+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I don't enjoy my cleric in raids what should I do?

Zea
    Shadowlander

Default I don't enjoy my cleric in raids what should I do?

So I started raiding again on my cleric today and I just hate the play style in raids. I rolled a cleric to heal. While leveling and gearing up in 5 man’s I had a lot of fun.

But the moment I step into Greenscale's Blight my cleric becomes very boring. I’m pretty much forced to play the one button dps spec on most fights and hitting 1 for hours is not my idea of fun. I somewhat enjoy inquisitor because it is more interesting to play than druid/shaman/inquisitor however my dps is subpar so I am a detriment to the raid.

When I finally do get to heal I’m basically mashing heals on a tank that is taking very little damage or I’m playing the snipe game while raid healing. On top of that my guild requires me to play a justicar healing spec which I don't really enjoy. It is extremely effective like the one button dps spec but not fun to play for hours.

So at this point what should I do? The best solution I could come up with is reroll but I feel like I’d run into the same problem with every class. I don’t enjoy warfronts and I’m pretty much done with 5 mans so my choices are raid or quit rift. I feel like I’ve lost the freedom of choice that this game was supposed to offer. I can’t play the way I want to instead I’m forced into some cookie cutter spec.
    Last edited by Zea; 06-23-2011 at 09:03 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zea View Post
    So I started raiding again on my cleric today and I just hate the play style in raids. I rolled a cleric to heal. While leveling and gearing up in 5 manís I had a lot of fun.

But the moment I step into Greenscale's Blight my cleric becomes very boring. Iím pretty much forced to play the one button dps spec on most fights and hitting 1 for hours is not my idea of fun. I somewhat enjoy inquisitor because it is more interesting to play than druid/shaman/inquisitor however my dps is subpar so I am a detriment to the raid.

When I finally do get to heal Iím basically mashing heals on a tank that is taking very little damage or Iím playing the snipe game while raid healing. On top of that my guild requires me to play a justicar healing spec which I don't really enjoy. It is extremely effective like the one button dps spec but not fun to play for hours.

So at this point what should I do? The best solution I could come up with is reroll but I feel like Iíd run into the same problem with every class. I donít enjoy warfronts and Iím pretty much done with 5 mans so my choices are raid or quit rift. I feel like Iíve lost the freedom of choice that this game was supposed to offer. I canít play the way I want to instead Iím forced into some cookie cutter spec.
    I spend most my raiding time DPS'ing in the usual 31/24/11. But I have 4 other raiding specs, 51 Purifier, Sent/Warden, Senticar, and Inquisicar. When I can, I switch it up. Thats what makes it fun. There are so many things you can do, just get good at all of them, and any decent guild will use you to your full potential.
    Belmont - Order of Shadow - 5/5 4/4 4/4

Living off Mage tears since 2006

Soulwalker

Try changing spec for different fight's. In a normal GSB clear for example these are the specs I play:

Duke - Tank
    Johlen - Druid Cookiecutter
    Oracle - Either Druid again or inquis depending on our range to melee ratio.
    Hylas - Tank
    GS - Inquisicar raid healing

Me and another cleric often change it up on fights so we're not always doing the same thing on the same fight's each week.

I originally rolled a cleric to heal as I was a resto druid in WoW for many years but at lvl 30 gave tanking ago and loved it. If you really want something fun an exciting to try go gear up in experts and get a tank set happening.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zea View Post
    So I started raiding again on my cleric today and I just hate the play style in raids. I rolled a cleric to heal. While leveling and gearing up in 5 manís I had a lot of fun.

But the moment I step into Greenscale's Blight my cleric becomes very boring. Iím pretty much forced to play the one button dps spec on most fights and hitting 1 for hours is not my idea of fun. I somewhat enjoy inquisitor because it is more interesting to play than druid/shaman/inquisitor however my dps is subpar so I am a detriment to the raid.

When I finally do get to heal Iím basically mashing heals on a tank that is taking very little damage or Iím playing the snipe game while raid healing. On top of that my guild requires me to play a justicar healing spec which I don't really enjoy. It is extremely effective like the one button dps spec but not fun to play for hours.

So at this point what should I do? The best solution I could come up with is reroll but I feel like Iíd run into the same problem with every class. I donít enjoy warfronts and Iím pretty much done with 5 mans so my choices are raid or quit rift. I feel like Iíve lost the freedom of choice that this game was supposed to offer. I canít play the way I want to instead Iím forced into some cookie cutter spec.
    Found your problem.

Zea
    Shadowlander

I looked into inquisicar and it seems like it would be alot of fun to play on hylas and greenscale so i'll give it a go next raid.

Ascendant

The other thing you could try is leveling a mage.

You can still heal things, and your DPS specs CANT be macro'd. How does a 16 button rotation sound to you?

I pretty much play the inqusicar spec on most of the bosses except for Infiltrator which i use the cookie cutter druid/sham/inq. I enjoy both but love my inquisicar the most. I find that I am very good on that spec and I am usually asked to play that because my guild knows what I can do with it. I very seldom switch to regular healing but will if asked.

Think the problem is that you just are not finding the umph that you had with your cleric as you did in the past. My suggestion: stick with the cleric for raiding purposes. If you prefer healing let your guild leader know this...I am sure he can ask somone else to try a different role. In the meantime start an alt of something you want to try out and lvl when your not raiding. Who knows you may fall in love with that class instead.
    Stupid People P*** Me Off

Zea
    Shadowlander

Sounds like that could be alot of fun i've been considering leveling an alt because there isbasicly nothing to do outside of raids.Plus i also seem to prefer casters to melee in rift so i'd never be forced into meleeing for max dps.

Zea
    Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ferathka View Post
    I pretty much play the inqusicar spec on most of the bosses except for Infiltrator which i use the cookie cutter druid/sham/inq. I enjoy both but love my inquisicar the most. I find that I am very good on that spec and I am usually asked to play that because my guild knows what I can do with it. I very seldom switch to regular healing but will if asked.

Think the problem is that you just are not finding the umph that you had with your cleric as you did in the past. My suggestion: stick with the cleric for raiding purposes. If you prefer healing let your guild leader know this...I am sure he can ask somone else to try a different role. In the meantime start an alt of something you want to try out and lvl when your not raiding. Who knows you may fall in love with that class instead.

I think itís just I personally enjoy 5 mans because I have a lot more freedom in how I do things. I get to choose how to approach a situation. For example I can choose let hots heal people up or use something instant like healing breath .In raids that never really happens every one just gets brought to full instantly and thatís it.

+ Reply to Thread