt that )
    There is no reason to interrupt the adds. Herald is possibly the most broken fight right now in the game. You can interrupt Miasma of Suffering with Rebuke. When the idols go down, you can purge the buff off of the idols and the adds will never spawn. Making this fight a 100% tank and spank fight. Trion has quite a few bugs to fix with this patch. I could list probably another 2 dozen bugs to do with just GSB and RoS. I know of another half dozen bugs with the cleric class that are near game breaking (such as 100% damage mitigation indefinitely). However, I will not post these on the forums, I will give the list directly to the dev's, if they ever respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Yavi View Post
    I know of another half dozen bugs with the cleric class that are near game breaking (such as 100% damage mitigation indefinitely). However, I will not post these on the forums, I will give the list directly to the dev's, if they ever respond.
    Well I can tell that there are a couple of devs and moderators that respond really quickly to PM's so I advice sending it to Elrar or Vespera who will pass it along to the person responsibly for fixing it.
    Defence is as much a part of war as offense, the shield as important a tool as the sword.

Inserting the obligatory "you should also file an in-game bug report".
    I sometimes get things right.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Rift Team

This was obviously unintended. It doesn't seem to be obeying the fact that abilities can be uninterruptable. It's currently being fixed, but this means that we've had to disable it for the time being. It'll get re-enabled as soon as it's fixed.

Poor Rebuke, always causing trouble.

Rift Disciple

Nice testing there, not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    This was obviously unintended. It doesn't seem to be obeying the fact that abilities can be uninterruptable. It's currently being fixed, but this means that we've had to disable it for the time being. It'll get re-enabled as soon as it's fixed.

Poor Rebuke, always causing trouble.
    SO between waiting for righteous mandate and rebuke to be fixxed I should be able to tank by 1.4 with any luck!
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

Quote Originally Posted by kliknik View Post
    SO between waiting for righteous mandate and rebuke to be fixxed I should be able to tank by 1.4 with any luck!
    See: own signature.

/facepalm

Anyway, I am doing fine tanking. Far bigger issue is the random spell interrupts for no reason - please fix that first, it's killing me! (literally)

No the biggest problem currently is the broken Precept of Refuge that doesn't increase block.
    Unfortunately I still haven't seen any mention of that from a dev on the forums and if it's being looked into or worked on.
    Because missing 20% is really noticeable.
    Last edited by Radak; 06-24-2011 at 12:35 PM.

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #13
    Rift Team

No the biggest problem currently is the broken Precept of Refuge that doesn't increase block.
    Unfortunately I still haven't seen any mention of that from a dev on the forums and if it's being looked into or worked on.
    This is already fixed internally and should show up soon in a hotfix.

DDamn I would have mentioned that to but I was thinking it was just a display bug. I guess i was giving them to much credit.
    Last edited by kliknik; 06-24-2011 at 01:32 PM.
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

I don't agree that this is worse than the random spell interrupts! Imagine if 20-30% of your melee attacks just randomly disarmed you for a second or two instead of hitting. With no pattern or apparent reason, sometimes 3 or 4 in a row. That would be worse, right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast