Closed Thread

Thread: Best elite-soloing soul and cleric dps compare to rouge

Soulwalker

Default Best elite-soloing soul and cleric dps compare to rouge

Hello!
    I have three questions.

1. What is the best soul-combination to solo minor rifts lvl 40+. I am a duracell cleric atm and its nice but I still cant solo equal lvl elites. They hit way to hard. I assume its justicar + 2 healing souls? This would maybe work but be slooooow.

2. In a raid environment, about how much dps can the average cleric push out compare to the average rouge? Is it 80% of what a rogue can dish out? I see post on the forum with +800 dps club but while a equally geared rogue (t2 geared) should be able to push out ~1k dps.

3. How much worse is caster cleric dps compare to melee cleric dps?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeppen View Post
    Hello!
    I have three questions.

1. What is the best soul-combination to solo minor rifts lvl 40+. I am a duracell cleric atm and its nice but I still cant solo equal lvl elites. They hit way to hard. I assume its justicar + 2 healing souls? This would maybe work but be slooooow.

2. In a raid environment, about how much dps can the average cleric push out compare to the average rouge? Is it 80% of what a rogue can dish out? I see post on the forum with +800 dps club but while a equally geared rogue (t2 geared) should be able to push out ~1k dps.

3. How much worse is caster cleric dps compare to melee cleric dps?

Thanks in advance.

1) duracell should be able to solo equal level elites and minor rifts, if not then you might have to modify the build a little bit for more survivability

2) average cleric dps is slightly less than the average rogue, but clerics can bring dps and offhealing so they are much more versatile and beneficial to the group on the whole

3) caster cleric dps is between 40% and 60% less than melee cleric dps. inquisitor and cabalist dps is pitiful right now

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    1) duracell should be able to solo equal level elites and minor rifts, if not then you might have to modify the build a little bit for more survivability

2) average cleric dps is slightly less than the average rogue, but clerics can bring dps and offhealing so they are much more versatile and beneficial to the group on the whole

3) caster cleric dps is between 40% and 60% less than melee cleric dps. inquisitor and cabalist dps is pitiful right now
    Thank you for quick and concrete answear! I have to sit down and think about that build then.

Telaran

I solo most of regular AP (lvl 50 group mobs), some of CC, easy clear on lvl 50 minor rifts, clear most major if I get lucky with damage stones, and tank T1s with this spec (3 pieces of tank gear for around 100 tough) using a 2hander.

http://tinyurl.com/6gmcskm

Mind you this only used on the epics as other trash I use a generic shaman/inquis/just build to burn thru it fast.

SHOE is helpful as well.

Soulwalker

I use 2 roles for rift soloing, Duracell to clear the trash, and when the elite pops up, I change to justicar tank + shield and one hander.
    Duracell is the cookie cutter spec, tank spec is 10/5/rest sham/sentinel/just.
    Im currently 48 with mostly blue gear, and with popping a potion I have soloed 50 minor rift with the bonus stage. I can't kill thrash fast enough as tank to qualify or the bonus stage, hence the role change.

I have only one HOT essence, I'm thinking of getting 2 to boost up the healing, as I think that using potions is cheating ;)

I guess this is dependent of what kind of elite pops up though, hard magic users might be hard, melee is easier.

I use either full inq/wrd/pur or inquisicar/snt for the fist stages. Final stage either swap to a jus/shm or stay in full inq. Your 8 sec Bewilder, which can be queued to land instantly after a ranged missile type spell is often overlooked. Just use any dot's wisely, i.e when at range and at full health. When your hp starts to fall let the dots wear off, bewilder and heal up. Repeat.

You can kill anything like this. Only problem is if someone decides you need some help, not nice having a CC breaker when you are so high up in hate.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Rift Disciple

"Rogue". For the love of..
    Last edited by mynameistaken; 06-21-2011 at 07:19 AM.

Rift Disciple

The duracell build might work versus an equal elite, but it's suboptimal due to wasting a lot of points on AOE... which won't matter versus a single elite.

I have a spec dedicated to soloing elites... 26 in justicar making sure to take 5/5 shield of faith, 3/3 devout deflection and reprieve... then go 31 shaman... and the last 9 wherever... I put them into druid but there are lots of viable options. In this build I don't waste any points on AOE talents because it's specifically for single target. It works fairly well.

I've always wanted to try a 26 justicar/20 shaman/20 warden build... but I haven't got around to it. That would give you soothing stream and orbs of the stream from warden, almost certainly increasing your overall healing, but definitely costing you DPS due to the reduced points in shaman.

I have tried a 26 justicar/20 shaman/20 druid build but the way I was playing it, it didn't give enough healing. I put all the big swings in my macro... fervent strike, massive blow... making sure to keep up eruption of life, crags hammer and vengeance of the winter storm (all add magic damage to physical attacks). You've always got a big swing off of cooldown with this build and it's kills single targets very well. Unfortunately, you're not using justicar abilities when played this way so the healing is not enough versus elites. I've been meaning to go back and try this again while sticking to mainly justi attacks (still keeping up eruption of life though) but I haven't got around to this either...

Hope this gives you some ideas to try...
    A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time. When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied, The one I feed the most.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfury View Post
    I've always wanted to try a 26 justicar/20 shaman/20 warden build... but I haven't got around to it. That would give you soothing stream and orbs of the stream from warden, almost certainly increasing your overall healing, but definitely costing you DPS due to the reduced points in shaman.
    This works extremely well vs really tough elites like stage 6 of the earth rifts in shimmersand. I'm working on a post about it that I'll put up at the same time as my updated Duracell thread.

Shield of Telara

1. I can solo most elites that don't require a dedicated healer (i.e. 500+ hits) in my tank spec. That's 51 justi/shaman/druid atm (similar build could solo stage 5 of rifts at 50 and below).

2 and 3. Ranged cleric will put out 600-800 dps; mage should do something like 700-1000; melee dps (cleric, rogue, war) can do 1000-1200+. Basically the druid hybrid build is competitive single-target dps; any ranged build is weak dps, but you can take justicar in addition for awesome group healing.

28/20/18 Justi/Sent/Sham

If it is soloable, this build will solo it. I do 90% of the fights in MoH, the rest of the fights comprise of 15+ level 50 mobs so I go into MoL.

HC, HI+FoL, Reprieve and DoL spam are your oh **** buttons.

I also have 50+ (generally 66) toughness while running around in this spec so I can roll over anything in my path. The 3 man dallies in Stillmoore are soloable, easily, with this build.
    A Justicar's path is not one of ease. But, hey, we do get to hit stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeFS View Post
    28/20/18 Justi/Sent/Sham

If it is soloable, this build will solo it. I do 90% of the fights in MoH, the rest of the fights comprise of 15+ level 50 mobs so I go into MoL.

HC, HI+FoL, Reprieve and DoL spam are your oh **** buttons.

I also have 50+ (generally 66) toughness while running around in this spec so I can roll over anything in my path. The 3 man dallies in Stillmoore are soloable, easily, with this build.
    Anything with a few points in Justi trivialises the Stillmoor 3 mans.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    I solo most of regular AP (lvl 50 group mobs), some of CC, easy clear on lvl 50 minor rifts, clear most major if I get lucky with damage stones, and tank T1s with this spec (3 pieces of tank gear for around 100 tough) using a 2hander.

http://tinyurl.com/6gmcskm

Mind you this only used on the epics as other trash I use a generic shaman/inquis/just build to burn thru it fast.

SHOE is helpful as well.
    Heya Noah, could I bother you to post your rotation and your macros u use with this spec? It's looking really good to me, and I don't wanna screw it up by choosing the wrong macros, or hits it needs to use... Thanks bud, I appreciate it...

Telaran

1 more point in justicar gets you a long cooldown massive heal. Isn't that worth more than 4% more crit damage and a rez for soloing?

Also, at low-medium gear levels you probably want 3/3 in Devout Deflection now, since they lowered the amount of parry (and added dodge)

Closed Thread