+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Your though about patch 1.3?

Default Your though about patch 1.3?

Hi guys!

Was just wondering what the cleric community think about the new patch and the few changes that our calling get!

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mitrandir View Post
    Hi guys!

Was just wondering what the cleric community think about the new patch and the few changes that our calling get!
    Well, I for one love how Commitment was scheduled to be a 25 point branch ability and even had its icon moved up to that tier is still a 20 point ability.

my thoughts right now:

I WANT TO PLAY IT.

Soulwalker

Nebulous Haze is now a 25% casting increase.
    I mean... what more can a cleric ask for?
    Last edited by Eiria; 06-22-2011 at 11:35 AM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Radak's Avatar

I like how they thought that giving us a 10% non-physical damage mitigation would put us on par with warriors and rogues. But still leave us with taking more then 30% more magic damage.

I also like how strength is still the best stat even tough lots, if not all, justicar have told Trion that it is just wrong and makes no sense and should be fixed.

And of course they also didn't listen to a decent amount of justicars having single target threat problems when there is nothing to heal.
    Cleric tanking: Justicar guide | Justicar spreadsheet and item list
    Defence is as much a part of war as offense, the shield as important a tool as the sword.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Radak View Post
    I like how they thought that giving us a 10% non-physical damage mitigation would put us on par with warriors and rogues. But still leave us with taking more then 30% more magic damage.

I also like how strength is still the best stat even tough lots, if not all, justicar have told Trion that it is just wrong and makes no sense and should be fixed.

And of course they also didn't listen to a decent amount of justicars having single target threat problems when there is nothing to heal.
    Don't forget that you went from 235% spell power : defensive stats to 185% spell power : defensive stats. Sure am glad they reduced the scaling 50% because clerics were totally awesome before, right?

Soulwalker

For those wondering - in full ROS/GSB gear I had 25% parry
    On PTS yesterday, I was sitting at 12% parry and 10% dodge.

RIFT Community Ambassador Radak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phage View Post
    Don't forget that you went from 235% spell power : defensive stats to 185% spell power : defensive stats. Sure am glad they reduced the scaling 50% because clerics were totally awesome before, right?
    Ah but this is not true.
    We went from 30% as block to 30% as block so nothing changed there.

We also went from 195% as parry to 90% as parry and 60% as dodge.
    Now you have to note that 1 point of dodge gives 0.02369% dodge but 1 point of parry only gives 0.01618% parry. So dodge gives 46.4% more avoidance per point.

So if we calculate a parry from SP equivalent we would be looking at 90+60*1.4641=177.8%

So you went from 195% SP as parry (capped at 1236 parry from SP and strength combined) to 177.8%.
    Now most people will be slightly above the current cap of 20% and it will be a boost in avoidance for most people as a result. (You can currently reach the cap at T1-T2 gear with a few buffs)

Edit:
    My own stat currently in a raid: 20% parry (it's capped at 20% other wise I would have had 27%) and 4.5% dodge. For a total of about 24.5% avoidance
    My stats tomorrow with the patch 14.80% parry and 14.76% dodge for a total of about 29.56% avoidance.

My block remains unchanged at 61.48% chance @ 51.6% blocked amount. (855 block rating)
    Last edited by Radak; 06-22-2011 at 12:05 PM.
    Cleric tanking: Justicar guide | Justicar spreadsheet and item list
    Defence is as much a part of war as offense, the shield as important a tool as the sword.

Soulwalker

Default who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Mitrandir View Post
    Hi guys!

dont know cant play have not been able to log on for the las 5 hours so much for a hour patch bunch of losers

Shadowlander

I like the sound of the justicar tanking changes, but I'm going to have to see them in action before I decide if it was enough.

I'm extremely interested in testing the purifier changes myself, even though the numbers I saw bandied about in the test forum indicate it was only a minor buff.

The diminishing returns slapped onto mana regenration were disappointing, but most of my builds have mana-recuperation bulit into them so i'm not too cheesed off.

I was praying that the valor changes made it to live- but only because I would have enjoyed laughing at how ridiculous the Warfront's would have become...

Quote Originally Posted by Eiria View Post
    For those wondering - in full ROS/GSB gear I had 25% parry
    On PTS yesterday, I was sitting at 12% parry and 10% dodge.
    How much dodge did you have on live? Since the parry cap is 20% that extra 5% was doing nothing for you anyway, so it sounds like you got an extra 2% damage avoidance out of the deal. Honestly most justicars had no where else to go with parry so it was pretty much a wasted stat.

For the love of god they do need to fix the stat scaling though so that strength becomes less desirable than caster stats for us.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by sithballs View Post
    dont know cant play have not been able to log on for the las 5 hours so much for a hour patch bunch of losers
    wat

/10char

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Radak View Post
    We also went from 195% as parry to 90% as parry and 60% as dodge.
    Now you have to note that 1 point of dodge gives 0.02369% dodge but 1 point of parry only gives 0.01618% parry. So dodge gives 46.4% more avoidance per point.

So if we calculate a parry from SP equivalent we would be looking at 90+60*1.4641=177.8%

So you went from 195% SP as parry (capped at 1236 parry from SP and strength combined) to 177.8%.
    Now most people will be slightly above the current cap of 20% and it will be a boost in avoidance for most people as a result. (You can currently reach the cap at T1-T2 gear with a few buffs)

Edit:
    My own stat currently in a raid: 20% parry (it's capped at 20% other wise I would have had 27%) and 4.5% dodge. For a total of about 24.5% avoidance
    My stats tomorrow with the patch 14.80% parry and 14.76% dodge for a total of about 29.56% avoidance.

My block remains unchanged at 61.48% chance @ 51.6% blocked amount. (855 block rating)
    So...I need help trying to figure out my priorities here. I usually get stuck as support or heals, but my actual gear I've been collecting is for tanking T1s. (I have the toughness/focus for T2s, but I don't feel the rest of my stats are up to the challenge.)

I have badge chest, feet, and shoulders. I have epic T1 hands. I have epic crafted 1H, epic shield and wand (so 7 epics total), lvl 50 blue crafted pants, and the rest are blues with +Wis/Sp/End.

AP 653 / SP 611
    Dodge 406 (9.62%)
    Parry 653 (10.40%)
    Block 271 (13.16%)

Yesterday I had 20% Parry and about 1% Dodge, today I lost 10% Parry and gained 8.5% more Dodge for total avoidance of about 1% less than what I had before.

My runes are +10 Wis chest/head/mace/shield/wand, +10 Int legs/shoulders, +Parry on gloves, +End on feet.

I do have a max size planar focus with 4x Sleeping Giants, but that drops Dodge by ~1% and Parry by ~.3% and AP takes a 40 point loss. Not sure that's worth the extra ~70 Block.

For those of us trying to gear up, reaching the Parry cap seems like a very distant goal. Do I just keep stacking Wisdom until Parry gets to cap since it also benefits Dodge which has no cap? Your comment about reaching cap with T1-T2 gear feels pretty optimistic since I lost 10% of my Parry. My stats above are just with self-buffs and I'm 51 Justi, 10 Shaman, 5 Sent.

Advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by Organic; 06-22-2011 at 06:32 PM.

Rift Disciple

I went from 6% dodge, 21% parry and 18% block to 11% dodge 10% parry 18% block, havent tested it out yet though as i never been much for tanking and only do it when no one else can

Soulwalker

I am still trying to figure out why Doctrine of valiance was removed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast