+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What spec to be for AOE leveling as a Cleric

Soulwalker

Default What spec to be for AOE leveling as a Cleric

As of now I'm attempting to level through AoE with a warrior buddy of mine. He's going whatever AoE spec is best for him, but I'm new so I'm not exactly sure what specs work best.

Right now I'm specced as a cabalist (obviously) and then druid/purifier.

I'm trying to get the best AoE damage/ AoE or direct heals possible. I like the faerie for the healing, but is there another class that would work better?

Any help with this or the best way to level period would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

Rift Disciple

most here will tout the shamman/justicar build as the end all be all of cleric leveling specs, and it is great, though I like to be different so I went inquisitor/justicar/sentinal, get 11 points into justicar so your healing yourself and your friend off your dmg, dump the rest in inquis, vex everything in sight, then fanaticism/souldrain/circle of oblivion and you should be golden.

Soulwalker

Well I don't need to solo at all. The only damage I want to do is AoE. I only play with this other person, so having single target dps is worthless to me.

Is there a best healer class that works well with aoe dmg/heal?

Rift Disciple

Take a look at justicar before you knock it, buffs in justicar provide healing to you and your grp from what dmg you do, somthing like 5-6% of all dmg you do is converted into group heals, and slightly higher % to self heals, then another justicar buff will boost that healing by 50% and reduce the threat you generate. Also yet another buff gives you convictions for every life-based dmg ability you use and those convictions can be used for a self insta heal or a grp insta heal, your 0 points in sentinal gives you a single target insta heal on a 8 second CD, I think that about covers healing unless your trying to do content that you have no buisness doing at your lvl or as a duo.

For your aoe dps concerns, soul drain is one of the best cleric aoe dmg spells in the game imo, it stacks dmg up very high when your fighting 4+ mobs, and circle of oblivion is a channeled ground target aoe that does nice dps by its-self of course this build assumes your at least 31, though its viable with at least 14 in inquis to get soul drain but lower lvl you will prolly want cabalist for aoe.

Bottom line it all depends on your lvl as cleric aoe is pretty weak at low lvls

Soulwalker

Hey.

Thank you so much for the advice! Very solid. I'll look into going Cabalist/Justicar/sentinel. So far that seems to be the absolute best spec you can be for my level (<20).

Have a great night!

Rift Disciple

sounds good, yea for a few lvls cabalist is going to be your better bet untill you can get 11 justicar and 31ish inquis,

personally i'm a fan of inq/just/sent. Get 11 pts in justicar as soon as you can in the right spots and you can aoe heal with conviction pts from the damage you do. With sentinal you get healing breath which is also insta cast. Once you get high enough in Inquisitor your damage will also start healing you and anyone in your group. I'm a huge fan of this spec and later lvls you can take on 10-15 mobs with ease. In Raids I generally run this and the aoe group heals are awesome so main heals can concentrate on Tanks.
    Stupid People P*** Me Off

It's your choice. I found Just/Sham spamming Even Justice great for both Elite soloing and packs of mobs. You can tank, heal, and dps.

Quote Originally Posted by NatashaK View Post
    It's your choice. I found Just/Sham spamming Even Justice great for both Elite soloing and packs of mobs. You can tank, heal, and dps.
    Aye that one is good too. Why i love the Cleric class....so versatile.
    Stupid People P*** Me Off

+ Reply to Thread