+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Purifier's shield broken

Telaran

Default Purifier's shield broken

No matter how many points I put in Purifier, the tooltip always show the same number, if this is the tooltip that are just broken, or none of the Purifier incress to shield are working I dont know.
    I so hope it is only the tooltip.

but I do like to know how much I shield my target for, so I can compare builds, without having to go do alot of testing and math.

tooltip is wrong son
    be your own man and do your own testing before crying wolf, it will make you stronger and more informed in the end.

Telaran

Well that clears it up wich part is broken, but it is still broken.

Well some of us dont like doing ton of testing, I pay to play the game, I see it is broken, i bug report it, wich I have done a long time ago, but seem their dont want to fix tooltip.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGame View Post
    Well that clears it up wich part is broken, but it is still broken.

Well some of us dont like doing ton of testing, I pay to play the game, I see it is broken, i bug report it, wich I have done a long time ago, but seem their dont want to fix tooltip.
    I dunno if you know this, but all of your heals are broken too.

Tooltips don't adjust for talents or spellpower or essence bonuses.

Telaran

no but with heals you can atlest cast it on something and see in the log how big it was.
    I know that tooltip of the ability is broke, never show realy damage/healing, but talking about the tooltip on buff bar.
    and tooltip for shields shoud be easy, it is a fix nr, based of spell power and points spent in the soul, it never crits or have a good or bad hit, it is always the same.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGame View Post
    no but with heals you can atlest cast it on something and see in the log how big it was.
    I know that tooltip of the ability is broke, never show realy damage/healing, but talking about the tooltip on buff bar.
    and tooltip for shields shoud be easy, it is a fix nr, based of spell power and points spent in the soul, it never crits or have a good or bad hit, it is always the same.
    Mechanically tooltips function identically in all cases. Just like how your debuffs or HoTs never say the right amount either.

It's not really an easy fix because it's something that has to be calculated each time you cast a spell thanks to temporary changes in spellpower etc which is obviously not how the tooltips were designed to function. This could be significant development effort for very little benefit. Imagine in a 10 man raid having to update the tooltips everytime someone casts anything.

Telaran

dreamex well thier did inclued so the game only shows basestats with all gear, insted of before where it just show the stats from lvling and gear+anything els was buff stats.

A tooltip that just show the nr by you basestats and points spent in soul woud be nice.
    As current the is no easy why to see how much you shield ppl for, but easy to see how much you heal and how much you damaged.
    Last edited by MegaGame; 06-23-2011 at 06:21 AM.

The shield is not broken. The tooltip is. I confirmed it by manually calculating the shields from combatlog.

Sitting at base SP of 1311 without buffs, the tooltip said something like 830dmg but the actual absorption is 1267. 51 puri.

i also wondered this in a post, but its intended and i understand how this could be alot of work to implement like the way we would want it, considering there is alot of other issues more important that this. Heals dont do the exact same everytime, and u get buffs/debuffs and it changes again, this would be needing quite some work to implement to update it every single time for like an entire raid or all the ppls on a server...

Quoted from my post:

Tooltips can't reflect the actual damage absorbed because it would have to update based on your current spellpower. There's already a thread on this.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-shield-broken
    Last edited by Ixpha; 06-23-2011 at 09:55 AM.

+ Reply to Thread