+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mace vs Staff

Soulwalker

Default Mace vs Staff

Is there a reason to use a mace over a staff? or is it just based on stats it gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Phatale View Post
    Is there a reason to use a mace over a staff? or is it just based on stats it gives?
    It depends on what your spec is. If you are talking healing, you should aim towards a hammer with a majority of wisdom and not focus. DPS I tend to use staff because it has focus, and I stack spell crit.

Soulwalker

I am currently level 26. Melee spec'd using justicar, shaman and druid. There is probably something more efficient as far as builds but, this build works for me currently. I just don't see many melee clerics using staves like I am.

Oh if you are low level take what you can.

I went through shield after totem after mace after.... you get it.

Just keep folloing your quests and take the best iteam it gives you. You wont have to worry about weopons until later in the game so I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Well I was using the Hammer that drops from the last boss in RD which is nice for either DPS or healing. I am now using a staff that drops from the 1st boss in GSB that has some really nice spell crit. I prefer dps or offheal/dps mainly.

You pretty much want to go for whatever helps you most. If your healing and a 1hand mace and Totem are more spell power then say a staff then go for that. Just take a look at the items and see what works out best for you.
    Stupid People P*** Me Off

Quote Originally Posted by Phatale View Post
    I am currently level 26. Melee spec'd using justicar, shaman and druid. There is probably something more efficient as far as builds but, this build works for me currently. I just don't see many melee clerics using staves like I am.
    Oh yeah for melee dps I run sham/druid/inq and I am currently using a staff so dont really matter. whatever gives you more spellcrit, intel and dps is what you want.

The only real difference it that you can put witchstones on a staff for more crit power.

Some staffs are itemized more for mages and some more for clerics. Some of the cleric itemized ones (more wis than int) have focus and some do not.

Quote Originally Posted by NatashaK View Post
    The only real difference it that you can put witchstones on a staff for more crit power.

Some staffs are itemized more for mages and some more for clerics. Some of the cleric itemized ones (more wis than int) have focus and some do not.
    Well wisdom and intel depends on what you mainly run as a cleric spec wise.....

+ Reply to Thread