+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Witchstone/Weaponstone Nerf in 1.3

Shadowlander

Default Witchstone/Weaponstone Nerf in 1.3

Just got finished parsing our way through GSB.

Ran as Inquisicar on every fight, completely unbuffed stats of ~1230 SP / 775 SC. Damaging spells parsed between 49-66% crit rates.

Burning Witchstone (15%) parsed between 20-30 DPS on every boss fight.

This is a huge nerf from it's previous state. Anyone else have any numbers to compare?

Soulwalker

yea i was quite unimpressed to say the least in GSB tonight, my crit damage has been wiped out, BoD used to hit 3.5k when raid buffed, best i could get was 2.4k tonight, Sh from 3k crits to just over 2k. i dont know what they were thinking, thought my dps would go up but about 50 with the changes to lessers but its gone down 50-70.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by monda View Post
    yea i was quite unimpressed to say the least in GSB tonight, my crit damage has been wiped out, BoD used to hit 3.5k when raid buffed, best i could get was 2.4k tonight, Sh from 3k crits to just over 2k. i dont know what they were thinking, thought my dps would go up but about 50 with the changes to lessers but its gone down 50-70.
    i PROMISE you, a witchstone was not adding 1.1k damage to your BoD's. if you really saw that change (which i doubt, im pretty sure this is just one more case of QQ-exaggeration) then something else changed as well.
    Belmont - Order of Shadow - 5/5 4/4 4/4

Living off Mage tears since 2006

After looking over the parses myself, Burning Witchstones only provide an 18-20DPS increase which is negligible. Overall, it's very disappointing that they nerfed it but on the other hand, I guess I'm not forced to use staves any more though, not that that's much of a consolation. Wish I kind of knew ahead of time though so I didn't make a bunch of them thinking that they were going to remain the same. Great job, Trion /sarcasm.
    It will always baffle me that people would object to quality of life improvements and just blame it on being lazy.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by narr View Post

Ran as Inquisicar on every fight, completely unbuffed stats of ~1230 SP / 775 SC. Damaging spells parsed between 49-66% crit rates.

This is a huge nerf from it's previous state. Anyone else have any numbers to compare?
    Looking at parses for my fights as a melee cleric..roughly around 34 dps from weaponstone

38.5 dps on plutonus...funnily enough I managed a new personal record on plutonus even with the nerf.
    Gilg - 50 Guardian Cleric on Briarcliff
    Maximation
    We're recruiting active, competent raiders who enjoy being competitive while having fun!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by narr View Post

Yes, I feel a conspiracy going on as well! My Inquiscar has been parshing on Average 200-300 DPS lower on all fights and I cant figure out why yet. The witchstone nerf could be one but I think theres another factor that nerfed Inquiscar damage somehow as well.

Ascendant

The witchstone isn't 15% anymore, if you look at your staff when it has the witchstone it said something like has a change to add 310 (i can't remember the number not in game) to your damage spells.

Telaran

Yea witchstone acts as a "on chance" proc for Crit spells, its not even on every crit anymore. But I just dont think that a Witchstone alone accounted for 200-300ish extended DPS decrease on Inquiscar. Maybe the additive affects did it though, where a 15% loss in crit value scaled down all the other additives from our talents and lowered our damage tremendously.. not 100% sure since its hard to test out now that the witchstones are no longer the same.

Sez

You mentioned weaponstone, but everyone is talking about witchstones....

I checked the discription of my Whetstones, they looked exactly the same as pre-patch.

If that's the case, then only witchstones got nerfed.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post

I checked the discription of my Whetstones, they looked exactly the same as pre-patch.

incorrect. both of them got nerfed, in the same fashion
    Belmont - Order of Shadow - 5/5 4/4 4/4

Living off Mage tears since 2006

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post

Exquisite Whetstone =/= Massive Weaponstone.

Weaponstone and Witchstones got nerfed, Whetstones remain untouched

this is a big nerf. if anything after the nerfs to 2h in general weaponstones need a buff...

30-40dps from a massive stone isn't so massive. besides it's only for physical dmg... completely useless for Champ RB using mostly RB abilities.

Follow Me on Twitter
    Follow Nerds In Denial
    Officer of NiD | youtube Stream

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by devilryuji View Post
    this is a big nerf. if anything after the nerfs to 2h in general weaponstones need a buff...

30-40dps from a massive stone isn't so massive. besides it's only for physical dmg... completely useless for Champ RB using mostly RB abilities.
    I agree, this nerf is nasty. Why does Trion keep nerfing everything? The Whetstones are now overpowered. They are way better advantage for Dual Wielders when compared to the Weopon and Witchstones. They either need to buff Weaponstones and Witchstones again or nerf Whetstones....

+ Reply to Thread