+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rebuke doesn't work

Telaran

Default Rebuke doesn't work

It doesn't taunt, and it doesn't cause enemies to run at me. Am I missing something or is the skill just bugged? I see the debuff on the mob, but it does nothing.
    Last edited by Yavi; 06-22-2011 at 03:37 PM.

Soulwalker

Yeah, I was pretty irritated when I tested it today in eCC. The range seems much shorter than 7m (can't really tell because it doesn't really TAUNT anything) and it also doesn't stop any ranged mobs from casting, nor does it force anything to run towards me (obviously the melee mobs will run towards me anyway).

One thing I also noticed, is that for some reason it can only be cast when there is no mob targeted, which doesn't make any sense.

I thought the entire point of this extra taunt was to be on par with some of the warrior "pull" abilities for ranged casters, but as it stands, it's a huge waste @ 44pts.

I can't figure out what it does. It does seem useable at range, but it definitely didn't make an archer mob, a caster (elementalist) mob, or a bard mob run to me. It also seems to be an interrupt, but not a silence.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Killuminati21 View Post
    Yeah, I was pretty irritated when I tested it today in eCC. The range seems much shorter than 7m (can't really tell because it doesn't really TAUNT anything) and it also doesn't stop any ranged mobs from casting, nor does it force anything to run towards me (obviously the melee mobs will run towards me anyway).

One thing I also noticed, is that for some reason it can only be cast when there is no mob targeted, which doesn't make any sense.

I thought the entire point of this extra taunt was to be on par with some of the warrior "pull" abilities for ranged casters, but as it stands, it's a huge waste @ 44pts.
    Yep pretty broken.. also the great thing about it is at 3 seconds by the time any mob runs half way to you it's already on it's way back to the dpser who started aoeing or your healer.

Telaran

It appears all Taunts are having issues now.
    Lvl 50 Necro
    Shard: Gnarlwood
    Guild: Apocalypse

Quote Originally Posted by Skrumpy View Post
    Yep pretty broken.. also the great thing about it is at 3 seconds by the time any mob runs half way to you it's already on it's way back to the dpser who started aoeing or your healer.
    Not to mention it's a 1 minute cooldown and the range is ****. Sergeant's Order is an 8 second cooldown and a 20 meter range but is of course single target. Their group one (General's Order) is the same cd and duration but still a 20 meter range.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Paytheon View Post
    It appears all Taunts are having issues now.
    Oh that's somewhat relieving to hear. If the problem is an overall general mechanic the fix will probably happen quickly.

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Rift Team

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know we're aware of this. Right now it's basically just acting like a ranged taunt (the whole run-in functionality is broken). The fix for it should come in a hotfix sometime "soon".

The range seems much shorter than 7m
    Rebuke is a targeted AE with a range of 3-20 and a radius of 7. That means it cannot be cast on a target you are standing right next to.

Shadowlander

oh my a cleric dev siting.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Hey guys, just wanted to let you know we're aware of this. Right now it's basically just acting like a ranged taunt (the whole run-in functionality is broken). The fix for it should come in a hotfix sometime "soon".

Rebuke is a targeted AE with a range of 3-20 and a radius of 7. That means it cannot be cast on a target you are standing right next to.
    Zinbik, thank you for responding to this issue. Another issue has become apparent as well, comparing parses from last week to this week on Herald Gaurath's breath attack, it seems that Throvin's Law does absolutely nothing, as I take the same amount of damage with it as I did without it. I also tested a bit further, let him breath me without Precept of Refuge up only to reveal I didn't take any more damage than with it up, again coming to the conclusion it doesn't work.

ZIIIIINNNNBIIIIKKKKK!!!!

HI!

Missed ya buddy

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Yavi View Post
    Zinbik, thank you for responding to this issue. Another issue has become apparent as well, comparing parses from last week to this week on Herald Gaurath's breath attack, it seems that Throvin's Law does absolutely nothing, as I take the same amount of damage with it as I did without it. I also tested a bit further, let him breath me without Precept of Refuge up only to reveal I didn't take any more damage than with it up, again coming to the conclusion it doesn't work.
    Now I don't feel so bad that I've been trying to 2 handed tank everything.
    A little reading comprehension goes a long way.

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know we're aware of this. Right now it's basically just acting like a ranged taunt (the whole run-in functionality is broken). The fix for it should come in a hotfix sometime soon.
    Hey Zinbik! Nice to hear from you. Thanks for the response
    Cleric Tank -Guardian- Sunrest
    <Esti Efiu>

Plane Touched

Definitely seeing this too. Seems like anyone with a cast bar gets to ignore it and stay still to cast. Needs to be a 3s silence. It already doesn't affect players so adding a silence shouldn't do anything except for make it work.

From the PTS patch notes 6/13/11:
    * Rebuke: Now available as a 44 point root ability. Causes up to 5 enemies within 7 meters of the targeted enemy to run to and attack the Justicar for 3 seconds (for real this time). Does not affect players or player pets.
    So when does "for real this time" acutally mean for real this time?
    I sometimes get things right.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast