+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Advice on PvP build

  1. #1
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default Advice on PvP build

    Hey ho Clerics. Mostly I'm just posting this so I can retrieve it from home when I get off work, but I'd also like some advice from fellow clerics. This is my wannabe inquisicar spec I want to try out. Am I doin it wrong? Tell me honestly. What would you remove or add?

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...0o.VuRsVee0o.b
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    97

    Default

    What are your pvp goals to heal to range dps or tank. This build is kind of confused looks like tank mainly which means melee range but you have inquisitor. I dont think you need mana regen on block.some of the other justicar abilities.

    Basically you'll take ok amt of damage but not deal much damage at all. And not heal very well either
    Beat, Defiant, Mage of Deepstrike
    Beet, Guardian, Cleric of Belmont

    RIP Emberlord may you be ascended in another life.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Russdog View Post
    What are your pvp goals to heal to range dps or tank. This build is kind of confused looks like tank mainly which means melee range but you have inquisitor. I dont think you need mana regen on block.some of the other justicar abilities.

    Basically you'll take ok amt of damage but not deal much damage at all. And not heal very well either
    I want survivability, but enough damage to make people want to attack me. Hence enough points in inquisitor to get fanatasism and soul drain, and enough points in justicar to keep myself alive long enough to get a bunch of people around me to use it. Then while that's on cooldown, basically range DPSing while not dieing to stealth rogues.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Chomag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    I want survivability, but enough damage to make people want to attack me. Hence enough points in inquisitor to get fanatasism and soul drain, and enough points in justicar to keep myself alive long enough to get a bunch of people around me to use it. Then while that's on cooldown, basically range DPSing while not dieing to stealth rogues.
    Dueled at level 28 a lot this assassin rogue, as the duracell build. He owned me everytime. Only beat him when I went justicar/sham with sword and board.

    Inq/justi has it even worse. Sorry but dps clerics aren't really the end of all hope you want them to be. I do better in wfs at 28 as rb/pala warrior than I did as duracell shamicar. Invincible 1v1. My record is 3 enemies within 1 minute. They just kept coming 1 by 1 to take the Vault in codex from me.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Dueled at level 28 a lot this assassin rogue, as the duracell build. He owned me everytime. Only beat him when I went justicar/sham with sword and board.

    Inq/justi has it even worse. Sorry but dps clerics aren't really the end of all hope you want them to be. I do better in wfs at 28 as rb/pala warrior than I did as duracell shamicar. Invincible 1v1. My record is 3 enemies within 1 minute. They just kept coming 1 by 1 to take the Vault in codex from me.
    Well I'm not a warrior so that's not really helpfull, but thanks anyway.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

  6. #6
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    97

    Default

    I would say either go more into inq like this
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...s0xz.Exzbxx0qz

    or go shaman and use strike of maelstrom for aoe
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...s0xz.Ee00t0shk

    if you must have soul drain you could always try the duracell build
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...iez0t0shk.Vxkb

    honestly souldrain is such a long cast unless you're going into pvp soul for decreased cast time after stun most people boot you or move before u get it off. best thing to do is vex a lot of people. and melee dps is higher dps but horrible survivabillity. everyone focus's melee and when they see RotN popped it's a hit me sign.
    Beat, Defiant, Mage of Deepstrike
    Beet, Guardian, Cleric of Belmont

    RIP Emberlord may you be ascended in another life.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    What's the build causing all the QQ about clerics? Maybe I'll enjoy that one till it gets nerfed.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Chomag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    What's the build causing all the QQ about clerics? Maybe I'll enjoy that one till it gets nerfed.
    This one
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...Ved0t0shk.Vxkb

    Not sure why, though. I have no issues with dps clerics as rb/pala and neither does my friend who plays an assassin rogue.

    Think it's more of a mage QQ issues.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    134

    Default

    I just go with a raid dps build in pvp. Usually end up top 2 killing blows and top 3 damage done. Line of sight, kiting, good macros/skill use, and target awareness are all good things.

    Ie: Focusing on a healer until they drop group healing for single target healing and start to make a break for it then switch to their highest dps and blow all of your reactives on them. Be aware of where your team is, dodge in and out of LOS until enemy ranged loses perspective and LOSs their healers for a fast gank. Identify places to ambush folks (you want to have 2 corners between you and the group but still have camera view). Flank attacks -- sometimes running around to the other side and jumping in the middle to drain soul, even if it doesn't go off, freaks out enough enemies they let up on their defensive AOEs and your side breaks through.


    Also, I'm not noticing that valor makes enough of a difference damage mitigation wise to offset max dps raid specs.

    At some point I should probably buy some pvp gear I've been favor capped for a long time

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts