+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I feel squishy

Default I feel squishy

So yesterday i had roughly 22% parry today i have 9.8% using the same gear but i gained some dodge, my rebuke is broken and i am no longer paryr capped and healers are struggling to keep me alive what's up it can't just be me feeling like a clothie using t2/gs:b gear.

Rift Disciple

How did you manage to bypass the 20% parry cap yesterday? I am intrigued.

As with most of the posts like this, yesterday you had 20% parry, not 22%. Likely your mitigation is higher now than it was before, if only marginally - given your gear sources.

Rebuke didn't work before yesterday neither did Thorvin's Law, so in actual fact anyone geared in T2 or better has equal or more defensive prowess.

Nah its no where near from what it was yesterday hard to say if it was the chloro or me but i felt i was on 30% ish health 24/7 and pulls with more then 3 mobs turned into a blow all cooldowns to survive scenarios.

Yes i had roughly 22. insert something parry yesterday left today with 9.8ish % 9.2ish dodge thats not splitting my parry value from pre patch with 11.7k hp selfbuffed and 11+ k armor cant give exact values right now i just asked if anyone else felt they been taking alot more damage after the patch.

1) Parry and Dodge have been capped at 20% since launch. It might list as 22, but it was effectively capped at 20.

2) From what you're listing, you have 19% current mitigation compared to ~23% before (assuming you had 3% dodge from gear already). So you're taking 4% more physical damage and the same magical damage as before.

You can read the tanking guide for more help.

Quote Originally Posted by Denyus View Post
    Nah its no where near from what it was yesterday hard to say if it was the chloro or me but i felt i was on 30% ish health 24/7 and pulls with more then 3 mobs turned into a blow all cooldowns to survive scenarios.

Yes i had roughly 22. insert something parry yesterday left today with 9.8ish % 9.2ish dodge thats not splitting my parry value from pre patch with 11.7k hp selfbuffed and 11+ k armor cant give exact values right now i just asked if anyone else felt they been taking alot more damage after the patch.
    Chances are the chloro wasnt familiar with the huge revamp chloros got, completely changing their playstyle.

Overall my avoidance has gone up though. i used to be ~21-22% parry and now im at 11.1% parry and 9.88% dodge with 625 block rating. With raid buffs itll be an even bigger increase since no parry cap to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmiroth View Post
    Rebuke didn't work before yesterday neither did Thorvin's Law, so in actual fact anyone geared in T2 or better has equal or more defensive prowess.
    I know rebuke didnt wokr on pts or on live, but Thorvins doesnt work? I cant remember if it had its own buff on the pts, i beleive it did, but maybe they decided to just roll it into the precept buff. Havent tested any numbers on it

It could have very likely been the chloro too. He might not have the ideal spec now that they've revamped chloro healing. Anyways, like others have said you shouldn't be any more squishy than you were before 1.3.

Also, I think you dropped these.
    (box of periods)

Nevermind just did a duel with dots. Necro/locks Dark touch did 64, necrosis did 60 dmg. Each and every tick.

Made sure no new/old buffs changed, he recast, they still ticked for same and i did precept on him. Dmg changed in middle of the dot duration:
    64->57
    60->52

Champion

i wondered the same thing, thorvins works.

there is no UI indication, there is no character panel indication but it does work.

dueled and had a dot placed on my just like quiet did and noticed the same thing. as soon as precept fell off, the dots increased in damage.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

Rift Disciple

Why is your dodge/parry/block and health so low in full t2 tank gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponytoucher View Post
    Why is your dodge/parry/block and health so low in full t2 tank gear?
    I don't really get what you mean by low hp but the mitigation isnt what it used to be no.

cmi
    Soulwalker

Tbh I somehow felt the same yesterday. I'm pretty much all t2-equipped (besides the legs which are still the blue from IT because of the block and the lack of plaques (almost got enough for the t2 ones)) - not full "best of the best t2" (missing the tank mace and wand, and using the blue AP-shoulders) but tanking t2 used to be very relaxed till yesterday. Think I never used my "o****"-button as often as yesterday. We made it through runic decent in the end, but it *felt* like I was almost overwhelmed by trash mobs which I tanked way more relaxed some days ago - especially all groups >3 elite mobs.

I still run my "old" setup (38/18/10 jus/sha/inq) so at least this is comparable. Healer isn't one I run often with, so maybe he was the reason, I dunno.

It's not a "QQ" or something, just some strange personal feeling like Denyus stated.

Soulwalker

Don't know if it is a visual bug or not.

While tanking xCC yesterday night i noticed somethign strange. I was getting a lot more "Hits" than "Blocks". When i checked my Stats tab i saw that even though i had the buff of "Precept of Refuge" on me my block percent was 23%. I thought well it might be a visual bug and continued tanking. But on one of the pulls suddenly I started getting "Blobked - Blocked - Blocked - Parry -Blocked ..." combat texts instead of "Hit - Hit - Parry - Hit - Block - ..." i was getting. I immediately checked my stats tab in character screen and there my block rating was "43% ( 23 + 20) ". So it might actually be a bug related to Precept of Refuge not always giving the block bonus that makes us feel squishy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast