+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranged DPS?

Shadowlander

Default Ranged DPS?

Hello,

Im currently using the Duracell Cleric build for questing and also has a bit of a hybrid dps with off heal in experts, I then have a healing spec for main healing experts, and the 31/24/11 build for DPS in experts and raids.

I was looking for the "best" ranged DPS spec for none melee friendly fights. I was looking at Cabalist but worked out this is sub-par dps but ok for PVP due to the sigil stuns silences etc. I have tried a few cominbations 51/10/5 Inq/cab/sent and another with 41 inquistor and move in cab and sent. I know they are all below the melee builds dps but can anyone tell me the best ranged spec with rotations?

Thanks.

Prophet of Telara

i use 51inq/10sent/5warden

with 10sent having 16% crit damage instead of 20% and the last point into shards of light.

the rotation is use for pure range is:
    sh/vex as 1st priority every 15sec
    then boj spam till bod proc
    then either 1 nysyr (if it's off the cd) or 1 shards of light
    then repeat

I use a very similar build but with my 10th point in sentinel to increase crits. I'll test out shards of light, I never really considered using it tbh. Hopefully it'll net me some extra dps.

Where you use shards of light, I use aggressive renewal and harsh discipline. Irrc, Nysyr's doesn't tick on application so you only get 3 ticks of damage instead of 4 like other channeled abilities.... but I might be thinking of a different ability. I'll test it again.

Tested it again - it's harsh discipline that's garbage.

From looking at the parse, I think you're better off with 10 sent being 5 into increasing crits. Use the 51 point channel and aggressive renewal. Aggressive renewal is about the same damage as shards, but you get the mana back. Downside is the recast, but if you're keeping the soul drain debuff up then it shouldn't be an issue.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by WildmanUK View Post
    Hello,

Im currently using the Duracell Cleric build for questing and also has a bit of a hybrid dps with off heal in experts, I then have a healing spec for main healing experts, and the 31/24/11 build for DPS in experts and raids.

I was looking for the "best" ranged DPS spec for none melee friendly fights. I was looking at Cabalist but worked out this is sub-par dps but ok for PVP due to the sigil stuns silences etc. I have tried a few cominbations 51/10/5 Inq/cab/sent and another with 41 inquistor and move in cab and sent. I know they are all below the melee builds dps but can anyone tell me the best ranged spec with rotations?

Thanks.
    Check out my signature, should provide you with the answers you need.

+ Reply to Thread