+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dark Passage to Nowhere

Default Dark Passage to Nowhere

I pvp as a 51 Cab, 11 Inq, 4 Temp and as such my only real means of escaping a melee in my face, besides killing him, is "Dark Passage." However to often is the case that I will be standing next to a wall, rock face, or a small pebble on the ground that happens to be just big enough to block the los line "Dark Passage" draws, and be randomly teleported absolutly nowhere, and the melee is happy enough to finish me off after my spell fails me.

Does any other Cabalist find this to be a constant problem?

I would suggest either:

1. Stop letting "Dark Passage" choose the worst direction possible and randomly choose a better direction
    2. Take out the random and let it just be a back track teleport
    3. Let it consume my sigils so i can at least slow, silence, or stun them when it fails to take me anywhere (and hell while I am at it let it consume a lurking decay as well).

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Obliteration View Post
    I pvp as a 51 Cab, 11 Inq, 4 Temp and as such my only real means of escaping a melee in my face, besides killing him, is "Dark Passage." However to often is the case that I will be standing next to a wall, rock face, or a small pebble on the ground that happens to be just big enough to block the los line "Dark Passage" draws, and be randomly teleported absolutly nowhere, and the melee is happy enough to finish me off after my spell fails me.

Does any other Cabalist find this to be a constant problem?

I would suggest either:

1. Stop letting "Dark Passage" choose the worst direction possible and randomly choose a better direction
    2. Take out the random and let it just be a back track teleport
    3. Let it consume my sigils so i can at least slow, silence, or stun them when it fails to take me anywhere (and hell while I am at it let it consume a lurking decay as well).
    yep, Dark passage is the, "I hope this works button" :P I've accepted that as often as it saves me it kills me. Randomly teleporting 10 -15 meters away from a melee is only 3-5 steps before they are back in range and yes it seems that if there is anything near you it teleports you to that. I've actaully randomly teleported myself away from one guy into the middle of 4!

It is fun when it works though and you end up behind the warrior who was smashing you and he can't find you so he runs off and attacks someone else (that's about 1 out of every 10 teleports)

Rift Disciple

Will it ever teleport off the edge of a cliff? That would be worth a video...
    A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time. When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied, The one I feed the most.

Rift Master

One of the many bad skills clerics have.. please change

Haha yea, silly skill.

The trick is only to use it when you were going to die anyway. That way if it kills you then you have nothing to complain about

+ Reply to Thread