+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Warden Heals!?

Default Warden Heals!?

Is there a way to spec Warden and main heal? I'm not being very fan of Puri/Sent, you just basically spam the same heal (the big one) and that's it...

I've heard Wardens are much rewarding, is that true? Someone has experience on this?

y3n
    Shadowlander

As warden/sent, I can easily main heal t2s and tank heal some raids.

Deep warden with some sent is worth it for healing but i wouldnt recomend it from my own experience sent/warden is the way to go if you find it lame spaming big heals you still need to bost your hps with warden spells thus Hot's and top with larger heals + overheaing into another HoT.

I've read HoT form Wardens are much higher in HPS than heal from Sentinel/Puri, whats why I was asking...

Going +34 points into warden souls, gives extra heal from them

Telaran

Default Different souls for different roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliatron View Post
    Is there a way to spec Warden and main heal? I'm not being very fan of Puri/Sent, you just basically spam the same heal (the big one) and that's it...

I've heard Wardens are much rewarding, is that true? Someone has experience on this?
    34/32 pur/sent is great for single target tank heals in encounters with nominal group splash damage (Rictus, Kalos) or when you want to tab out and read CNN during an encounter.

51/15 war/sent is strong for fights where there's a LOT of group damage (Calyx, Gatekeeper Kaleida), but is way twitchier and requires more detailed maintenance of soothing stream on tank with a small instant and 2 sec direct heals for other party members with some nice instant, cast and channeled aoe heals/hots.

I use both.

It's good to get a handle on Warden as it's one of the key souls for end game 10/20 man healing.
    Last edited by afoaf; 06-23-2011 at 09:23 AM.

So basically a Deep Warden could main heal many all content, even if it would be a lot harder and requires more concentrate approach to your soul

Telaran

Default Warden

Quote Originally Posted by Eliatron View Post
    So basically a Deep Warden could main heal many all content, even if it would be a lot harder and requires more concentrate approach to your soul
    Affirmative minus the "a lot harder"...it's just a different play style than 51 sent or the 34/32 pur/sent builds.
    Last edited by afoaf; 06-23-2011 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by afoaf View Post
    Affirmative minus the "a lot harder"...it's just a different play style than 51 sent or the 34/32 pur/sent builds.
    Let me dream about being a great gamer :P

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by afoaf View Post
    34/32 pur/sent is great for single target tank heals in encounters with nominal group splash damage (Rictus, Kalos) or when you want to tab out and read CNN during an encounter.

51/15 war/sent is strong for fights where there's a LOT of group damage (Calyx, Gatekeeper Kaleida), but is way twitchier and requires more detailed maintenance of soothing stream on tank with a small instant and 2 sec direct heals for other party members with some nice instant, cast and channeled aoe heals/hots.

I use both.

It's good to get a handle on Warden as it's one of the key souls for end game 10/20 man healing.

Yes, I just tested this in a raid rift. Warden is outstanding (51/15 war/sent), but they really borked us with this humongous mana nerf. If you are going to nerf the ever living crap out of our mana, then you should do it to Chloro's. The Chloro in our raid had essentially equal gear as I and out healed me by about 100 hps (his ~700 hps to my ~600 hps) out dps'ed me and had 100% mana at the end of the fight, where I was chugging pots and throwing Cascade every chance it was up.

Does Trion really hate us clerics that much?

Why the huge nerf?

Shield of Telara

I wouldn't run warden unless you have a decent tank. Hots pull aggro like crazy so you need to make sure they drop off between groups of mobs.

Otherwise warden/sent is godly, far more effective for 5 man healing.

Plane Touched

I run a 32/32/2 Sent/Ward/Puri .... I can heal T2's, raids, etc.....Gives you the serendipity and a big heal in HI, Divine Favor, group dmg mitigation, HoTs, orbs, etc.....pretty decent spec provided you have the stats to back it up as well.

Affinity - Dayblind
    50 Cleric - Ciru
    50 Rogue - Voraz
    50 Warrior - Guerrera
    50 Mage - Jasyere

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Afyael View Post
    I wouldn't run warden unless you have a decent tank. Hots pull aggro like crazy so you need to make sure they drop off between groups of mobs.

Otherwise warden/sent is godly, far more effective for 5 man healing.
    trick is to pre-bubble your tank then throw up your 4x soothing stream when tank has got aggro attention. Then start using Deluge once tank is dropping lower. Use Tidal surge healthing breath if he took massive damage too fast and you need oh shiet heals. Warden/sent is quite efficient for 5 man but 51 warden is good 2 if you know what you are doing. I would say 51 warden/15 sent has the one of the steepest learning curves for healing, and requires a lot of focus and really worries on prebuffing members so they never have to get near death as they lack combat rez. Orb of stream on tank, Orb of tide on party members before fights makes fights easy. touch of the light + Orb of tide on party member taking damage godly also. And also unless you have great gear, dropping off the 4x soothing stream on tank in middle of heals can be disastrous.

Rift Disciple

I haven't even hit 40 yet but I gotta say I love warden / sent. Single-target healing in dungeon runs is fun because you can snooze-fest with most tanks by just using warden hots or you can change it up by using castables. And, you always have the ripple for a no-brainer oh-**** moment.

Edit for the posts above mine - I find I don't get that much aggro if I KEEP the four stacks of SS on my tank refreshed at all times. Maybe I'm just lucky in my tanks? I dunno... It saves a metric buttload of mana by just casting SS once every 10-12 secs. I dunno... sure seems to work for me. I almost never take aggro.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 06-23-2011 at 11:38 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I haven't even hit 40 yet but I gotta say I love warden / sent. Single-target healing in dungeon runs is fun because you can snooze-fest with most tanks by just using warden hots or you can change it up by using castables. And, you always have the ripple for a no-brainer oh-**** moment.

Edit for the posts above mine - I find I don't get that much aggro if I KEEP the four stacks of SS on my tank refreshed at all times. Maybe I'm just lucky in my tanks? I dunno... It saves a metric buttload of mana by just casting SS once every 10-12 secs. I dunno... sure seems to work for me. I almost never take aggro.

You have a tank that opens up with some sort of decent AOE pull then. Cleric Tanks are the only ones that really lack in this department unless they get Cabalist off speced in. One day you will meet a tank that will not AOE pull and you will get starting Healer agro in which you when then prob just start the habit of pre bubbling first to solve that issue. I never found mana an issue with 51 Warden Unless its drawn out long AOE intense fights and lack Heroic Mana Tonics.

I'm gonna try it, to see how it works, it's gonna take some time maybe, but it's worth it to try new things

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast