+ Reply to Thread

Thread: plz comment on my pvp specs im considering!!

Soulwalker

Default plz comment on my pvp specs im considering!!

Okay atm im lvl 38 and wanting to pvp but not sure which build i should go with

Healing: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...tMqz.E0x0bo.xx

range dps: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00orj.EtAqtAkdk.Vuz.V

im just not sure which one to go wth my current build is a shaman 44/justicar 18/sent 4 build not sure if i should drop for the two pvp builds. Plz comment and advise me on this.

In my experience cleric is not the class to go by if you wanna do dps in pvp.

Go for the heal spec in my opinion.

EDIT:
    Note that you wont be able to use the templar part until level 50 by the way.
    Last edited by Noer; 06-23-2011 at 06:34 AM.

Soulwalker

thats okay since im 38 and just pvping to get some favor early on! well dps was an option not sure like said my melee shaman was just bait as most know lol. I just need a good spec to get some favor early on.

Soulwalker

DPS is not something u should really strive for as a cleric in pvp especially at your level.. I would get used to healing because really.. that's all a cleric is worth. Even then, you are going to be pigeon holed into a warden spec. Purifier specs suck due to lack of mobility to cast its big spells to keep you alive. Sentinal specs, while effective to cover AOE healing is mana intensive. Your ranged dps is sub par at any level. A high cabby spec is the only thing you will be able to run and not get trained around like a clown. Even then, without valor gear, your just another Favor pinata to break open. SO enjoy what ever sense of empowerment a low level gives you because, at 50, that all changes.
    Last edited by Heokin; 06-23-2011 at 07:10 AM.

I'd say those specs are pretty good, honestly.

Ignore the "Clerics shouldn't go DPS" comments. Any time you enter a warfront with anything other than a full heal spec, people will insult you and all that. Just ignore that, too.

Your big problem with the DPS spec is you will probably not live long unless you are on a team that is dominating, anyway.

Without getting too far off track, Clerics make excellent hybrid heal/DPS classes, so do not overlook that.

Justicar combined with Inquisitor and/or Sentinel will give you a robust heal/DPS/survivable build. 20 points in Jsuticar gets you lots of armor, -15% damage reduction, and some great healing power as long as you are DPSing with Life Magic.

I am actually not a big fan of "pure" PVP builds for Clerics. In my warfronts, I generally have about an equal amount of healing and DPS at the end....sometimes I need to DPS, sometimes I need to heal. Being able to do both is more important to me than having a pure build one way or the other.

I do play with folks who run pure builds and are very good. I just wanted to point out that you can run hybrids that are very effective.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Soulwalker

do have a recommended spec for a hybrid spec or ur pvp spec?

Plane Walker

I would take 5 points in templar in either spec. Beyond that, its totally up to you. I prefer Sent/Justicar for pvp healing because of the better survivability. I prefer Inq/Just for dps/healing hybrid, again because of the better survivability. But warden/sent is good and 51 cabalist can be good. It really depends on your playstyle, there is no single right answer. I like lots of instant spells and thats what my specs give me, i also like aoe heals rather than single target and my spec shines for that.
    Eol, Chloromancer and Justinian, Inquistor, Guardians of Faeblight.
    Previous incarnations include: Camring and Camran, SWTOR; Ceol & Duri - LotRO; Eol - L2; Kili - WoW; Camring - SWG; Justinian, Camring - DAoC

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Nyteshroud View Post
    do have a recommended spec for a hybrid spec or ur pvp spec?
    i suggest trying the duracell build or one of its variants. I was inq/just/sham for a while on one of my clerics at low levels. once you have 2 of the 3 mana regain abilities, you are near-impossible to kill, can do great dmg, and heal. you burn through mana but you regenerate it extremely well.
    just some basic things, i like to take inq at LEAST to the knockback, get the fear or go even higher if you enjoy inq flavor. justicar the more you put in the more of a beating you can take. personally i upgrade even justice and grab damage reduction if i have the pts but no higher. shaman i just get Jolt.

it's a great leveling build for pve, it works wonders in pvp (people will think you're cheating) and if you are slick with righteous mandate you can compentently (sorta) heal. or just spam group heal and people won't complain in pvp. if they do, tell them to heal themselves.

Rift Disciple

no point in worrying about a lvl 50 build till your lvl 50, for a good durable build that lets u do everything, try this at lvl 38. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...iL.VuMo.Voxzco

+ Reply to Thread