+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rage of the North - Shaman

Plane Touched

Default Rage of the North - Shaman

Last night this was 1 min cooldown. Today I looked to read the tooltip to my friend and it's 1 min, 30 sec? I checked ZAM and it's still 1 minute on there as well. So did the 31 talent point for shaman, rage of the north, get a ninja nerf to 1.5 min CD? Am I completely and utterly insane?

Champion of Telara

always been 90 seconds...
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Plane Touched

Meh, talking to another guy in game saying the same thing I am. It was definately 1 min (at least by the tooltip) for the past week, also shown by ZAM. Wasn't sure that they even did ninja changes, but apparently they do. Ah well. Early 1.3 change?

Shadowlander

It has definitely always been 90 seconds.

Yeah definitely always been 90 seconds. Never seen it as 1 minute myself, are you sure you didn't just miss the 30 second part? I used to use it to time 3 minute parses on the dummies so I'm sure it was 1.5 minutes.

IXI

It's been 90s for a while. It hasn't changed anytime recently.
    It's spelled "Riftdrawal", and yeah you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by IXI View Post
    It's been 90s for a while. It hasn't changed anytime recently.
    Then they might as well prolong its duration a bit...Anyway yes, ZAM still has it at 1 minute and I thought so as well.

It's a fun talent for burst dps, of course, but 7 seconds every 90 is just too short.

Qiu
    Soulwalker

yap, its def. to short. but i guess, this will never be changed

RotN's duration isn't too short, it's CD is too long. Anything longer than a few globals is really pushing it, espeically since in those 3 globals as a 48 sham/inq/sent I can **** out about 4k damage regardless of the target.

I went to click on very cute kitty in a town, I thought maybe they'd be an emote or the cat would meow, instead I murdered it... and looted a Cat Tear...
    This mace was made for swingin'
    So that's just what I'll do
    Pop Rage of the North and **** all over you

Its still useful. I love it in pvp for a quick heal or aoe dps burst. But yea i agree it should be a little longer, especially for both its cooldown length and location in the tree. Or... as the poster above said... shorten the cooldown. I would say 10 sec length with a 60 sec cooldown would be fair.
    Last edited by No_Exit; 06-22-2011 at 03:51 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    Its still useful. I love it in pvp for a quick heal or aoe dps burst. But yea i agree it should be a little longer, especially for both its cooldown length and location in the tree. Or... as the poster above said... shorten the cooldown. I would say 10 sec length with a 60 sec cooldown would be fair.
    LOL that would be so imba. 7 seconds is about right. 90 seconds is the closest 'rounded' number for the cool-down to be for it to be balanced. 60 seconds is quite short for a pop and 7 seconds of nuke ability.

Champion of Telara

if it did what the tooltip says then shorter cooldown may be warranted.

But, it guarantees crits of anything, not just melee abilities as it notes, and is quite powerful in its current incarnation.
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Ascendant

What it should do is lower GCD by 0.5s and increase crit damage by 30% for 4 seconds on a 30-45s cd. Or actually, if it caused all physical hits to deal an additional % of air damage modified by stormbourn it would actually be decent for PvE too.
    Last edited by Stimuz; 06-22-2011 at 06:59 AM.

Soulwalker

Not that it wouldn't be fun to go around raging more, but I think it would make clerics deal too much damage overall. I usually just use it as a burst down for pesky bubblers and healers after I get them weakened a bit, so they can't square back up. This event doesn't often occur more than once every minute and a half, so I'm okay with it.

+ Reply to Thread