+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leveling a Cleric

Soulwalker

Default Leveling a Cleric

Im trying to level my cleric for my first Rift character and its slow and boring. Any ideas? certian soul specs to run? im currently running Inquist/Purifier/Cab and inq is my main soul, I have all the souls so im up to try anything. And are clerics really even worth getting to 50? Since mages can heal and warriors can tank and Rogues/Mages both out dps a cleric, is there still any use for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Hidorous View Post
    Im trying to level my cleric for my first Rift character and its slow and boring. Any ideas? certian soul specs to run? im currently running Inquist/Purifier/Cab and inq is my main soul, I have all the souls so im up to try anything. And are clerics really even worth getting to 50? Since mages can heal and warriors can tank and Rogues/Mages both out dps a cleric, is there still any use for them?
    Clerics are the most versatile class in the game and can be range dps, heals, tank, and melee dps. For lvling there are two pretty good specs. Melee....shammy/just/sent or for range dps...aoe inq/just/sent. Justicar is great cause with a mear 11 pts in the tree you can have aoe group heals. With sent in there you have healing breath which is also instant. So pretty much depends on how you want to lvl....either range dps or melee
    Stupid People P*** Me Off

Soulwalker

Id rather do melee but if Ranged is faster then i dont care which.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidorous View Post
    Id rather do melee but if Ranged is faster then i dont care which.
    Well either one is good. Just make sure you get justicar in there. you only need to put in 11 pts to get the heals you want. So Shammy/just/sent should be a decent build....dont really need to put too much in sent. Could even do shammy/just/druid for a little more umph when in melee...once you get the heals from justicar.
    Stupid People P*** Me Off

Soulwalker

il try that, thanx

Shadowlander

May i suggest, once you get to lvl 30ish, using the Duracell build, I use it and can easily take on 6-7 at lvl mobs.. easily, at lvl 45, and i dont even have the strongest ability yet.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...easons-(videos)

To convince you, may i suggest you watch this video quickly, OUTRAGEOUS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRY_fgGZtSo

Soulwalker

yea i saw the videos, was exactly what im lookn for. Just gonna have to g rind it out til 30 but after that looks easy.

Quote Originally Posted by quadrophenik View Post
    May i suggest, once you get to lvl 30ish, using the Duracell build, I use it and can easily take on 6-7 at lvl mobs.. easily, at lvl 45, and i dont even have the strongest ability yet.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...easons-(videos)

To convince you, may i suggest you watch this video quickly, OUTRAGEOUS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRY_fgGZtSo
    Question in regards to that video.

Is there a setting within the UI somewhere, that turns on the abilities that heal and hurt you? I noticed lately in videos that I am watching that when you get healed by something, it shows you what skill/ability it was, and same thing when some thing hurts.

Right now, I just see numbers when I hit stuff, no abilities.
    Be nice to turn that on.

Thanks.

BTW, great build. used it since level 30 all the way through 45 with great success.

Rift Disciple

Your damage is gonna kinda be not very good as a cleric (relative to other classes) no matter what you do until your 40s. Cleric's strong point is really survivability and minimal downtime.

+ Reply to Thread