+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mana issues coming

Rift Chaser

Default Mana issues coming

Suck it up!!! Its a rough road ahead....

Drunk

Rift Master

At least in PvP its not even close to what it should be, a healing Cleric will still have endless mana.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    At least in PvP its not even close to what it should be, a healing Cleric will still have endless mana.

Im assuming you haulling around 100+ mana pots?

Honestly i doubt it will be as rough a situation as some folks are making it out to be. The main change will be adjusting to a more INT based environment at the higher levels provided your wisdom is at the 450/500 mark since after that the drop off makes stacking it kinda worthless.

I already NEVER have to use mana pots in nearly any PvE situation or spec (and i roll using 4 different PvE specs) and in PvP i roll with an endless mana spec that wont be affected at all. If this change forces me into using mana pots then so be it. Am i happy with the changes?.. no not really. It makes AoE healing outside of Doctrine of Loyalty even more useless most of the time.

As of yet Trion has kinda failed the clerics when it comes to the adjustments they really need.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    You are clueless. The only way to get mana back as a 'healing' cleric is a 2 minute cooldown ability that returns 15%.

If by endless you mean ....drinking pots everytime they are off cooldown and breaking combat to drink everytime some idiots spams AE at a chokepoint forcing you to AE heal, then I guess you sorta have a point.
    Irony - Pathiss

Quote Originally Posted by Covenn View Post
    You are clueless. The only way to get mana back as a 'healing' cleric is a 2 minute cooldown ability that returns 15%.

If by endless you mean ....drinking pots everytime they are off cooldown and breaking combat to drink everytime some idiots spams AE at a chokepoint forcing you to AE heal, then I guess you sorta have a point.
    Not entirely correct. There is several specs that allow you to dps and aoe heal effectively and have multiple mana regen tools. I often roll with a Shamicar style build and outheal any "pure" healer with pretty impressive aoe healing. So you can still be a reasonably effective "healing" cleric and have an endless mana spec.

Now that said, i get what your saying. If your in a true pure heal spec then yea.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Covenn View Post

When I heal, I use one of three specs. 34sent/32Ward, 51 Purifier/15sent, and the classic Senticar AoE spec. I NEVER use mana pots with any of them, and only one of them has the warden mana return spell. I healed our very first Alsbeth kill using 51 point Purifier, and it took us 17:45 seconds (15 seconds short of enrage), and never dropped below 50% mana, without using a single mana pot. I healed all of GP just this week using 34sent/32ward, and the only boss I had to use a mana pot on was the last one, after 2 stupid deaths. If you are have mana problems in raids, then you, and/or your raid is doing something wrong.
    Last edited by Kulltiras; 06-22-2011 at 08:43 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    Not entirely correct. There is several specs that allow you to dps and aoe heal effectively and have multiple mana regen tools. I often roll with a Shamicar style build and outheal any "pure" healer with pretty impressive aoe healing. So you can still be a reasonably effective "healing" cleric and have an endless mana spec.

Now that said, i get what your saying. If your in a true pure heal spec then yea.
    i hear 400 dps helps in pve
    and i hear shamans can live past 2-3 spells in pvp

Rift Disciple

.....ok so i just got to 50 and for the first time in any mmo I am trying a healing spec thats not for dps. How do you manage your endo issues? Please post your spec so I can have less issues as well. Still learning and I actually find it kinda fun except my server has the worst guarding pvp players ever. Its hard to keep them alive when they are running around trying to out dps everyone else and lose sight of the objective. I was running Ward/Sent and just using the lvl 50 heal/endo pots you buy for like 21silver between heals. They can be used pretty much anytime if you do not attack anyone. So far its been very successful. So any help would be appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread