+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is there any reason to use Deluge at all?

Soulwalker

Default Is there any reason to use Deluge at all?

To get 51 point warden I have to put 10 points into buffing a spell that even with its buffed effect from hots is not as effective as Healing Grace.

I would love to see it turned into a very large single target heal(In the range of Healing Invocation) even if it kept the cd, it would give us some better ability to if needed watch the tank besides 4stack HS. And change the reduced CD talent to a small chance on each cast to reset the CD on ripple. Not sure about others but ripple is my favorite spell between the healing specs.

If I am missing something please say it, atm I just replace Deluge with Healing grace on my bars.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Tystus View Post
    To get 51 point warden I have to put 10 points into buffing a spell that even with its buffed effect from hots is not as effective as Healing Grace.

I would love to see it turned into a very large single target heal(In the range of Healing Invocation) even if it kept the cd, it would give us some better ability to if needed watch the tank besides 4stack HS. And change the reduced CD talent to a small chance on each cast to reset the CD on ripple. Not sure about others but ripple is my favorite spell between the healing specs.

If I am missing something please say it, atm I just replace Deluge with Healing grace on my bars.
    Deluge heals for a lot. But only if you have 5-6 hots on your target. You also have to remember, that other souls don't get a bunch of Hots that are healing the tank wile they are casting their big heal. So its Deluge healing + the hots healing combined. Where as other souls its just one big heal. This and what the guy below me said.
    Last edited by Malbojia; 06-22-2011 at 10:24 AM.
    A little reading comprehension goes a long way.

You are missing something. Deluge hits with 2 heals, "deluge" and "revitalizing waters." If you are only reading the deluge line in your combat log, you are missing more than half the healing. It's WAY better than healing grace.

Granted I haven't tested this in game but Deluge (without HoTs) should heal the same as Healing Grace at about 1250SP. At about 1000, HG is 30pts higher. With 3 HoTs on the target (HS, HC, SS) you should be putting out a big heal, something like 450.

If you're looking at a DPS meter, you need to factor in Revitalizing Water, which is the after effect of Deluge.

Prophet of Telara

Deluge heals for a ton even without the full 51 points in warden. Particularly in black garden where hots are always stacked to the hilt on the carrier.

Soulwalker

No I had not noticed the second heal part of it, was just checking on the initial heal of it. thank you.
    Last edited by Tystus; 06-22-2011 at 10:39 AM.

Soulwalker

Crystal Vine and XXX Faesource greaters are also considered "your HoT's"
    With 4 stacks of Soothing Stream, Healing Spray, and Healing Current +1 or 2 greater HoTs, your Deluge heals are HUGE. Pop on a Tidal Surge for those emergencies and I'm pretty sure it hits harder than Healing Invo.

Plane Touched

Others have pretty much covered it, just wanted to add a few things.

Deluge and Healing grace have very similar coefficients and base values. Untalented, HG and Deluge will heal for approximately the same amount on the same cast time and are affected by SP in the same way.

However, as others have pointed out, Deluge can be boosted by an additional 30% from talents, and benefits from Revitalizing Water linearly as the # of HoTs on the target increases from 1-6. Revitalizing Water is also considered an instant cast spell and therefore receives a 15% bonus from Surging Rapids on top of all other effectiveness bonuses. With 6 HoTs, Deluge is in fact higher HPS than HI.

Also interesting, Healing Current is a more effective 2-second cast time single-target heal than Healing Grace (for situations when Deluge is on cooldown or your target has no HoTs). Talented, the difference between Deluge and HG is huge (~50%)

In short, don't ever use Healing Grace.

Also good reference: a thorough discussion on the relative benefits of HI vs Deluge for ward/sent rotations on our guild website, including some comparative maths.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Eiria View Post
    Crystal Vine and XXX Faesource greaters are also considered "your HoT's"
    With 4 stacks of Soothing Stream, Healing Spray, and Healing Current +1 or 2 greater HoTs, your Deluge heals are HUGE. Pop on a Tidal Surge for those emergencies and I'm pretty sure it hits harder than Healing Invo.
    ^ This.

I have had my Deluge crit for a total of 4.2K and higher, and that's WITH serendipity proc'ed, pretty nice.
    Last edited by Guerrero; 06-22-2011 at 12:43 PM.

Affinity - Dayblind
    50 Cleric - Ciru
    50 Rogue - Voraz
    50 Warrior - Guerrera
    50 Mage - Jasyere

Soulwalker

Deluge should restack your hots when cast or at least restack SS that would make it sooooo awesome.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by kaospilot View Post
    Deluge should restack your hots when cast or at least restack SS that would make it sooooo awesome.
    that would not be awesome. that would be imbalanced :P

Soulwalker

I think it would be ok if it just did SS it works in other games and would add would keeping SS on the tanks a lot easier.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by kaospilot View Post
    I think it would be ok if it just did SS it works in other games and would add would keeping SS on the tanks a lot easier.
    if that was the case, you would gain a massive amount of healing because your rotation in a warden/sent would include 1 extra HI (instead of refreshing SS you would do a 1.5sec HI) and in the pure 51warden you would be able to do 1 more Deluge.

to top that, you could easily then do a ripple->4xSS and through a rotation of deluge->hc->deluge->hc by changing target's keep 5 hots permantly up to 3-4 people with a deluge bonus every 1 full rotation to each.

that would be OP as hell:P
    Last edited by shroudb; 06-23-2011 at 12:29 AM.

Rift Disciple

also with the ripple effect added to deluge it's great a great group heal.

Rift Disciple

one thing that does make healing invocation good tho is that when combined with "touch the light" you have an instant butt saver spell if you don't already have all those hots ticking.

but of course TtL with ripple and tidal surge and deluge is nice for a quick strong group heal also

+ Reply to Thread