+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NO parser = you are a noob.

Soulwalker

Default NO parser = you are a noob.

I can't tell you how many times i see this in "Check out my spec" posts....

If you are posting your "leetzor spec' , don't do it without parser data.

Otherwise, all you have to back up your claims is conjecture and theory.

This doesnt help anyone and only makes you look like a happy kitten when someone with a parser actually tests your build and clowns you with the results.
    Last edited by Walsingham; 06-24-2011 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Language

Soulwalker

Default OR...

Quote Originally Posted by Heokin View Post

This doesnt help anyone and only makes you look like a happy kitten when someone with a parser actually tests your build and clowns you with the results.
    Well some of us are either:

A.) Too lazy to video it, upload the video, create a link to the video, and post link in forum.

B.) Won't do a screenshot because of above reason.

C.) All we really have for anything is conjecture and theory. Gravity can be measured, we have the exact ratio of how fast objects fall (terminal velocity)... but Gravity is still a "theory". We still actually have problems explaining exactly how the phenomena occurs. (See String Theory documentaries, they hit this topic alot.)

I'm also too lazy to do any of these OR post a link to the statement I made above, you're just going to have to take it as a theoretical solution. =D
    Last edited by Walsingham; 06-24-2011 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Grr...

Ascendant

Actually the parser does very little in determining viable PvP specs... and if you specced for PvP soley based off of a parser, then you most likely suck.

Since anyone that plays this game for PvE strictly is a noob anyways, because it takes absolutely no skill to farm scripted PvE content after the first pass or too ....I think you are the one looking that way.
    Last edited by Walsingham; 06-24-2011 at 11:24 AM. Reason: language
    Irony - Pathiss

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Heggy View Post

A.) Too lazy to video it, upload the video, create a link to the video, and post link in forum.

B.) Won't do a screenshot because of above reason.

C.) All we really have for anything is conjecture and theory. Gravity can be measured, we have the exact ratio of how fast objects fall (terminal velocity)... but Gravity is still a "theory". We still actually have problems explaining exactly how the phenomena occurs. (See String Theory documentaries, they hit this topic alot.)

I'm also too lazy to do any of these OR post a link to the statement I made above, you're just going to have to take it as a theoretical solution. =D

I like that you think outside the box but its a little bit of a stretch comparing gravity and string theory to a game that has static reactions to build and rotation lol
    Beat, Defiant, Mage of Deepstrike
    Beet, Guardian, Cleric of Belmont

RIP Emberlord may you be ascended in another life.

Sword of Telara

Dear forumites:

by coming up with ideas that work for you, but not substantiating them to a clinical degree, you are announcing yourself to the world as a noob.

i demand that anyone making suggestions to help others work at it so hard that it becomes a job. This is a game, ladies and gentlemen, it is about maximum efficiency and superiority, it is not about fun.

I would thank you, but you dont deserve it.

Sincerely,

OP
    Last edited by Corebot; 06-23-2011 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenn View Post
    Actually the parser does very little in determining viable PvP specs... and if you specced for PvP soley based off of a parser, then you most likely suck.

Since anyone that plays this game for PvE strictly is a noob anyways, because it takes absolutely no skill to farm scripted PvE content after the first pass or too ....I think you are the one looking that way.
    This... ^^^^^^

I'll take my no-macro, no-parser character and you take your macro'd parsed one and we'll see who's left when the dust settles. :P

Z

The Order of the Silver Hand is recruiting! Dayblind - Guardian - www.TheOrderoftheSilverHand.com

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Znick View Post
    This... ^^^^^^

I'll take my no-macro, no-parser character and you take your macro'd parsed one and we'll see who's left when the dust settles. :P

Z
    I'll take people who can move out of the fire 50% of the time :P

Rift Master

Depends on the context of the build, parsers are a tool to help determine if it really is good as what you thought, it isnt the be all and end all of arguments or even shows the skills it takes or what skill the user has.

With my healing build I can blow massive heals and have greater throughput than most healing builds, but when I introduce it to others they always have low healing and fail at using it. That has nothing to do with the parser and more to do with the persons play style and skills.

Anyway I don't know why you would be agitated by it so much that you feel need to rant about it.

Prophet of Telara

People should also remember that parsers provide way more data than just how much DPS you have, so they are far from useless from a PvP stand point.

Either way, most people are just terrible players so almost everyone coming up with some stupid named build and posting it on the forum is:

#1 Posting a ****ty build.
    #2 Posting a ****ty build someone already posted.
    #3 Posting a viable build with ****ty alterations.

That pretty much sums up almost every single post-a-build.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Phage View Post
    People should also remember that parsers provide way more data than just how much DPS you have, so they are far from useless from a PvP stand point.

Either way, most people are just terrible players so almost everyone coming up with some stupid named build and posting it on the forum is:

#1 Posting a ****ty build.
    #2 Posting a ****ty build someone already posted.
    #3 Posting a viable build with ****ty alterations.

That pretty much sums up almost every single post-a-build.
    Alright Phage, some people are proud of their ****ty builds lol.

It takes time to test all viable combinations, you can't expect everyone to be at the same level. However I find it strange when people post 'My build is the best!' when they have'nt really thoroughly tested it...

Prophet of Telara

Having the word noob in your title make you look ike a happy kitten
    Last edited by Walsingham; 06-24-2011 at 11:24 AM. Reason: language

wow players are bad
    players from AoC, DAoC, UO EVE and WAR do not use parsers

My only conclusion is that the same leet doods who use parsers and cry for lfg tools are the same kids from wow that are horrid players anyway.

block parsers and block the ability to cast spells through macros and watch the kiddies cry! oh what a great day it would be

Quote Originally Posted by Heggy View Post

Just don't confuse the word "theory" with "hypothesis" when we're talking about concepts like gravity. There is not much conjecture when it comes to Gravity.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    wow players are bad
    There is a very common misconception that somehow WoW invited parsing or somehow caused it to become mainstream. This isn't really true, as many games before WoW and those since have all had parsers built for them, pretty much, including a couple of the games you name. What WoW did, though, was be so f'ing huge that tons of people played the game, and so anything that was a part of WoW gained exposure.

I have no idea about UO or EVE and I don't remember DAoC well enough to know if it was used back when I played the game, but there is a DAoC Log parser now, people used parsers in WAR (or combat meters or whatever since you can run one with an addon I think), and AoC had parsers when it started but I have no idea if any are still being kept up.

In a quick google look up, there is a parser for EVE but I have no idea if anyone uses it.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    wow players are bad

My only conclusion is that the same leet doods who use parsers and cry for lfg tools are the same kids from wow that are horrid players anyway.

block parsers and block the ability to cast spells through macros and watch the kiddies cry! oh what a great day it would be
    Sure WoW is CareBear Central, but who the hell are you to sit here and act holier than thou? There are crappy players form all games. If you yourself are leet pro ubber skillzgod 2.0 premium then grats, but don't act like that means anything. Its a game, grats you can put on your resume that you are pwn nubs. I'm sure you'll get a great job at McDonalds with that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast