+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heal spec for T2?

Telaran

Default Heal spec for T2?

What heal spec can solo heal T2 without any support? I have a guildie that does it all the time and he refuses to tell me his build or macro set up.

I have been using 32 pur 32 sent 0 warden and I can not seem to single heal some of the fights he can make look easy.

Thanks for the help
    i7-960 3.20 OCed.... 12GB DDR3/1600MHz Triple Chanel Memory..... MSI X58A-GD45 mobo...... EVGA GTX 670 Super Clocked HD OCed..... 49" HD monitor.

I'd say it's time to find a new guild.

Z

The Order of the Silver Hand is recruiting! Dayblind - Guardian - www.TheOrderoftheSilverHand.com

Puri/Sent should be able to handle everything in T2 if your gear's good enough, though Ward/Sent might be better suited to AoE-heavy fights. Some fights require a decent rotation of cooldowns if you want to solo heal them, and are a big drain on mana reserves. I guess it largely depends on your gear and your tank's gear, but asking for a support healer for a small handful of fights is nothing to be ashamed of.

Which fights are you having difficulty with? I'm guessing something like the last bosses of expert CC and AP?

Telaran

exactly AP. I have not had trouble until this week and every run I feel I suck, tanking with my warrior or healing with my cleric. Not sure why but this week it just seemed that I sucked at AP period and yet this cleric can single heal both AP and CC. Tanked for him before and watched it .

As for the above, yea I know I need a new guild but that doesn't change how I feel about my abilities LOL
    i7-960 3.20 OCed.... 12GB DDR3/1600MHz Triple Chanel Memory..... MSI X58A-GD45 mobo...... EVGA GTX 670 Super Clocked HD OCed..... 49" HD monitor.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzies View Post
    What heal spec can solo heal T2 without any support? I have a guildie that does it all the time and he refuses to tell me his build or macro set up.

I have been using 32 pur 32 sent 0 warden and I can not seem to single heal some of the fights he can make look easy.

Thanks for the help
    I would offer to tank for the guy again and then check the log to figure out his build.

For the last boss of AP, when the party-wide AoE hits I do the following:
    1st time: Flashover + Touch the Light + Restorative Flame on the tank, then Healing Communion.
    2nd time: Fiery Blessing + Healer's Haste, Healing Breath the tank (or use Divine Call) then Healing Communion and top up the tank with RF
    3rd time: Flashover + Touch the Light
    4th time: Healer's Covenant, Healing Breath or shield the tank then Healing Communion.
    5th time: Flashover + Touch the Light

Healing Communion is mana intensive, so try not to use it except after the AoE. In general you should focus on bumping up the tank's health with one GCD (especially if his gear isn't great) and then turn to the rest of the party. Party members shouldn't die before you get a heal off unless they're standing in the laser beams (derp).

For Caelia in CC, prioritise getting a Healing Communion off as soon as you can after the knockback and then top up the tank, BUT always be alert for the debuff to cleanse (exactly how quickly she throws it out after the knockback varies each time). Cleansing is more important than continuing to group heal because that's what does the party damage here. You top people up so that and the 2-person nuke don't kill them straight out, but after those have both been used you have breathing room to top people up again. Make sure you have pets turned on in raid frames (press Y and tick the box) in case the debuff gets put on them.

Off the top of my head for Caelia I do something like:
    1st time: Touch the Light (if I'm not sitting on a Serendipity proc) -> Healing Communion
    2nd time: Divine Call
    3rd time: Touch the Light -> Healing Communion
    4th time: Healer's Haste -> Healing Communion
    etc.

I think I follow these up with another Healing Communion but I can't remember. Probably depends on how the crits have gone and who she hits with her spell. But this should give you a general idea of the cooldown rotation to get people topped up as soon as possible.

Soulwalker

Sent/Pur/Warden 32/21/13.
    I got life return, touch the light, HC, flashover, Searing Transfusion, Tidal surge, Healer's haste and latent blaze. all these oh **** button for really hairy times
    Macroed tidal surge to healing breath, touch the light + flashover to healing invocation, HC , HH and Searing transfusion together.
    I also macroed touch the light + flashover to healing communion for instant aoe heal together with divine call for 2 instant big aoe heals.
    Normally, Ill ward the tank and start healing flood to proc serendipity and protect the flock(to a lesser extend, 5% meh). I just find that serendpity procs way too often with healing flood, no idea why.
    I can keep a tank up, no problem by chain casting Healing invocation in T2. Sometime, a tank gota kite the boss like at the last boss of Runic Descent. When he enrages, Its really edgy when my tank tanks it instead of running away. Not all bosses are meant to be tanked I guess.

Bad thing abt this build is that you get no mana return skills, so i stock up on mana pots.

I do have an off spec of 51 warden for fights like Konstantine, the HOTS is enuff to keep the tank up.

Ascendant

You can solo heal EVERYTHING with Warden(51)/Sentinel(10)/Cabalist(5) and that was before they made the zones stupid-easy-mode. It does require a certain amount of SP to work well though. I had about 1100 SP in that build before I stopped playing my cleric.

+ Reply to Thread