+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: More Love to PVE Raid DPS!

Telaran

Default More Love to PVE Raid DPS!

Am I the only Cleric here feeling Cleric DPS has been neglected again and again in the RAID PVE Setting? Trion created a Loot table solely for Cleric DPS, seperate from Healing or Taking, Trion gave us 4 diffferent souls that are DPS focused, 2 melee and 2 range, yet in the same gear and skill level, we come out still at the bottom of the list in DPS. And on top of that, our Rotation is the easiest and most boring... Druid One button mash. Range is quite simple as well. And on top of that Clerics dps took a dive from nerfed Witchstones.

Can Devs please give Clerics some love? Im starting to feel like Cleric Devs are half assing our Class... Look at the Justicar changes, it is the current fail update, 10% Thorvins law not working, Rebuke not working, our Threat when there is nothing to heal still bad, scaling to threat in end-game horrible. Ok, I may not be a Dev or have Software Engineer Degree in my bag of skills, but really, is it that hard to make a skill add 10% magic mitigation? Is it that hard to interrupt/silence a few mobs for 3 seconds? Is it hard to boost Cleric dps by just a little bit to put them in line with the rest? Especially in the Range DPS aspect? Is it that hard to make Wisdom a little more favorable than Int so that we aren't as tempted to roll on clothies or Mage weopons? I really wish they made our DPS rotations a little more complicated and less macro friendly but have a higher potential so that we can be closer to other DPS classes. Okay maybe im starting to sound demanding or trolling just a little. But really am I the only Cleric that feels this way? Please Clerics speak up! I wanna know how you guys feel about our DPS. Other classes stay please dont give the lame excuse ohhh Clerics shouldnt have good DPS cuz they wear Chain bs. Warriors wear plate and they still are doing great dps, Paragon spec is awesome now.

In other words, one thing Trion got right was Purifier buff. Maybe there is some light in the other end of the tunnel..

Telaran

I disagree with almost everything you said in there.

Telaran

Ok, thats fine, a good debate on the overall state of Clerics would be cool, maybe it'll make me like my Character more. But atleast state why you disagree and give good examples etc and counter arguments. Prove to me you know about your class and you know about other Classes and how we are still a good Class. Simply stating you disagree offers nothing and makes me believe you are a new player and have yet to discover the truth.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
    Ok, thats fine, a good debate on the overall state of Clerics would be cool, maybe it'll make me like my Character more. But atleast state why you disagree and give good examples etc and counter arguments. Prove to me you know about your class and you know about other Classes and how we are still a good Class. Simply stating you disagree offers nothing and makes me believe you are a new player and have yet to discover the truth.
    I press one button and I do 1000+ dps in melee
    Or I go ranged and press 3 buttons and do 900+ ranged dps.

Would I like to do more? Yeah. Do I like pulling aggro and dying? No.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ponytoucher View Post
    I press one button and I do 1000+ dps in melee
    Or I go ranged and press 3 buttons and do 900+ ranged dps.

Would I like to do more? Yeah. Do I like pulling aggro and dying? No.

u guys are ignorant. im full t3 with 2 legendarys and im still 400-500 dps behind our guil top DDs. well a big part of that comes cause i have 1h legendary, which is fail for melee and melee is the only more or less competitive dps spec we can go. im at 1.1k dps and our top dps is about 1.6 single target dps.

so YES. cleric FULL dps needs some love. we are just the weakest of all classes for DPS.

especially if u think about life and death concord. this skill got "fixed" but still a full inqui pulls more DPS if he just spamms BoD, rather than BoJ and w8ing for the procc to come. not even talking about cabalsit, who fails at anything besides maybe pvp or trash mob pulls with more than 4 mobs

but if i go some hybrid support spec: im raidbuffed at about 900-1k dps and still heal about as much as any full healer or chloro. at least if its raid dmg intesive fight, like gs or alsbeth. this doesnt really need any love, as its good as it is. no other class can dps that good and still heal so much.
    chloros may have some more healing, but only in full chloromancer specs and than they dont even do half as much dps as a hybrid cleric can dish out

Quote Originally Posted by Mathom View Post
    u guys are ignorant. im full t3 with 2 legendarys and im still 400-500 dps behind our guil top DDs. well a big part of that comes cause i have 1h legendary, which is fail for melee and melee is the only more or less competitive dps spec we can go. im at 1.1k dps and our top dps is about 1.6 single target dps.

so YES. cleric FULL dps needs some love. we are just the weakest of all classes for DPS.

especially if u think about life and death concord. this skill got "fixed" but still a full inqui pulls more DPS if he just spamms BoD, rather than BoJ and w8ing for the procc to come. not even talking about cabalsit, who fails at anything besides maybe pvp or trash mob pulls with more than 4 mobs

but if i go some hybrid support spec: im raidbuffed at about 900-1k dps and still heal about as much as any full healer or chloro. at least if its raid dmg intesive fight, like gs or alsbeth. this doesnt really need any love, as its good as it is. no other class can dps that good and still heal so much.
    chloros may have some more healing, but only in full chloromancer specs and than they dont even do half as much dps as a hybrid cleric can dish out
    I assume you're ranged. Because even with only T2 gear and the Epic Saga weapon I can pull 1300+ on fights in melee, and our top will pull 1500 or 1600 but I won't be that far behind.

Yes, ranged is broken, but if you went melee with that gear you'd be breaking 1600.

Telaran

Thank you! A cleric that sounds like he has a good grasp of the WHOLE class system!

ATM Warriors are Rogues can pull even higher DPS with a 3-4 macros, although I am not sure the exact difference, I would say something in the line of 300 more dps in t2 gear and 400 more dps in t3 gear.

Mages and Rogues also pull substantianly more Range DPS, Mages have the most complicated Macro, though Necrolock may be the new flavor for Mages which maybe easier to pull off then Storm/Ele.

I just feel the average Joe smoe can pull decent numbers as a Cleric, but if you are a min maxer, Clerics dont shine, they just start feeling dull. And I get the feeling clerics are trying to justify this feeling by offsetting it by going versatile routes like shamicar and inquisicar and going PVP with those tanky healy build that make them near invincible in PVP.

It would be nice to have more DPS versatility, change up Shaman, so its more complicated and adds a possible DPS boost for good players, make Inquistor DPS more in line and make it complicated like Storm ele for all I care, makes us strive to be better, right now DPS is dull and we just fall behind.

Telaran

I also realize that in Raids, im trying to go inquiscar as much as possible because I think that is the only build that offers Raid anything as a DPS off heals. They are the only thing that has raid viability despite the necessary tank healers. But really, we know DPS with Justicar off heals is great already, I want more focus on our full DPS specs without Justicar / Doctine of Authority perks.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zuter View Post
    I assume you're ranged. Because even with only T2 gear and the Epic Saga weapon I can pull 1300+ on fights in melee, and our top will pull 1500 or 1600 but I won't be that far behind.

Yes, ranged is broken, but if you went melee with that gear you'd be breaking 1600.
    300 dps difference is still a big one at that. Especially since all melee druids should already be at their best potential due to the simplicity of their rotation.... One hit macro. 1600 is only possible with decked out t3 and relic hammer and raid buffs and right now I think it might not be possible due to witchstone nerf, where a Rogue or Warrior with those items would be still yet higher and be 1800+.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zuter View Post

ive spend DAYS at the dummy trying any spec possible to maximize my DPS with my 1 hander.

i came to the conclusion, that 1h cleric weapons with fokus are just a disgne failure. noone needs them. if ur dps cleric and need hte focus, u NEVER want a 1 hander. because ranged dps on clerics really cant keep up with same equiped good played other classes. if u want to keep up with other classes there just is no way to NOT use jolt.

but even if i had a 2 hander legendary, im sure any other class with my sort of equipment and the best spec/rotation will do more dps.

the gap between the rest and melee clerics is not very large, but it exists. the gap between other ranged dps and clerics is HUGE.

still i really love my support cleric specs, with which im easily healing any t2 instance solo without really casting any heals (ok, any chloromancer can do the same, so nothing really special here).

but just for DPS: yes clerics could need some love, but the reason devs are not giving love to use, is obviouse, if we would do more dmg, that would make hybrid/support/pvp specs overpowered...

Telaran

but just for DPS: yes clerics could need some love, but the reason devs are not giving love to use, is obviouse, if we would do more dmg, that would make hybrid/support/pvp specs overpowered...
    Not really, any person with a decent IQ can find a fix. One easy one is just scale down Mein of Honor by the amount DPS was increased. Right now Mein of Honor increases healing done by 50%, if they up DPS by 10%, nerf Mein of Honor by 10% and we would be back in line.

Plane Touched

im not a friend of any nerfs...this 10% nerf on heals and 10% buff on dmg looks good on paper. but its not that easy to buff all dps souls for exactly 10% and make sure that u dont get 20% more dmg on a build like dui/sham/justi, which again would b pretty close to op. any maybe other soul cominations who rely more on justi heals, for example, just/sent/warden would b ruined with 10% decrease of MoH.

as u see, things are not as easy as u might think.

im not agruing that pure dps clerics, espically ranges really should get some love, but i rather have no pure dps role, than get some fixes and my spec get nerfed and i start sucking. remeber ur a cleric, in most other games u cant do any dmg at all, even if u can dps, ur WAY behind anything else, so im happy i can at east do some dps.

Ascendant

Pure DPS clerics do need a small buff, but not a lot. I would like to see the druid build do about 100-150 more in raids to be closer to the other DPS classes.

Telaran

im not a friend of any nerfs...this 10% nerf on heals and 10% buff on dmg looks good on paper. but its not that easy to buff all dps souls for exactly 10% and make sure that u dont get 20% more dmg on a build like dui/sham/justi, which again would b pretty close to op. any maybe other soul cominations who rely more on justi heals, for example, just/sent/warden would b ruined with 10% decrease of MoH.

as u see, things are not as easy as u might think.

im not agruing that pure dps clerics, espically ranges really should get some love, but i rather have no pure dps role, than get some fixes and my spec get nerfed and i start sucking. remeber ur a cleric, in most other games u cant do any dmg at all, even if u can dps, ur WAY behind anything else, so im happy i can at east do some dps.
    Im sorry, but I find your attitude lame. My respect for you went from high to low. This game is a set of trial and error, yes, they may mess it up a bit, buff it too much or over nerf it. Thats why they have future patches to fix it if need be.

"remeber ur a cleric, in most other games u cant do any dmg at all, even if u can dps, ur WAY behind anything else, so im happy i can at east do some dps."

Well, in what other games can Rogues Tanks be one of the best in games and Mages Main Heal more efficiently than true healers while doing dps and never run out of mana? Not many that I know of. Trion gave us this belief that we have a versatile soul system. But if Rogues can Tank just as well as Warriors, and Mages can heal just as well as Clerics, why cant Clerics DPS just as well as Rogues or Warriors? Why cant we tank just as well as them as well! This is why I feel our Devs are half-assing our class. It feels like that person is either sleeping at work, or doesn't stand up to the to Dev Team and stand up for Clerics when they "try" to fix us, and lets Trion buff / nerf us ignorantly.

Here is one solution. Give all clerics a new global ability toggle that increases your outgoing damage by a certain percentage while also reducing all healing that you can do by 50% or so. This ability would have a cooldown on it (let's say 2 minutes) so that you can't easily switch back and forth between damage and healing. The toggle would also not be switchable during combat regardless of the cooldown.

This would give all cleric specs the ability to improve their dps while also preventing them from being able to heal as well while in this mode.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast